Top Shelf Aquatics

PArIsHIlToN 5G PIcO tANk MiXEd REeF

parishilton

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WOW! This tank is just AMAZING!

I want it, i got to have it! (well not yours, but something similar to it.)

Your pictures just blew me away!

Good job! B)

Thank you jensa.

If I can do it, anyone also can including you.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe I am viewing your thread for the first time. Well done! Your dedication and passion as a reef-keeper is evident.

I can't believe I am viewing your thread for the first time. Well done! Your dedication and passion as a reef-keeper is evident.

Thank you for your kind comment streetsong.

Just some update this month. There are few things added to the tank.

Neon green montipora confusa

dsc3275.jpg

dsc3349t.jpg

The color seem to be better. Do not know exactly whether becase of the new bulb or other reason.

dsc3272.jpg

My most favorite piece in the tank. New branches is coming. :D

dsc3377ad.jpg

wow, beautiful pieces! How many time do you do waterchange in a month? do you dose anything?

Thank you d'Espresso. Your tank is also one of the best tanks here. Sorry about you loss earlier though.

I do 30% water change weekly. And no, I do not dose anything. I only depend on water change to keep the parameter stable. Not sure whether it is stable or not. LOL

Love pico tanks! Everything is so much more personal when you only have a few gallons to work with.

Totally, it takes alot more effort and attention to maintain a tank this small when comparing to maintaining a bigger tank.

haha.. i would do the same but i am having problem trying not to burn out my sps with my LEDs system. Just in hoping someday i can get it to thrive and colorful like yours is turning out in your tank.

That last picture with the SPS is hella sick color. So hairy! lol

Well, looks like i am almost back to normal with my tank. Might upload my new FTS soon! It's crazy looking!

haha.. i would do the same but i am having problem trying not to burn out my sps with my LEDs system. Just in hoping someday i can get it to thrive and colorful like yours is turning out in your tank.

That last picture with the SPS is hella sick color. So hairy! lol

Well, looks like i am almost back to normal with my tank. Might upload my new FTS soon! It's crazy looking!

I am not dare to try out LED. Plus it is more expensive than what I paid for the MH fixture.

So the SPS you mentioned is a guy then. I am thinking about shaving. Haha

Looking forward to see your update.

I want your green rhodactis now..

The red ones keep multiplying but the green one do not. Do not know why. :o

There is only one since I start the tank.

I love that confusa.

That last pic is awesome B)

Thank you AM. I also love it. let's hope that I could keep its color like this forever HAHA. I am afraid that I might make it lose its color.

youre doing better than me, my red rhodactis hasnt done anything in 7 months either.

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you AM

I used MH 250w (BLV Bulb) supplemented by 18w slyvania coralstar. I do not really have experience about other types of light so I would recommend you to go with MH. Most people seem to think that zoas do not need that much light but IMO I think the other way around.

This is purely based on my own experience. I place the same kind of zoas in different position in my tank. They both came from the same mother colony. The one that were place higher in the tank ( only 2 inches away from the water line) seem to have better color.

wait wait wait... it's a 250 watt mh on a five gallon?! jesus!

wait wait wait... it's a 250 watt mh on a five gallon?! jesus!

No No No I thought you meant what I use for my 40g.

I am using MH 150w for my 5g.

Archived