Coral Vue Hydros

Konolua - Volcano Tank

konolua

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you want a ric garden, check this out:

http://dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=39771

And I'm loving the idea about the SPS and sun corals/dendros. You should throw a rhizo in too :D

wow! thanks for the link. That guy knows what he is doing! That was very similiar to what I have in mind. I will most likely get onsey and twoseys rather than his idea of TONS.

Like all of us, the hardest part of this hobby is easily the waiting part. I just want to throw everything in NOW and have it grow in 2 days!!!!

wow! thanks for the link. That guy knows what he is doing! That was very similiar to what I have in mind. I will most likely get onsey and twoseys rather than his idea of TONS.

Like all of us, the hardest part of this hobby is easily the waiting part. I just want to throw everything in NOW and have it grow in 2 days!!!!

Hehe I know what you mean. Maybe just a couple frags :P

Couple more pictures....

IMG_8328.jpg

IMG_8329.jpg

I took these two with an old flash light to spot light the crab. I liked the yellow orange color of the bulb to give contrast to the rich green and "blueish" water reflecting from the halides.

IMG_8334.jpg

This was a crab eating squid.

IMG_8340.jpg

IMG_8358.jpg

This was taken tonight. I love when the crabs go in this little hole. They do alot as the rock absorbs some of the water and therefore is always wet. Crab heaven!

Wow...you really have an eye for aquascaping. The first tank was sweet, so is this one...really nice setup.

Thanks, you know the aquascaping part is always the most challenging part, to me at least...

Thanks, you know the aquascaping part is always the most challenging part, to me at least...

Great looking tank, very unique. Are the drip lines from the volcano the only return for water, or do you have a return buried under the rocks that helps with flow in your tank? I am just wondering about flow for the SPS corals you are planning.

Great looking tank, very unique. Are the drip lines from the volcano the only return for water, or do you have a return buried under the rocks that helps with flow in your tank? I am just wondering about flow for the SPS corals you are planning.

If you check out the photos, you'll see the returns coming from behind the 'volcano'.

100509%20-%2010.jpg

The Mad Reefer

OH MY THIS IS THE BEST TANK I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!

You have done an AMAZING job!!

However, I agree with some of the other people, an ultrasonic fogger would look even better. Just picture waves of fog falling down the volcano. I doubt anyone would be able to top that.

Great work and good luck!!

Konolua, I have to tell you I just joined Nano-Reef.com for the sole purpose of telling you how impressed I am by your ingenuity and execution, and artistic style. I am in love with this set-up man - very sweet! And in a hobby where it is fun and exciting just to copy what everyone else does, my hat is off to you for coming up with something that is so interesting and creative, and extremely beautiful at the same time!

I love every single thing you are doing with this tank. Simply wonderful!

Someone in my local reef club posted a link to your thread saying how cool it is, and I am so glad they did!

Konolua, I have to tell you I just joined Nano-Reef.com for the sole purpose of telling you how impressed I am by your ingenuity and execution, and artistic style. I am in love with this set-up man - very sweet! And in a hobby where it is fun and exciting just to copy what everyone else does, my hat is off to you for coming up with something that is so interesting and creative, and extremely beautiful at the same time!

I love every single thing you are doing with this tank. Simply wonderful!

Someone in my local reef club posted a link to your thread saying how cool it is, and I am so glad they did!

wow. Thanks! Really cool, and I really do appreciate the comments. Thanks so much!

What is the reef club that posted the link? I have been having fun reaching out to some of the different forums! It's been cool seeing so many awesome set ups!

Thanks again!

I tried to look at the video but it was just a white screen. Is it just me? What player are you using?

I formatted on a Mac and thought I did a good job of making it Windows compatible. I am uploading it to youTube and will embed it shortly. Stay tuned....

Okay. Embedded it via youTube.

Stinks...the quality I had it at before was great...this quality sucks. Oh well.

Hope you like it! (now that you can see it!)

Okay. Embedded it via youTube.

Stinks...the quality I had it at before was great...this quality sucks. Oh well.

Hope you like it! (now that you can see it!)

Great vid. If you upload a very high quality vid YouTube will make a HD version of it. That's what I did with my reef vid.

Great vid. If you upload a very high quality vid YouTube will make a HD version of it. That's what I did with my reef vid.

Oh! Okay. I will try that!

wow. Thanks! Really cool, and I really do appreciate the comments. Thanks so much!

What is the reef club that posted the link? I have been having fun reaching out to some of the different forums! It's been cool seeing so many awesome set ups!

Thanks again!

I posted a link on our local reef club forum Gainesville Reef Club and apparently Sara loved your tank so much she hopped on here. :D

Archived