Coral Vue Hydros

New Unoffical 10 Gallon contest coming up

Damsels R Cool

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh ok. I would assume that would be ok, modded tanks are allowed right? So a modded tank with one HOB filter should be fine.

I wouldn't see why you couldn't do that. Just add the price of the acrylic to your budget. But I am not the mod or contest starter. But I think it is fair you are not adding volume just acrylic

Zoa-

Regular zoa- 1$ per polyp

Regular palys - 1.50$ per polyp

"Fancy Zoa/Palys" - I don't know how common these will be but I am just going to say 5$ per polyp.

LPS-

Frogspawn- 7$ per head

Hammer- 7$ per head

Duncans - 5$ per head

Open Brains - 15$?

Acans- 7$ per head

Favia- 7$ per 1 inch square

Chalice 10$ per one inch square

Leathers/softies-

Mushrooms - 2$ per polyp

Ricordea 5$ per polyp

Yumas- 10$ per polyp

GSP- 5$ per one inch square

Kenya trees- 2$ per frag

Xenia- 2$ per frag

Other leathers- General but 5$ per frag

SPS- If anyone goes into this

Montis- 5$ per frag

Other inverts-

Feather dusters (not hitchhikers)- 5$

Live Rock-

Regardless- 3$ per pound

Macro Algae-

Cheato- 0$

Other- 3$

Hitchhiker- No price of course...

unlimited budget.. now theres and idea. Let people go crazy on there tank with 500 dollar lighting systems and expensive corals.... then just judge on certain specific aspects like, "most natural".. then the guy who just threw down five grand on corals to have them smashed against the glass loses anyway with no constellation prize

Short Answer: No.

Long Answer: Having a budget makes this organized, gives everyone a lot more level playing field. People with 2 grand to spend on their tank *usually* win, just because they can fill it with colorful coral. This makes it fair IMO.

Damsels R Cool
Zoa-

Regular zoa- 1$ per polyp

Regular palys - 1.50$ per polyp

"Fancy Zoa/Palys" - I don't know how common these will be but I am just going to say 5$ per polyp.

LPS-

Frogspawn- 7$ per head

Hammer- 7$ per head

Duncans - 5$ per head

Open Brains - 15$?

Acans- 7$ per head

Favia- 7$ per 1 inch square

Chalice 10$ per one inch square

Leathers/softies-

Mushrooms - 2$ per polyp

Ricordea 5$ per polyp

Yumas- 10$ per polyp

GSP- 5$ per one inch square

Kenya trees- 2$ per frag

Xenia- 2$ per frag

Other leathers- General but 5$ per frag

SPS- If anyone goes into this

Montis- 5$ per frag

Other inverts-

Feather dusters (not hitchhikers)- 5$

Live Rock-

Regardlss 4$ per pound

Base Rock-

Regardless $2 per pound

Macro Algae-

Cheato- 0$

Other- 3$

Hitchhiker- No price of course...

So stand price is not included, right? I would imagine that if I diy a hood for some lights then the parts will need to be included in the total.

Ok I've been reading this one and since I am about to start up a new Nano.....................

Count me in on this one --- only thing I ask is that you clearly state the rules regarding Hardware and livestock and pricing before this starts.

You seem to have a set price list on the livestock now we need to come up with some clearly defined set of rules for the hardware. Whats acceptable and whats not --- and pricing etc...

Either way -- I'll conform to whatever so count me in

Charles & Hawke

P.S. I could probably come up with a good book or two as consolation prizes. Will come up with something before the contest officially begins

Pisces get in on this. I have seen your tanks. Pisces has some skills boys and girls :P

Wow, thanks man. I'm still about 75% in, gotta crunch some numbers and I'm working over a couple concepts. I'm running 4 tanks as is and im poor! I'm a sucker for nano's though so I'll prolly jump in.

No the stand price would not be included.

Cool welcome! And yes we will be (I will lol) starting a thread with a list of the all the rules, prices etc. It will also have a list and links to all the competitors tanks. I will start it up a few days before the competition actually starts.

Wow, thanks man. I'm still about 75% in, gotta crunch some numbers and I'm working over a couple concepts. I'm running 4 tanks as is and im poor! I'm a sucker for nano's though so I'll prolly jump in.

You might be poor but you got a beautiful wife or girlfriend. ;)

is there any max to the size ur HOB can be ? like a HOB fuge etc...? i might be in if it starts in a few months not ready now. also can it be any shape/material as long as it is ten gallons?? also i think you should have different levels of acans sps etc... some acans are 5.00 a head while some are 100 + ;)

Ok was looking through my equipment -- they stated 1 HOB any size (of course the larger the less money in budget for other equipment/corals etc......

I looked through my stuff --- as for a prize for the contest ---- I am willing to give up on a .........

Book of Coral Propagation --- Anthony Calfo --- Volume one, Version 1.0

This is the original book he published in softbound/binder addition but ...................

It's a signed edition as such:

To Charles,

& Saving our reefs by growing our own!

Anthony

10-11-03

FiRsT-aNd-LaSt

I'm 50/50, I just want to see all the "Official" rules together first and a "Official" start date that everyone agrees on.

Neato! I am surprised you are offering that up but congrats!

Not a problem. I have a decent reef aquarium book collection and I am into more coral identification books rather then into coral propagation books. Just trying to make the contest more interesting the best way I can --- I will ship it as needed for free once the contest is over and the contest mod's let me know who won it and where to ship it. The rest is up to you all B)

Now I need to price out my extra equipment to see what I am going to use for this contest (best equipment for the cheapest online price I can find)

Charles

FiRsT-aNd-LaSt

Almost forget I have a concern, this whole LR $3 a lb, how are we going to know exactly how many pounds someone has, all LR varies, some are very light while some very heavy yet can look the same size?

Archived