Cultivated Reef

jbm's 5.5g aio

JBM

it's not my fault John cant count. I'm thinking im gonna have to feed these buggers to keep them alive, which is something i have never had to do. Piece of table shrimp? raw clam? Algae waifer?

They had a good meal cleaning up so in theory, i have a few days to figure out what im going to feed them.

Bleh

Not that I can order from reefcleaners, but if I could this consistent over-delivery would actually put me off. If I order a CUC for a pico, I want a CUC for a pico that can survive past day 3. Sure they are only snails, but they are still living things and I don't like the idea of starving them.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So before i left for work, i cut a 6" piece of 3mm tubing. Fed some pelets (maybe 10-12) into it & fed the snails. Nazarius snails instantly came out to feed.

And as far as the quantity of snails. 1/2 of them havent moved from the spot where i put them. 2 more days & they go visit the porcelian goddess.

And as far as selling extra living ones. No, all the lfs here carry 2 types of snails. Nazaruis & turbos. And they charge a arm & a leg for them to boot. $4 for a freakin snail? GTFO

What corals are you going to start with?

Zoa Pack - $60 - 2 available

1 polyp - PPE

1 polyp - Red Hornet

1 polyp - Purple Hornet morph (Very nice)

1 polyp - RPE

1 polyp - Armor Of God

4-5 pyolsp - Whammin' Watermelon

3-4 polyps - King Midas

2-3 polyps - Nuke Greens

Going to the kids house tomorrow to take a look, no obligation to buy. But im sure i will.

Back about 4 years ago a single frag of Nuke Greens or Purple Hornets would go for $60 (4-5 polyps). So to me with my ancient thinking, this is a pretty dam good deal. But of course health/size/color of the corals is my main concern

Picture is a tad blue. Not bad for a cell pic (droid 2 global)

375875_10150489635390739_600630738_10642745_669361199_n.jpg

Other frags are either to small for pic, or oddly positioned. But all are open & happy with there new home.

Will do a water change on monday.

well it's monday.

Tank is doing well.

Gonna be doing a 2g water change, depending on how things go, i'll probably stick with this volume weekly, for no other reason than it's easier for me.

Oooh nice prices.

What kind of gourami? I might get one when my betta finally kicks the bucket.

We need pics, man. PICS!

yea, this lfs (which is a 30 minute drive from me) is pretty kick ass with it's frag section. Once everything is happy i'll post up some pics.

But here is a pic of the gourami

381937_10150501704055739_600630738_10683819_361084272_n.jpg

hey jbm i cant see any of your pics. not sure whats up with that....

idk, pictures work for me.

Stopped at my favorite lfs. Picked up another zoa frag & a nice acan frag for $16.

Also bought a gourami for my fw tank. Total spent $22

Hey, those frags are nice! What's the name of the LFS you goto? I'm in the NYC area, always looking to check out new stores to purchase frags for my tank.

Any close ups of the frags?

im working with a cell phone, i can take some close ups. however they arent that great.

Is that a dwarf? What's up with his tail?

Nice corals btw :P

IDK, it just looks like a birth mark. It swims, eats & does fish like things. Probably a dwarf. But at the end of the day, it resides in a 20 long with 8 neon tetras & a lone albino cory cat.

Hey, those frags are nice! What's the name of the LFS you goto? I'm in the NYC area, always looking to check out new stores to purchase frags for my tank.

Its call pets warehouse, on sunrise highway in amityville. They also have 2 other locations One in garden city (which would be closer to you) and another way out on the island.

I've never seen a lfs on manhattan proper. where are they hiding?

Its call pets warehouse, on sunrise highway in amityville. They also have 2 other locations One in garden city (which would be closer to you) and another way out on the island.

I've never seen a lfs on manhattan proper. where are they hiding?

thanks, amityville isn't that bad..it's a nice ride.

well in manhattan, there's manhattan aquariums or something like that. they are OK. If you want to travel to Brooklyn there is a new place called Coral Theory, awesome frags and prices too :)

well in manhattan, there's manhattan aquariums or something like that. they are OK. If you want to travel to Brooklyn there is a new place called Coral Theory, awesome frags and prices too :)

i try to stay away from brooklyn like the plague.

so i went to the lfs yesterday, pushed the w/c back to wednesday. Did a minor re arrangement of the tank. added some carbon & purigen. Why you might ask? Still not quite sure, but it worked

picked up this 2 head florida ric for $18

387394_10150517652570739_600630738_10736644_1962217815_n.jpg

lights just turned on so not everything is happy yet

new fts 12/6/2011

390016_10150517655860739_600630738_10736666_1693238446_n.jpg

Archived