Pod Your Reef

New Unoffical 10 Gallon contest coming up

Damsels R Cool

Damsels R Cool
ok gotcha

any info on start date?

i was hoping late nov

rule #1 to reefing is to research and take it slow ;)

mid november sound good?

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damsels R Cool

ok november 15th it is

another thing i wanted to add is any item to clean the glass is not included in the budget (magfloat..ect)

Sorry I don't wander into the competition threads that often only once I think. So just make sure they follow the rules? Then when they don't I get the coral hahaha just kidding.

I don't want in on the contest but would be happy to give any advise I can. I would even throw in a nice frag or 2 for 2nd or 3rd place for you guys.

Damsels R Cool
I don't want in on the contest but would be happy to give any advise I can. I would even throw in a nice frag or 2 for 2nd or 3rd place for you guys.

lol ok thats cool :)

ok here it is

let me know if any thing needs to be changed

2009-2010 Nano Contest

categories

-Best 10g over all

Prizes awarded for:

- Best 10g Prize ($50 gift card to reef gardens)

Trying to get sponsors for a 2nd and 3rd place to but is no go for now

RULES:

Spending limits:

-10g AGA= $300 USD

Not covered in budget

-building supplies (eggcrate, stand/canopy materials, plumbing)

-water and salt for water changes

-food

-supplements

GENERAL GUIDELINES:

-All used equipment utilized in contest will be deducted from your budget at 75% of the lowest advertised price from the cheapest place you find it (a link must be provided).

For equipment purchased online, only deduct the actual price of the equipment from the budget, don't deduct shipping costs.

-All live stock can come from anywhere, sponsors, LFS, whatever. If you use something from a current tank, you deduct 75% of its fair market value.

If you purchase livestock online, you deduct the actual price paid for the livestock from the budget, but don't count shipping costs.

-You can mod all you want as long as you keep your total volume at 10 gallons and deduct costs from your budget.

-Budget is done on the honor system since we all know what its all worth.

In short, you've got 6 months to make a sweet tank on a limited budget. Lighting fixtures, tank, filters, skimmers, rock and livestock all count towards budget, so manage wisely.

Because this isn't an official N-R.com contest, I can't post this in the Special Events Forum with sub-forums for each tank, so here's what we'll do.

Everyone who wants to enter post on here and post a pic of your tank with something in it (teddy bear, soda can, LR, whatever),

On the 1st and 15th of every month, post a FTS of your tank on this thread.

Anyone not meeting this deadline will be disqualified after the 3rd time. When we reach the end of the contest, I will start a thread showing all of the tanks and their specs, with an attached poll for all of N-R to vote on the winners.

The winners will receive a gift certificate to the reef gardener.

On a final note, the goal of this contest is to HAVE FUN and just see how many creative ideas we can all come up with and inspire each other with.

We've done the best we can, but the fact is that not everyone will be happy with the contest rules as we've established them. If you don't think that you can participate under the established guidelines, then your time and $$ is probably best spent on a tank that you truly will enjoy and keep in the long run.

We want to keep this a positive and enjoyable experience for everyone

Once everyone is ready to go the mod should pick a random unknown object for everyone to put in their tanks and post a pic to ensure nobody starts prior to the object being known.

So enforce and provide these basically?

So put a couple frags down from me as a prize. I am not telling what I am giving but it will be nice. I will follow along. Just have fun and don't turn the contest into a fighting match :D

Yes you just in force the rules and say when full tanks need to be posted etc. Your the boss they come to you with questions or concerns. I really like this group because some seem new and are really into it. I always like helping people as much as I can.

no offense, but this exact same contest has already been done. if you guys change it up a bit, i may be interested in participating. do something like a 3g for $300 contest. that could get interesting.

Yes you just in force the rules and say when full tanks need to be posted etc. Your the boss they come to you with questions or concerns. I really like this group because some seem new and are really into it. I always like helping people as much as I can.

Ok sure, I'll do it. I am on here every day so I should be able to help haha.

You should have

1st place 2nd and 3rd place and best aqua scape. So you got prizes for 1st,2nd and best aqua scape you need a 3rd place prize and thats it.

Cant wait to get this thing started! sounds like everything is coming along smoothly.

just need to get my supplies together and spend some money :bling:

hisrylfreshness2

damn wish i would have seen this earlier. i just started my 10g and would've probably partaken just for the fun of it haha. but i will be following along on this, interested in what some of the tanks are gonna look like. good luck to everybody!

Clown Fish 39

your the man Jacobnano!

jeez im just about ready:

already had the tank

already had the aquaclear70

nova extreme 24X2 t5 HO: just ordered

already had koralia 1

15 lbs of base rock from reef cleaners: just ordered

also i have a question

say we already have the equipment, do we still take off the original price or 75% of the original price?

Archived