Innovative Marine Aquariums

jbm's 5.5g aio

JBM

5 minutes out of the bag

58770_474677100738_600630738_6671769_10942_n.jpg

hour & a half out of the bag (and now a happy clam)

61962_474698175738_600630738_6672242_8303453_n.jpg

58505_474698400738_600630738_6672245_4795958_n.jpg

it's atleast 2" in length, amazing colors. LFS claims it's a ORA grade A clam, i highly doubt it, but either way i like it.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i cant wait for the lights to turn on so i can see how it faired overnight.

Im sure it did fine tho, i'll be watching it like a hawk

Been thinking long & hard about my upgrade (7.5g cube) Cant decide if i was to go all Zen like, build another aio, or just throw a eheim liberty filter on the back & call it a day.

Also cant decide what i want to do. A dwarf pipefish tank would be cool, but i cant find any solid info on them, Dwarf Seahorses are definately out, as i dont have the time or space to hatch bbs everyday.

GRRRR

aww its a clam lol. you should move that mushroom on the left, to face outward instead of into the tank....just a suggestion

80% of the day it does face outward. it's a weird mushroom

your tank makes me want a clam. but you probably have a larger growout system for it. I only got a 3 gallon and a 10 gallon :(

omg awesome auction on a clam, totally going to buy one :P

EDIT: nope, big fail. i knew a $10.00 clam was too good to be true. the reserve price on that auction was way more than 10.00

your tank makes me want a clam. but you probably have a larger growout system for it.

what grow out system?

quick tank update, i finally pulled the mj600 out & cleaned it up.

also switched out the twin outputs for a single wide one. Loads more flow in the tank

i meant a larger tank to put it in when it grows too big for this 5.5

or will you just sell it when it starts getting too big and buy a new small one?

i meant a larger tank to put it in when it grows too big for this 5.5

or will you just sell it when it starts getting too big and buy a new small one?

dont have a larger tank

probably sell it & just keep the cash. i'd make hand over fist even if i sold it tomorrow

so i think im starting to have an outbreak of Dinoflagellates. Lots of air bubbles & stringy brown algae starting to form in the tank

needless to say im not happy.

doing a 1 gallon water change tomorrow & buying some phosguard, even tho i already have macro in the tank i dont think it's enough.

F*ck me

selling my GLA cube, realized that it will never see what & probably break with the way my wife throws stuff in the closet.

see fs section for fs post

been doing 2 quart w/c every 3 days

algae is not letting up.

So im bumping it up to 1 gallon (4 quart) every other day till i get this algae under control.

I agressivley siphoned out some of the algae, hope i dont do more harm than good. Tomorrow i will get some phosban.

If it's dinoflaggelate water changes could be adding more food for it. I had those in my biocube and only way I got rid of mine was a complete blackout for almost a month and raising my magnesium =(.

If it's dinoflaggelate water changes could be adding more food for it. I had those in my biocube and only way I got rid of mine was a complete blackout for almost a month and raising my magnesium =(.

this will kill even the hardier corals, so if thats to be attempted, its best to move livestock a bit...

this will kill even the hardier corals, so if thats to be attempted, its best to move livestock a bit...

i wouldnt atempt a 1 month lights out, far to risky. i wouldnt even go 1 day lights out. My clam would hate me.

only person i know thats close that still has a reef (that i'd even trust with a clam) is Kim, but i wouldnt want to impose. SO lights off is a big no no.

Other sugestions?

bigger water changes, Chaeto in a fuge, maybe get your coralline algae growing at fast rate, all to compete with and starve out the algae.

What type of algae are you dealing with here again?

looks most like dinoflagellates

picture from reefcleaners

Fish027.jpg

looks like that but much longer in size.

i have many macros in the display, cheato, red lettuce, blue scroll, a form of calupra. Sot his is kinda odd to me

Archived