Pod Your Reef

Konolua - Volcano Tank

konolua

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How is humidity in the room?

Just fine. We air condition/heat the room to somewhere in the 70's usually anyway, so there is not a drastic difference in temperature.

Now, since the rock is constantly wet, I get a lot of evaporation....but it does not seem to effect humidity or whatnot.

Under the stand is a WHOLE different story. For some reason, the humidity is out of control under there even though it is the exact same set up as my previous (standard) reef tank. Odd. Fan fixed it, but still odd.

Man! I go to sleep and you post new pics... Guys I need to not sleep so much.

Great pics again - That new crab has some great color.

Yeah, that anemone is something else, huh?!

It's amazing. The whole tank is amazing... It should be featured in a magazine. Great concept.

It's amazing. The whole tank is amazing... It should be featured in a magazine. Great concept.

It DID make a magazine...in the UK of all places! Practical Fish Keeping magazine

4b9e1fc32532f.jpg

Did a water change today. Thought I would post a picture immediately after. I cleaned the sump which I normally do after 6 months. Makes the water cloudy! Personally, I love the look. Anyway, here is a full shot with the stand door off.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_0421.JPG

Did a water change today. Thought I would post a picture immediately after. I cleaned the sump which I normally do after 6 months. Makes the water cloudy! Personally, I love the look. Anyway, here is a full shot with the stand door off.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_0421.JPG

idk if anyone suggest this but have you consider a fog affect over the top of the mountain? or over the water? i think it be neat =]

Amphiprion1

Extremely cool tank and concept. One of my new personal favorites!

Edit: one of the water vapor foggers would be interesting to say the least, lol.

So, the egg-bearing crab finally released her eggs. Unfortunately, I was not quick enough with the camera for the mass explosion, but you can still see some in the water column as well as I got some shots of her cleaning out the sac....

It looked like I had tried to make my tank a protein skimmer and put a venturi valve on my return pump. I could not see the back of the tank at all. Every coral came out which was cool. The shots I took are about 3 minutes after the initial explosion.

Take a peek.

IMG_0427.JPG

IMG_0429.JPG

IMG_0431.JPG

IMG_0436.JPG

IMG_0442.JPG

IMG_0445.JPG

IMG_0455.JPG

IMG_0457.JPG

By the way, I had not cleaned the outside of my tank yet, so that is why there is a ton of water marks and etc.....I am usually very particular about what is posted!

Thanks....

thats the sickest tank i have ever seen.

the volcano is dormant right? ;)

If it's not, I will have some serious problems.....

Still searching for the ultimate front tank shot. here are some that are kinda cool. The second one was awesome, but it was immedaitely after the water change so it was cloudy. Dang. Oh well.

Also, two pictures of the big crab eating. Also, am updating the blog on www.konolua.com/volcano now as well.

Thanks to EVERYONE! Also, in case you missed it, the Volcano Tank made the magazine Practical Fishkeeping! Pretty excited about that too...

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

Archived