Pod Your Reef

Bongo Shrimp's 29g Reef

Bongo Shrimp

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bongo Shrimp
Hey Bongo, it's been a while but do you still have the featherstar/basket star?

The new coral magazines article on them made me think of you

I haven't had them in a long time. Although I had them for 3 years leading up to the nitrate spike. My friend who has that big 150g had the same type from the same place I got mine and he too lost his to nitrates. The basket stars just never lived long for either of us. And my friend there does phyto every hour on the hour so IDK they are tough I guess. Now with my ulns I wouldn't dare try another basket star.

• 2 weeks later...
Bongo Shrimp

I've been getting frustrated with white balance so I have not been taking a lot of pic lately. I'll see what I can do though.

BTW the "view last photo" button on my Nikon D80 just decided not to work anymore. Really annoying when trying to check each pic before adjusting the wb!

There needs to be an iPhone app designed specifically for taking pics in aquariums which can deal with the excess blue!

Bongo Shrimp
or get an underwater camera, I've been looking at those myself.

WOW I feel dumb. I have one sitting around here somewhere...

Bongo Shrimp

Some photos for you miss. All were shot in the water.

Side view:

fbb01a2a.jpg

Top down:

5c72adb4.jpg

Acro Shrimp (You can only see part of him as he was trying to hide. In this pic you can see a good view of one arm and claw.):

1217e541.jpg

Really bad pic of the porites:

6a3e8fe2.jpg

Happy Clam:

7f103de0.jpg

Bongo Shrimp

He is the coolest. He comes out at night and tends to the coralites. He tucks each one in for bed every night after telling them a story.

Bongo Shrimp
Any chance you can get a video of that? That would be awesome.

The blankets are too small to really get on tape without a macro lens. He does come out at night though really and move around the acro and clean sand off of the branches and sometimes bug an anthias trying to sleep in the acro.

Bongo Shrimp
Yeah I figured he'd probably be too small.

I can try to get HIM on tape. He is not too small but IDK about zooming and cropping the video itself, which may prove a bit difficult. I way way way over zoomed in to that pic.

Some photos for you miss. All were shot in the water.

Holy cow Bongo! Thanks for posting, these are gorgeous.

I saw a pair of mated lima shrimp for sale. are those cool critters to have? I figured you would know.

Bongo Shrimp
Holy cow Bongo! Thanks for posting, these are gorgeous.

I saw a pair of mated lima shrimp for sale. are those cool critters to have? I figured you would know.

Thanks! Not sure I'm familiar with anything called lima shrimp. Scientific name?

Archived