Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

jbm's 5.5g aio

JBM

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it was over a 40 breeder, which after staring at my pico for a year is very beastly tank. Hell the 20 long which sits not more than 2 feet away from my 5g is beastly.

go figure

a shame..

officially the days of this pico are numbered.

my daughter decided to poke a hole in the sand bag. SO..... i dumped it all in & made the tank run

wait h/o she poked a hole i nthe sand bag that had extra sand in it....sooo you put all that extra sand in this tank? what happened to all the livestock? did you move it out at least?

wait h/o she poked a hole i nthe sand bag that had extra sand in it....sooo you put all that extra sand in this tank? what happened to all the livestock? did you move it out at least?

extra? no. i bought new sand for the 20 long. The only thing that will get transferred over is the frags (in 3 months)

yes, I am confused. she made you add your sand to the 20 GL earlier than you expected to add it? youre transferring frags over to the 20 GL, so that means youre not taking it down completely, and leaving some colonies in there? (or you are taking it down fully in 3 months?) lol sorry if im bothering you too much, i'm just lost.(and im trying to get you to keep the pico running xD)

Yes, she made me add sand to the tank earlier than i wanted. I am not transferring frags to the 20l (not at this time). When the time is right i will transfer over everything. I will not be keeping the pico running, The light on the pico is getting put over the 20 long.

if you like the tank so much you should buy it. i'll let it go real cheap

I have too many tanks as it is lol, thank you. I was just wondering why you would take apart something that has been successful for a year (most picos die young)

to move on to something more successful. Dont get me wrong. I love the tank. It's been very good to me. I made a few mistakes along the way, but nothing that i could not pull thru. Now it's time to take what i've learned & apply it to a larger water volume.

found a deal on the following supplies locally

24v portans power supply

1 1000mA buckpuck w/pot

1 700 mA buckpuck w/pot

All for $40

if i can actually get this, the 5.5g will remain running. I'll retro a simple led setup into my 12" coralife pc fixture

• 3 weeks later...

95% of the transfer has been completed.

the only thin left in the 5g is the red algae, the huge button palys & maybe 4-5 pounds of live rock.

Cant decide if i should keep this running as a seahorse tank, with 1 seahorse. or just break it down completely

Archived