Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

jbm's 5.5g aio

JBM

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't wait to see this tank up and running

it is running.

altho im gonna wait till i have more rock in it before i complain about flow. It's got a mj600 in it now. so my calculations say it's a 29x turn over rate. I dont think it's enough, but that just might be me.

Gonna place an order with reefcleaners.org now for 6 lbs of reefbones (cant beat it $20 for 6 pounds?)

the closed top isn't helping.

you turned it into a easy bake oven :lol:

nix the top and see what happens. if it's still hot add a fan.

2 degrees isn't really that bad

the closed top isn't helping.

you turned it into a easy bake oven :lol:

nix the top and see what happens. if it's still hot add a fan.

2 degrees isn't really that bad

my tank swung 6 degrees last night cause i messed up a water change

Yea, I might ditch the top.

This is why I like letting my tanks be for 8-12 weeks. I can figure out my temp swings & the little quirks to each tank.

Especially with this tank. I am in no rush to start stocking it. Thus why I'm not checking parameters till I hit the 9 or 10 week mark. Just gonna keep topping off. If everything tests 0 then I'll do my 50% w/c & add a cuc.

It also gives me time to find the perfect frags & inhabitants.

got my order of blue macro algae in last night. Aclimated it to the tank & it's all happy (not blue yet, loses it's color during shipping) and doing it's thing.

Yay

oh & evap is almost non exsistant. with a 4 hr light period last night temp never went over 80.1 , checked it this am around 4:30am temp was sitting at 78.2. Yes i know 2* isnt horrible, but im working on a fan solution to keep temps down during the photo period.

anybody know of some really small night light led that i can retro into the coralife fixture?

got my order of blue macro algae in last night. Aclimated it to the tank & it's all happy (not blue yet, loses it's color during shipping) and doing it's thing.

Yay

oh & evap is almost non exsistant. with a 4 hr light period last night temp never went over 80.1 , checked it this am around 4:30am temp was sitting at 78.2. Yes i know 2* isnt horrible, but im working on a fan solution to keep temps down during the photo period.

anybody know of some really small night light led that i can retro into the coralife fixture?

sounds ghetto, and it is, but it's the perfect time of year to do it anyway. Christmas lights!

forgot to mention my daughter decided to dose my 40b with a full 16oz of milk.

needless to say it pissed of my coral, so i quickly moved them to the 5.5g.

the coral was pissed for a few hours from zero acclimation but now everybody is open & happy. SO inhabbitants are 2x frogspawn & 3 mushrooms ( yay )

nothing else for 2 months. pictures tommorow

So i do realize that the pictures area bit yellow, but thats ok. It's ok because the fixture has 2 9w 6,500k bulbs. My lfs has ordered new bulbs

red mushrooms

14544_220623610738_600630738_4143440_1524095_n.jpg

notice the touch of blue on the macro (kinda need to look hard)

14544_220623620738_600630738_4143441_7429266_n.jpg

purple green frogspawn

14544_220623625738_600630738_4143442_2890272_n.jpg

a pissed off "regular" frogspawn

14544_220623630738_600630738_4143443_4758149_n.jpg

FTS as of 12/7/09

14544_220623635738_600630738_4143444_2681884_n.jpg

just another funky angle of the red mushrooms

14544_220623640738_600630738_4143445_3472137_n.jpg

You're off to a good start buddy. That 'regular' frogspawn doesn't look like it's gunna make it though, his skeleton doesn't look like it has that protective slime on it.

Orca pico has been shipped. YAY!

Also gonna purchase a timer for the lights.

So here is a great question for you pico people: Should I do regular w/c's because I have coral in the tank? Or should I let it do it's thing for a few more weeks.

I'm not running any media other than poly fill (which gets changed every 2-3 days). The poly fill is pretty clean when I remove it, but does have some detrius.

Orca pico has been shipped. YAY!

Also gonna purchase a timer for the lights.

So here is a great question for you pico people: Should I do regular w/c's because I have coral in the tank? Or should I let it do it's thing for a few more weeks.

I'm not running any media other than poly fill (which gets changed every 2-3 days). The poly fill is pretty clean when I remove it, but does have some detrius.

why are you still here ?

jk i didnt get to get my stuff shipped today :(

I'll do a parameter test later on tonight.

Parameters that I know off hand:

Sg- 1.026

Temp- ~78*

------------------

Will update after 6 when I get home with the rest.

I am hoping that my reef rock comes in today. I have a itch to aqua scape. I will be sure to take some macro pics of it before it goes in the tank. Then plenty of pictures after it's wet.

Archived