SaltCritters.com

jbm's 5.5g aio

JBM

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr. Microscope
Its gona take more than four days for your corals to adjust to that ;) try tweaking it every one to two weeks

+1. Give them more time.

Awesome upgrade! Congratulations on the build. Looks like some serious light. Did you run into any problems while building it? Do you have any changes in mind for your livestock with the new lighting?

The only problem I ran into was a bum seller selling me all royal blue leds. So I'm running 10 leds instead of the original 6 I planned. Building the light was super easy. If Nano-tuners didn't have the pads I probably would have never done this mod. Even tho I'm a mechanic by trade. Me & taps don't get along well.

I still plan to keep softies and lps, but might consider a beginner sps or clam in the distant future. Somewhere after the 1 year mark.

Mr. Microscope I got your message, don't think I'm ignoring you. Just very busy.

The led Retro is not done. Eventually I will put it all in a fixture and make it pretty. However I kinda wanted it over the tank to see the goodness it provided. I tell all of you, it delivered 999,999,999,999,999,999.99 times more goodness than I expected.

Mark

Thats LED for ya :) I was EXTREMELY skeptical in the beginning. I had as much faith in LED as glenn beck does in health reform. But the second I turned on my light and started playing with the dials I was a changed man. I absolutely LOVE LED now.

i've always had faith in new technologies. I just waited & waited & waited till the right deal(s) came about & pounced like a tiger.

While i do support vendors from various forums. I'd rather save a few $ from someone else's failed atempts, getting what i need/want at a discounted rate.

So now i lay in wait for a broken pc/t5 fixture at the right price. Might come in a week, might be in a few months, either way it will get done.

New tank came in today. Might set it up for my daughter in her room. Might wait a while. Wife wasn't very happy about the purchase.

temps have been really stable since adding the led's

did a 2 qt w/c yesterday. Probably gonna change my chemi-pure elite aswell.

Yes. 24v potrans powersupply & 2 1000mA pucks w/pot for dimming.

GREAT BUILD AND PICS. Did you use pucks or what to control the power?

Mr. Microscope,

Just last night I was compairing picture of the original frag to what it is now. OMG! When I bought it it was a 10-12 head frag. It was also brown and pale. Now after the leds it has that green tint & sparkles. Not a bad choice or purchase for $7 16 months ago.

Archived