Innovative Marine Aquariums

Bongo Shrimp's 29g Reef

Bongo Shrimp

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking great Bongo! I love seeing pictures of the entire GDM. Once you put them in your tank you will never see him/her that way again.

-Dave

He actually comes out and you can see his whole body when I feed. He gets excited and looks all around the tank.

If you don't mind my asking, where did you get the GDM?

Sorry but I do not give out that kind of information. Nothing personal.

Thank you. I did lose the table on the left side though this week. It just STNed out of nowhere. I think it had to do with not enough flow but others have said it could just be cause wild colonies do that sometimes.

Some of the local stores are getting wild/maricultured colonies more often. With a large variety. Giving the option to either buy the whole piece or different size frags. I like having the option to get a bigger piece than a half inch frag. I just got a new acro with a solid green base and blue coralities/polyps. I split the colony into two. I've learned that if buying a wild or maricultured colony can and may stn. So by cutting the colony in half, I've noticed that if it does stn, it normally dosent hit both halves. Though a lot of people around here want acros but are scared of obtaining aefw that hit a lot of tanks over the past year.

Some of the local stores are getting wild/maricultured colonies more often. With a large variety. Giving the option to either buy the whole piece or different size frags. I like having the option to get a bigger piece than a half inch frag. I just got a new acro with a solid green base and blue coralities/polyps. I split the colony into two. I've learned that if buying a wild or maricultured colony can and may stn. So by cutting the colony in half, I've noticed that if it does stn, it normally dosent hit both halves. Though a lot of people around here want acros but are scared of obtaining aefw that hit a lot of tanks over the past year.

That's why you HAVE TO dip your acros every time no matter where you got them.

That's why you HAVE TO dip your acros every time no matter where you got them.

+10000000 to that. I had aefw last year and took me 3 months to rid my tank of them. Thought the dip does not kill the eggs. Which is probably how they got in. If you've seen Nanotopia's tank she was extremely diligent and still got them, even with the use of zeovit aefw additive.

I tell anyone and everyone who wants acros, you must dip.

• 4 weeks later...

So, how many of you guys have a girlfriend who gives you a 5" Tahitian Maxima just cause she loves you? Hmm... figures.

4F5A2629-48F9-4748-BE6D-FB050E27E56B-1758-00000177E61D2B47_zps0bd857b2.jpg

Thanks babe.

• 2 months later...
Bongo Shrimp

Have not posted on here in forever! I'm battling bryopsis still but I might be finally getting somewhere. I have 14 corals in the tank currently but I am waiting to get the bryopsis down to mount most of them. I will be getting about 8, maybe more, ATL pieces soon too. I'll get more and better pics of them in the next few days.

pdhoto_zpsd10d0a61.jpg

phnoto_zps3b949f3d.jpg

Here's my new pride and joy. Finally found the right species again after years of looking.

phoffto_zpse37b6f59.jpg

altolamprologus

Corals are looking great and that milli is really starting to color up! And of course, that feather star is a beast. Hopefully you can beat your 3 year record

Bongo Shrimp

Corals are looking great and that milli is really starting to color up! And of course, that feather star is a beast. Hopefully you can beat your 3 year record

Oh it's on!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Any updates?

How is your soapfish doing?

And the golden moray?

I'm seriously considering getting one that is at an lfs and eating... But my tank is only a 30g, and I have some smaller fish in there.

Bongo Shrimp

The soapfish didn't make it unfortunately because he wasn't decompressed properly. I lost the golden and the candy basslet when my huge pink acro spawned and all the oxygen was sapped from the tank in about 1 hour. He was a model citizen and I hope to get another one day.

• 2 months later...

Archived