• Created
  • Last Reply

-Potrans Power Supply 24v @ 4.2a

-8x XR-E RB's

-3x XR-E Q5's

-2x 1000ma Dimmable Buckpucks w/ potentiometer

-3x 1"x1" Computer Fans-

-Extra 18awg Pre-cut 3" wires

think i got enough stuffs? only gonna run 4 of the XR-E RB's tho. Dont see a need for 8, but it came in a package deal.

That sounds legit. was this in the SNS? i think i saw it there and considered it myself :P

Although i think the highest current you wanna run the RB's at is 700mA... 1000mA will certainly run them just fine, it will just shorten their lifespan. I'm 90% sure that tidbit of info came from the LED guy evil.

That sounds legit. was this in the SNS? i think i saw it there and considered it myself :P

Although i think the highest current you wanna run the RB's at is 700mA... 1000mA will certainly run them just fine, it will just shorten their lifespan. I'm 90% sure that tidbit of info came from the LED guy evil.

This was in the FS section, got a better deal than listed. I already bought a HUGE heatsink (10x7x1) so i didnt need the listed heatsink. Im glad i finally paid of my student loan, so now i can enjoy an extra $80 a week. SO that means more toys for the family & myself.

now just the question is; how much will it shorten the lifespan? 30%? 50%? The led's will be over cooled (atleast in my opinion) so im sure that might help. 3 1" fans & a way oversized heatsink.

I could always trade my 1000mA for a 700mA. Or just keep it, buy a 700mA & create a cool fuge light.

I could always trade my 1000mA for a 700mA. Or just keep it, buy a 700mA & create a cool fuge light.

I'm not sure by how much exactly, but i like that idea ;)

But I just realized something about that last brain fart. I don't have a fuge. I have cheato inside my display.

Maybe I'll build a light for my friends Pico that he hasn't started yet. I only gave him the tank for Christmas. Its still sitting in the box it was shipped in...... yea that's what I'll do.

But I just realized something about that last brain fart. I don't have a fuge. I have cheato inside my display.

:slap:

The friend idea is good though, gifts are always nice :flower:

package arrived with the box O leds & stuffs

Ordered the Pads from nano-tuners.

now just to get creative & build something

YO THATS AWSOM!

Also, i found the specs on the RB's. CREE themselves say their max is 1000mA. thats the same as the CW. So i think you'll be fine with your buckpuck

YO THATS AWSOM!

Also, i found the specs on the RB's. CREE themselves say their max is 1000mA. thats the same as the CW. So i think you'll be fine with your buckpuck

i found the same thing with your findings, a employee from bulbtronics in the city said 1000 mA would be fine.

never knew this stuff was so small.

so i have my lay out.

2 strings:

rb w rb w

w rb w rb

came up with a 2 1/4" spacing between each led from left to right.

came up with a 3" spacing up & down.

That'll give me just shy of 2" of spacing on each side top & bottom for a led rope (moon light)

I'd make them closer together or blending might be a problem, something like 1.5 inches apart max. the heat will spread throughout the whole heatsink don't worry :)

I'd make them closer together or blending might be a problem, something like 1.5 inches apart max. the heat will spread throughout the whole heatsink don't worry :)

i spaced them out due to coverage.

im afraid it wont cover the tank well

how high up is the fixture gona be? mines ~2 inches off the water, all LED's within a 6" width of one another, and spectacular coverage on a 14" tank ;)

how high up is the fixture gona be? mines ~2 inches off the water, all LED's within a 6" width of one another, and spectacular coverage on a 14" tank ;)

about the same.

my tank "display" is 12x8

well my thermal pads came in today. So i'll take all my supplies with me to work (working a midnight) so i'll have plenty of time to work on my fixture)

1.5" spacing side by side?

what about up & down? same thing?

my stupid ass forgot the box o goodies on the way out.

now i'll have nothing to do tonight.

MEH, tomorrow night i'll remember to bring the box o stuffs, so can build my led creation

Archived