SaltCritters.com

New Unoffical 10 Gallon contest coming up

Damsels R Cool

Damsels R Cool

so i was throwing the idea of a build the best 10 gallon under $300 and i was think a start time some time in december or january allerady have some great prizes lined up like a $50 gift card from morgan of reef gardens and some other ones but i at least want 10 people would anyone be intrested

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damsels R Cool
im in

is it going to be aga?

or custom

what ever you want as long as the tank's total volume is 10 gallons

sounds good? (still in the planning phase)

so how do these contest work? can you not start till a certain date or just not add water or??

and how long do you have to do your reefing magic? and then i asume members vote for the best.

Good luck. Learn from ours -_-

EXCELLENT advice.

I suggest you read a bunch of the 12" Cube Contest thread and decide whether you really want to take that on.

Damsels R Cool
so how do these contest work? can you not start till a certain date or just not add water or??

and how long do you have to do your reefing magic? and then i asume members vote for the best.

yes exactly you could get all your equiment but no water in the tank till a specifed date then i'm thinking 6 months then voting

but reamber you have $300 (sounds Fair?) to build it

yes exactly you could get all your equiment but no water in the tank till a specifed date then i'm thinking 6 months then voting

but reamber you have $300 (sounds Fair?) to build it

That sounds like what we did with this contest:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t=0&start=0

We found that the $300 budget was used up pretty quickly, and some creative budgeting was necessary.

EXCELLENT advice.

I suggest you read a bunch of the 12" Cube Contest thread and decide whether you really want to take that on.

a big +1,000,000,000,000 read the closed 12" contest thread not the new one or both ;)

Clown Fish 39

well it would be hard to keep in that budget but it be fun having to be creative with budgeting:)

i would think if you were careful you keep the hardware under 100- 150 and have the rest for livestock.

you should definitely have a standardized price list established before the contest so you could avoid the headache that the 12" inch contest had.

i think it could be very fun:)

yea so far

10g aga tank- $12

1/4 acyrilic-$20

ordering tmro

18" t5 ho 40w- $50

maxi jet 600- $16

jager 50w heater- $21

corallife thermometer- $9

hardware=$130

prob will be difficult to keep under 300. :mellow:

Clown Fish 39

i just read over Weetabix7's contest and the rules all seem very planned out and it would be easy to maintain a contest with easy to follow rules:)

if we basically followed around the same guidelines as the other contest,i think it would be very smooth and fun:)

definitiley go for it, im in :D

Archived