SaltCritters.com

New Unoffical 10 Gallon contest coming up

Damsels R Cool

i was wondering if anyone has experience with fishneedit fixtures?

i was thinking about getting the 2 foot 4 bulb fixture.

any suggestions?

the 4 bulb fixture isnt out yet there still making them. -_-

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whoops just noticed it now:-P

when are they expected to come out?

no one really knows.lol alot of people are waiting for them tho. theyve said there almost ready for a long time so i wouldnt count on it being anytime soon

$300 is a good cap on this. Its just a 10g. I already have my stuff planned out, with tank, rock, lighting (-bulbs, not sure on that yet) I only have $65 max spent.

A year is a long time for a contest and $500 is way too much. For that much I'll have a brand new AC jr on mine B)

Personally I'll only be building mine for the contest and for something fun to try out. Not for the long term.

Im in. But yes i would like to know the details before i commit

ya i'd be in i just want to see official details

just noticed unofficial is spelt wrong in the title

Damsels R Cool

well if we get 5 people we would be starting in november following the first 10 gallon contest with a little twist which i would post later

Damsels R Cool

ok here it is

let me know if any thing needs to be changed

2009-2010 Nano Contest

categories

-Best 10g over all

Prizes awarded for:

- Best 10g Prize ($50 gift card to reef gardens)

Trying to get sponsors for a 2nd and 3rd place to but is no go for now

RULES:

Spending limits:

-10g AGA= $300 USD

Not covered in budget

-building supplies (eggcrate, stand/canopy materials, plumbing)

-water and salt for water changes

-food

-supplements

GENERAL GUIDELINES:

-All used equipment utilized in contest will be deducted from your budget at 75% of the lowest advertised price from the cheapest place you find it (a link must be provided).

For equipment purchased online, only deduct the actual price of the equipment from the budget, don't deduct shipping costs.

-All live stock can come from anywhere, sponsors, LFS, whatever. If you use something from a current tank, you deduct 75% of its fair market value.

If you purchase livestock online, you deduct the actual price paid for the livestock from the budget, but don't count shipping costs.

-You can mod all you want as long as you keep your total volume at 10 gallons and deduct costs from your budget.

-Budget is done on the honor system since we all know what its all worth.

In short, you've got 6 months to make a sweet tank on a limited budget. Lighting fixtures, tank, filters, skimmers, rock and livestock all count towards budget, so manage wisely.

Because this isn't an official N-R.com contest, I can't post this in the Special Events Forum with sub-forums for each tank, so here's what we'll do.

Everyone who wants to enter post on here and post a pic of your tank with something in it (teddy bear, soda can, LR, whatever),

On the 1st and 15th of every month, post a FTS of your tank on this thread.

Anyone not meeting this deadline will be disqualified after the 3rd time. When we reach the end of the contest, I will start a thread showing all of the tanks and their specs, with an attached poll for all of N-R to vote on the winners.

The winners will receive a gift certificate to the reef gardener.

On a final note, the goal of this contest is to HAVE FUN and just see how many creative ideas we can all come up with and inspire each other with.

We've done the best we can, but the fact is that not everyone will be happy with the contest rules as we've established them. If you don't think that you can participate under the established guidelines, then your time and $$ is probably best spent on a tank that you truly will enjoy and keep in the long run.

We want to keep this a positive and enjoyable experience for everyone

GENERAL GUIDELINES:

-All used equipment utilized in contest will be deducted from your budget at 75% of the lowest advertised price from the cheapest place you find it (a link must be provided).

For equipment purchased online, only deduct the actual price of the equipment from the budget, don't deduct shipping costs.

-All live stock can come from anywhere, sponsors, LFS, whatever. If you use something from a current tank, you deduct 75% of its fair market value.

-Budget is done on the honor system since we all know what its all worth.

I HIGHLY advise against this, you're going to have constant pricing issues and it's going to end up just like the 12" contest. I suggest putting together a standard pricing list.

Just my $.02

Clown Fish 39

sounds great but i agree with lajz, definitly make a standard list, i suggest the 12' contests list because everything seems fair

so do you want me to post a picture of the tank right now or when it starts?

Damsels R Cool
sounds great but i agree with lajz, definitly make a standard list, i suggest the 12' contests list because everything seems fair

ok we'll use the pricing list from the 12"

but if an item is recived for free or from your own tank it's 75% of list price?

and yes you would need to post pics when the contest starts with an item

since i would pick i dont think it would be fair so my tank has to have my pick and Clown fish 39 pick or someone other than me pick to be fair

k perfect

im a little confused about the taking picture with item in tank. do i do that now or later?

Once everyone is ready to go the mod should pick a random unknown object for everyone to put in their tanks and post a pic to ensure nobody starts prior to the object being known.

Damsels R Cool
Once everyone is ready to go the mod should pick a random unknown object for everyone to put in their tanks and post a pic to ensure nobody starts prior to the object being known.

are there any mod willng to do this

Archived