SaltCritters.com

jbm's 5.5g aio

JBM

Impose. I guess you're not going to the swap or are you. Sorry about the algae prob you're having

i swear your like beetle juice, i say your name & *poof* you appear in my thread.

no, i wont be going to the swap, still recovering from the surgery.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am feeling better

there is good news..... some snails have spawned in my tank, i see 5 or 6 baby snails on the glass. This is cool, algae is not

can we get an actual pic of your rock covered in algae? please? for me at least? xD

funny thing is, none of the rocks are covered in the algae, my macro algae has it. I added seachems phosguard today. I'll get a pic later today for id purposes

tank sold last night so i cant swap stuff over.

its over your macro? odd.

agreed. So untill i figure out whats going on & what i can do to help it go away. nothing goes in the tank.

And to make matters worse, my daughter broke my gravity ato ($!$#%$&^!#@%#^*)

i by no means claim that seachems phosguard works miracles, but for some strange reason, my mystery algae is gone almost as fast as it showed up. 1 or 2 trace pieces left, but otherwise gone.

Trimmed some of the caulerpa prolifera back, cause it was starting to lurch forward & attach to the cheato. I hope one day to have the entire back wall covered in the stuff (it adds motion to an otherwise still tank)

new crappy fts for you all

44225_483799820738_600630738_6849779_4643122_n.jpg

Wow gladits just about gone and the pictures isn't that bad And she's a baby she didn't mean to break it Give her a hug from me

you have some red bubble algae in dead center front of the tank lol.

im aware, been there for almost a year now. Oddly enough i know its a "nuisance" algae, but i like it. Splash of red.

Kim: i know she is a baby, she cried for about 2 hours saying she was bad. It's ok, gives me a reason to get a better ato

The tank looks great! Red bubble algae and all ;)

Beautiful clam. I'm glad you were able to solve the nuisance algae problem, and I'm going to keep the seachem's phosguard in mind.

B)

Yeah She's a baby atleast she knew she did wrong. Did you give her a hug and kiss from me?

did one better, gave her an ice pop & said it's from you.

ap123:

it's not 100% better, but on a scale of 1-10 (10 being total algae massacre 1 being a normal tank); it was a 6.8....... now it's more along the lines of a 1.75.

Something i thought of, it might be my RO unit. it is really super duper old. Maybe it's time for a new one. GRRRR time to go find a TDS meter

why do you need a new RO unit? get a TDS meter and test the water going out. if its 0 youre still good. if its not, then replace the filter's membranes and other filtering stuff. you dont have to replace the whole unit lol.

I personally use a SpectraPure RO/DI unit with the TDS meter included. it was $145 .

Convinced my wife I needed to upgrade the tank due to the clam outgrowing the 5g in a year.

Be on the look out for the 20 long with leds

30x12x12 tank. Red sea prisim protien skimmer, jbj ato jbj duo wavemaker, 2 koralia evolution 750 gph powerheads. 20 lbs sand. 30 lbs LR (20 is the new reef Cleaners) custom 24 led fixture.

Might keep the 5g as a frag tank

:o

that doesnt surprise me, i have spend around that for my 3 gal pico too lol. but why not just reuse some stuff from the 5 gal for the 20 gal instead of buying all new.

Here's a suggestion:

just go with one MP10 powerhead, and a Metal Halide light. you can also put one heater in if the MH doesnt function as a heater very well. lol

but thats it, I would opt for a simple setup. one quality powerhead like the MP 10 that can create waves, live rock and sand for filtration and the MH for lightsource for corals. nothing else is really needed ;)

Archived