inTank Media Baskets

Bongo Shrimp's 29g Reef

Bongo Shrimp

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did I mention I just got a sweet new Fluval G3 filter for my biocube? It's actually sweet with a built in computer, conductivity and salinity sensor. It also does temp and monitors its own flow. I added 10% volume to my tank and now I have a place to put things like chemipure elite, carbon and whatever else I want. It's actually something that I think will really help down the road.

Screw media baskets...

Hey there, nice tank, beautiful stock...sorry to hear about the candy..Do you still have the feather star?

No I lost them a long time ago from the evil nitrates. They were over 3 years old though so I am confident that they were feeding. I just have to find that exact kind again cause I know they are safe to get.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, lots of expensive but nice goodies in here! But... where are the Bongos?!

I had them for three years in my lagoon tank. Then when my LFS went out of business I didn't get any more.

Deleted User 4

Nice pair of candys, how much did those cost you? and where? I've been checking on dd all the time recently but they didn't have one for sale either.

Nice pair of candys, how much did those cost you? and where? I've been checking on dd all the time recently but they didn't have one for sale either.

Sorry but I don't give out my sources or prices. But DD is a surefire way to find them. There will be more on DD eventually, just a matter of time.

• 2 weeks later...
altolamprologus
Looky my new fishy!

_cfimg-1465695452327470071.PNG

And I have another candy basslet on the way too. (so I have a pair)

Pic doesn't work for me.

Can you sex the candies so you know you have a m/f pair, or does it not matter?

Looky my new fishy!

_cfimg-1465695452327470071.PNG

And I have another candy basslet on the way too. (so I have a pair)

"It appears that the page you've requested has been moved. Please feel free to explore LiveAquaria.com from our home page , or if you prefer, enter your Search request above.

We apologize for any inconvenience." :(

Callogobius amikami

Thanks Bongo. I know you don't reveal your prices but may I ask was this guy more than $80? I only ask because I'm debating asking the livestock manager at the lfs to try and bring one in for me but not if it's a pricey fish.

Thanks Bongo. I know you don't reveal your prices but may I ask was this guy more than $80? I only ask because I'm debating asking the livestock manager at the lfs to try and bring one in for me but not if it's a pricey fish.

If you get the DD update emails you can see it there. ;)

Yeah it was over $80 but depending on the wholesaler and LFS the prices can vary. Ask your lfs to find out the price before they order if they can.

If you get the DD update emails you can see it there. ;)

Yeah it was over $80 but depending on the wholesaler and LFS the prices can vary. Ask your lfs to find out the price before they order if they can.

Thanks Bongo, I just subscribed so maybe I'll see the next one. I will see if I can get one tracked down for me and go from there. Such a different and beautiful fish!! Can't wait to see pics you take of it.

Me either. I have to wait extra long to see it though cause I'm going out of town for a week and then my buddy who is holding it for me is going out of town. Two weeks till I see it.

Do you ever see him? I've never seen mine except when I moved the rock to make sure he's still alive. He did eat cyclopeeze when I dripped him but other then that I have no idea if he's eaten. When I feed the tank he does not come out.

I'm not so sure about the species :

http://fishbase.sinica.edu.tw/Photos/Thumb...ry.php?ID=26993

I guess it's possible they grow up and look like that, but it says they're red sea when I know mine is indo. Also mine was 20$ :)

animalmaster6

GAWDDANGIT BONGO!

:jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :jealous: :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
Bongo Shrimp

Ok so the situation with the goby is I think he got out of the critter cage he was in while my friend was holding him for me since I was on vacation. It was in a small fuge so we are going to look for him when my friend gets back from his vacation. The only other thing in the fuge is sebastian the flame lobster but I don't think he would be after the little guy.

I moved my red spotted pistol into the reef tank and will be getting him a whitecap goby probably next week.

Also, I have another candy basslet coming in two weeks (one week quarantine at the wholesaler this time).

Archived