Pod Your Reef

PArIsHIlToN 5G PIcO tANk MiXEd REeF

parishilton

parishilton
Im new to this... how do you prevent a total chemical war with that many coral next to eachother? I thought they would all kill eachother?
yeah i noticed some in the bottom portion of your FTS :(

likely they were from one of your SPS frags? i may be wrong.

and yes how do you prevent all those corals from nuking eachother?

Of course they would nuke each other. You have to leave space between them. My SPS seem to touch each other but they are not except the monti and birdnest (they are not at first though). Xenia would not hurt my SPS. They touch each other all the time but nothing happen. My SPS are still growing. Xenia and Zoa as well, touching would not kill them but xenia will be growing on zoa and that is what would kill zoa. Because they can not open up.

that monti taking over the birdsnest is crazy cool,

maybe they will fuse and you'' get a birdsnest monti, like el fabs monti/milli

That would have been cool. :lol:

Love it!

Tank looks really good. It changed a lot!

Thank you AM

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply
parishilton

Just found old pics and want to share. This is what my bigger tank looked like a year ago before the damn chiller broken. After that, "BAM!" everything started to melt. SO SAD :( That was when I decided to set up the pico to cheer myself up. HAHA

I was very into Zoas at that time.

dsc0528copy.jpg

parishilton

Seriously, anyone here has a time machine so I can borrow?. Anyone?

dsc0415e.jpg

dsc0330j.jpg

FYI everything started out as tiny frags. Got me two years to have this look and it took me back to square one within a day T-T. :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Mr. Microscope

Wow. Really amazing! Especially since they all started as small frags. This is still a major accomplishment. Sorry about your loss though. What was/is your favorite zoa? Can you tell us more about the setup?

parishilton
Ya but it'll cost ya

:P

Really pretty tank.

Great job.

Thank you seldin

Wow. Really amazing! Especially since they all started as small frags. This is still a major accomplishment. Sorry about your loss though. What was/is your favorite zoa? Can you tell us more about the setup?

It is very hard to decide which one is my favorite. Let's say I like all of them equally. HEHE

My set up is very simple.

Display Tank 36x18x18 (around 40 gallons) sump is 25 gallons

the skimmer is reef octopus DNW200 at that time ( Now changed to Aqua Excel AE1500E)

Light is MH250 watt x 1 BLV 20000k + 1 18watt Actinic blue

Chiller is Hailea1000 (Now change to 0.75 hp titanium coil with 9000btu compressor)

wave maker is resun15000x1(change to Vortech mp40w

return pump is Atman107 5000L/H + Atman106 4000L/H

All the equipments are simple. No reactors or remover at all. Just refugium

Never add any supplement to the tank. Just do water change once every 10 days with Oceanic salt.

Holy Crap that's Stunning.

;)

Those pics are absolutely amazing !!!!

Thank you racechase

where do you buy all your zoas??

Most of them are frag from LFS here in Thailand. The rest are frag from local hobbyists.

Mr. Microscope
This is what I am talking about

dsc0837.jpg

dsc0561h.jpg

dsc0555.jpg

Cool! Can you give dates on those? Or approximate time line, like six months later etc.

Mr. Microscope

Holy S*&T! That growth is amazing! Well done. Can't wait to see what's in store next from parishilton. Thanks for sharing man.

parishilton
Holy S*&T! That growth is amazing! Well done. Can't wait to see what's in store next from parishilton. Thanks for sharing man.

That one is the fastest growing in the tank.

no fears, your pico is far superior

Thank you a lot :happy:

parishilton
You need to make a thread on the 40!!

+1 :happy:

Nah! The tank does not look that way anymore. It is a mess right now. I just want to share its peak time. HEHE

i'm gonna steal your 40 gal ok? in fact thats what my one month vacation is all about ;)

Sorry! As I said, it does not look like that anymore. HAHA

You will probably end up cleaning my tank instead. :lol:

Archived