Top Shelf Aquatics

PArIsHIlToN 5G PIcO tANk MiXEd REeF

parishilton

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply
your tank is gorgeous, i hope mine will look half as good in the coming months, what are the dimesions of your tank btw. :D

Thank you Rabb.D

It is 14" x 10" x 10".

Hey awesome tank. How does the angel do in that size tank? It looks pretty cool and im interested in getting one for my tank.

Thank you Benjamin. The angel is doing great. It was very small when I got it. It was less than an inch.

It almost twice the size now.

Thank you Benjamin. The angel is doing great. It was very small when I got it. It was less than an inch.

It almost twice the size now.

So you don't think 5 gallons is to small for them? I've always heard like 30 +

I'm justing asking so i know if it will be ok in my tank. Yours looks pretty happy.

people have advised against doing one in my 10 gallon reef. paris's tank is what inspired me to have one in my 10 but i eventually decided against it.

With common sense one can say that if you get it small, you can keep it in the 5 gal but it must be moved out to a bigger setup eventually to avoid stunting. Also you can imagine the angel being more content with a larger space to roam in, so tanks of more than 10 gals are recommended.

people have advised against doing one in my 10 gallon reef. paris's tank is what inspired me to have one in my 10 but i eventually decided against it.

With common sense one can say that if you get it small, you can keep it in the 5 gal but it must be moved out to a bigger setup eventually to avoid stunting. Also you can imagine the angel being more content with a larger space to roam in, so tanks of more than 10 gals are recommended.

Totally agree. I also think that they recommend 30+ gallon tank or higher because they are concerned about underwater pressure. The deeper the tank, the higher the underwater pressure.

Here are new additions I added to the tank. I think they are calcium suckers.

The size is very perfect about an inch or a little bit more. I thinking about dosing Kalk.

Not sure whether they will survive or not because these are the smallest clam I have ever seen.

Let's hope they will. The green one was added 3 weeks ago and the other two were 2 weeks ago.

dsc0295a.jpg

dsc0347a.jpg

dsc0367s.jpg

All your corals have such great colors.

Those are some sweet clams, I hope the tiny ones do well with you.

Thank you AM. I hope so.

is all this in your pico?

Yes they are. You can see in the FTS Below. The clams are on the bottom right.

dsc0318n.jpg

how do you keep your calcium high? DO you dose or have a reactor or something?

To tell you the truth, I do not really know. I have never tested. Weekly water change does the job I think.

BTW I change about 30% weekly. No dosing or reactor.:)

Fantastic update! Beautiful clams!

Thank you Mr. Microscope. Still cannot decide which pics to choose for your contest. -_-

Fantastic update! Beautiful clams! Where are they in your tank? May I request a top-down shot of the whole tank?

They are on the bottom right of the tank. You can see them in the FTS I posted earlier.

I will try to take the photo you requested. I'll try my best because it always gets the light reflection when I took the top-down shot ;) .

Make a full look down box :) hmmm that may look cool. That should help with the light reflection maybe.

Thanks for the tip. ;)

been dying to find a green clam like that around me for cheap. never going to happen though lol.

What amazing about clams is that the color is totally different when you look from different view.

When I look from the front view, the color is dark blue or violet but when I look from top view, the color is

green as you can see in the pic.

Holy smokes this tank is incredible. Love the clams.

Can't believe how small it really is!

Thank you d9hp. I could not believe it either when I first saw them at the LFS.

what brand of salt do you use?

I am using Oceanic mixed to 1.025

I used to use oceanic...i believe the kh and mg was too low so I switched to D&D salt. It's easier for me because it is pre-mixed at my LFS.

But I still need my KH to go higher and my mag I've been raising.

Hey parishilton, just wondering on how you join your chiller with pump. I purchase a chiller today (finally I get my credit) and the pump is huge and ugly looking. Is that any "tips" on hiding it?Or make it look better?

Archived