ReefCleaners.org

PArIsHIlToN 5G PIcO tANk MiXEd REeF

parishilton

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not know why the polyp of the branch on the left is very long. A lot longer than the others

dsc0465s.jpg

Take a look in the front

dsc0371h.jpg

A little bit closer.

dsc045701.jpg

I don't understand why you can maintain your xenia and anthelia and look so splendid. In my country, no one sell xenia and anthelia, except the only one LFS near to my house. I tried several time on xenia, never survived in my tank. I'm trying the anthelia. I don't think they are healthy. Is that temperate problem?

Always looking awesome!

I like those rhodactis mushrooms.

Thank you AM.

That's a really healthy looking tank.

Beautiful shots

Thank you d9hp

nice! that one long SPS polyp is just fighting with the anthelia lol. they dont have to touch to sense eachother.

I think so because they sometimes touch each others.

I don't understand why you can maintain your xenia and anthelia and look so splendid. In my country, no one sell xenia and anthelia, except the only one LFS near to my house. I tried several time on xenia, never survived in my tank. I'm trying the anthelia. I don't think they are healthy. Is that temperate problem?

If you say the temperature is high, I would say that is the problem. Do you have a chiller? What is the temp you are running your tank at?

If you say the temperature is high, I would say that is the problem. Do you have a chiller? What is the temp you are running your tank at?

So far like what you said, the temperate swing around 78F to 85F, same like Bangkok. I'm saving my credit to buy Hailea 150A. 100A is out of stock and stop production in China due to low demand.

So far like what you said, the temperate swing around 78F to 85F, same like Bangkok. I'm saving my credit to buy Hailea 150A. 100A is out of stock and stop production in China due to low demand.

If I were you, I would use heater for now to keep the tank at 85F and avoid the temp swing.

Some one in bangkok could keep xenia at 85F. May be you could try that for now.

If I were you, I would use heater for now to keep the tank at 85F and avoid the temp swing.

Some one in bangkok could keep xenia at 85F. May be you could try that for now.

If someone can keep xenia with hot temperature, so this is not the problem. Maybe is the water quality!!!! You use RO/DI?

If someone can keep xenia with hot temperature, so this is not the problem. Maybe is the water quality!!!! You use RO/DI?

I still think that the problem is the temp swing. It also depends on where xenia comes from.

A frag would have more chance of surviving. As I said, I would use heater first and see what happen.

PS. I use RO/DI water.

xenia is hardy and im sure it doesnt care if its RO/DI or tap water as long as its the right salinity. if its not 90F then it shouldnt die.

I have had xenia die before in shipping transit. when it gets to me it just looks tiny, shriveled up and it slowly melts away. you must get a specimen that looks nice and alive.

xenia does not ship well if the heat pack is too close to it: it gets boiled. it also doesnt like getting crushed lol.

find a living xenia at your LFS or supplier, look at it first before you buy it and if its good start it out low in your tank.

Mr. Microscope
It is the same level as the water surface. Some tiny parts are even above the water line. HAHA CRAZY!

dsc0518s.jpg

Sorry to hear about your pompoms, but this is hilarious! Your pico keeps changing for the better.

What kinda filter are you Useing

I am using Hang on Filter Ehiem liberty 2042. I did not change anything inside the filter.

I am using it as purchased. Thinking about using Chemi pure elite.

Because I heard you guys talking about it so much. I am hesitating because I believe that if it is not broken,

do not fix it. :lol::D

BTW ,the sponge is replaced monthly and the carbon pad is replaced every 2 weeks.

dsc0520q.jpg

This shot is amazing! Love your tank! +1 to fts!

As requested. This is the latest FTS I took.

dsc0226mr.jpg

Archived