Innovative Marine Aquariums

Konolua - Volcano Tank

konolua

Actually, the Sailfins are a bit more carnivorous than the Zebrasomas and mine is even more or a meat eater than normal. He will go after algae sheets (all kinds), but it seems more of interest. He devours the krill that I feed the anemone and crabs. In fact, he is the one that makes the crabs go out of the water to save their food! I do the spirulina flakes a lot as well and he eats those.

But, his staple foods are prime reef and krill.

Didn't expect that, huh? The purple tang is all about the algae sheets.

Sailfins rock. Do you have any aggression between the purple tang and the sailfin?

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simply incredible! This is my favotite tank. The best part about this tank is that you don't just focus on the livestock; every detail, down to the hanging light fixtures and tank stand was well thought out. The tank fits seamlessly into the room- no wires, chains, etc.

I also like that it's not too crowded. Personally, I really like seeing a lot of rock and sand and I feel claustrophobic when I see a tank jam packed full of corals.

The sophisticated "water shed" functionality is impressive too. This is indeed the total package.

Simply incredible! This is my favotite tank. The best part about this tank is that you don't just focus on the livestock; every detail, down to the hanging light fixtures and tank stand was well thought out. The tank fits seamlessly into the room- no wires, chains, etc.

I also like that it's not too crowded. Personally, I really like seeing a lot of rock and sand and I feel claustrophobic when I see a tank jam packed full of corals.

The sophisticated "water shed" functionality is impressive too. This is indeed the total package.

Well thanks! I spent a lot of time on the details so I am glad you like it! The whole package is always a focal point in my projects!

animalmaster6
Actually, the Sailfins are a bit more carnivorous than the Zebrasomas and mine is even more or a meat eater than normal. He will go after algae sheets (all kinds), but it seems more of interest. He devours the krill that I feed the anemone and crabs. In fact, he is the one that makes the crabs go out of the water to save their food! I do the spirulina flakes a lot as well and he eats those.

But, his staple foods are prime reef and krill.

Didn't expect that, huh? The purple tang is all about the algae sheets.

thanks man! This was really helpful!\

Merry Christmas!

• 2 weeks later...

Here is some current front tank shots for everyone! Welcome to the New Year and hope it is awesome for everyone.

******THERE ARE A TON OF PICTURES.....BANDWIDTH WAS NOT SPARED NOR CONSIDERED :) ******

Got a nice Zooanthid rock with multiple species and a nice Staghorn Acropora that was in a customer’s tank that needed to tear down.

The Carpet still tends to be the focal point of nearly everyone that sees the Volcano. And rightfully so!

Took shots from almost every single angle available.

IMG_9120.jpg

IMG_9168.jpg

IMG_9166.jpg

IMG_9155.jpg

IMG_9153.jpg

IMG_9152.jpg

IMG_9150.jpg

IMG_9141.jpg

IMG_9140.jpg

IMG_9132.jpg

IMG_9136.jpg

IMG_9123.jpg

IMG_9090.jpg

IMG_9082.jpg

IMG_9081.jpg

IMG_9020.jpg

This happens more often that you would think. Not cool. Found them in the kitchen, living room, even one outside. Stupid snails.

******NATURAL SUNLIGHT SHOTS*****

IMG_9014.jpg

IMG_9002.jpg

IMG_9001.jpg

IMG_9000.jpg

IMG_9019.jpg

IMG_9015.jpg

I was never actually sure about this. Does the volcano have lava and erupt? If not, I think it should :lol:

I tied that once, but my living room carpet melted, everything died, and I got in trouble by my wife. Not good. Took the boiling hot magma out and vowed not to do it again.

:)

Nemo Niblets

Wow! It looks great. Those tangs look like they're buds. Did you ever fix the problem with your crabs eating the nem?

This is one of the best tanks ive seen ever!

Thanks, man! I really appreciate a comment like that. Makes the fact that I spent my Saturday afternoon and now evening working on it!

Seriously....thank you for your awesome comment.

HernandezJ35

awesome nem really like your tank man...makes me wanna sell my tank, buy a plane ticket and just stare at ur tank Tank of the decade

Wow! It looks great. Those tangs look like they're buds. Did you ever fix the problem with your crabs eating the nem?

Actually, it was reverse....the anemone is eating the crabs! They seem to have left it alone.

All appears well....

FishOnTheBrainCoral

I salivate every time i see this amazing tank pop up on the recent hits by far my fav. im a loss for word

pismo_reefer

ya know what....

everytime i see new pics of this reef, I find myself moar impressed.

it's astounding the creativity you have put into this, and the life its created.

always a fascinating read.... thank you. :tips hat:

:happy:

Actually, it was reverse....the anemone is eating the crabs! They seem to have left it alone.

All appears well....

Do you think it's the clowns keeping the crabs away from the nem? I know a lot of clowns can be very territorial about their nems and will attack anything that gets close.

In a Booming Voice........ "You have made Boomba Hoo very happy with volcano! You have pleased the Gods!!"

boombahoohw3.jpg

Seriously though, I don't know how I missed this. I can see it was very thought out and put together.

My only concern is with kids, how do you keep them out of it. I can see where they would want to play witht the pretty fishies and the crabs!

I enjoyed the pics and the updates. You should be very proud, great job!!

Somehow I've missed this tank up until this point. I just read all 14 pages and now you owe me a cup of coffee because mine got cold while reading!

Really great tank, well thought out, well built, and the result is beautiful. I didn't see it mentioned earlier but I could have missed it... did you do anything to secure the rock structure together? I'd be worried about one of the volcano rocks falling and hitting the glass! :scarry:

Great build. When I die, I want to come back as a fish and live in your tank.

Archived