Top Shelf Aquatics

Konolua - Volcano Tank

konolua

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats!!! i wish i was that skilled!!! i couldnt do this if i tried 300 years.

Just wondering what kind of crabs are in there?

I totally hate you, because this is THE BEST TANK EVER! Srsly.

Don't hate...LOVE!

Seriously, thank you though.

Don't hate...LOVE!

Seriously, thank you though.

I just dismantled my tank, and I caught the reefing bug again a little sooner than expected because of your thread! :lol: Also, I love that the volcano creates almost tide pools in the rocks. I wish I was miniature and could live there. :happy:

I just dismantled my tank, and I caught the reefing bug again a little sooner than expected because of your thread! :lol: Also, I love that the volcano creates almost tide pools in the rocks. I wish I was miniature and could live there. :happy:

Me too! Though, that would mean there would be massive crabs of enormous proportion, and that would be a bit freaky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g1fr5vk72M

Giant Enemy Crabs attack their weak-points for massive damage

That was hilarious!

Giant crab, enemy crab, giant crab, enemy crab

Attack its weak point for massive damage, massive crab, massive damage, massive crab.

Awesome.

Congrats!!! i wish i was that skilled!!! i couldnt do this if i tried 300 years.

Just wondering what kind of crabs are in there?

Pachygrapsus crassipes. California shore crabs. They are awesome. I was expecting a very aggressive and non reef safe crab. I was wrong. No massive damage. :)

i took two days to look over this thread and am really amazed! it really helps with motivation to doing something creative (not in the same way of course :) ). i love the coloring from your choice of fish and corals

definitely worthy of all the praise the tank has gotten (all 20 pages of it lol)

It DID make a magazine...in the UK of all places! Practical Fish Keeping magazine

4b9e1fc32532f.jpg

Holy cow. Awesome! When was that?

Congrats on the mag write-up ! you DEFIANTLY deserve it.

you're gonna have to put some warning signs in the sand around that carpet nem... if we don't hear from you for a week or so we'll know you fell in during feeding time !!!

Holy cow. Awesome! When was that?

It is the April issue. The photographs and etc., were done a couple weeks ago but I didn't post until I was certain it was gonna make the big time. I was waiting for something solid and the cover was a "solid" indication to me! It started on sale on the 18th or so....

OClownsandNanos

How awesome, congratulations! Did you get any free copies from the mag? If I were you I'd keep one in mint condition and another for your coffee table . . . B)

How awesome, congratulations! Did you get any free copies from the mag? If I were you I'd keep one in mint condition and another for your coffee table . . . B)

I asked for 4 for those reasons specifically, and 2 more for backups!

NirvanaandTool

Wow. That is simply an amazing tank. So unique and beautiful.

I spent the better part of the morning reading the whole thread. Loved seeing the great progression from start til now.

Every part of the tank is great: the crabs, clowns and nem, tangs, volcano, coral selection, etc. Truly deserves all this thread's praise and more!

Congrats on the magazine feature too!

Subscribed for future updates!

Wow. That is simply an amazing tank. So unique and beautiful.

I spent the better part of the morning reading the whole thread. Loved seeing the great progression from start til now.

Every part of the tank is great: the crabs, clowns and nem, tangs, volcano, coral selection, etc. Truly deserves all this thread's praise and more!

Congrats on the magazine feature too!

Subscribed for future updates!

thanks! I appreciate the kind words. I am going to try and get a video up within the next few days too!

thanks again!

Archived