Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

PArIsHIlToN 5G PIcO tANk MiXEd REeF

parishilton

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol those are Rhodactic shrooms. I have one of these in my pico too. though mine does not multiply lol. I think mine just wants to grow very large.

parishilton
W'oh! I missed these. What are they?

They are Superman Rhodactic shrooms.

lol those are Rhodactic shrooms. I have one of these in my pico too. though mine does not multiply lol. I think mine just wants to grow very large.

Thank you for answering for me Newman

Loving the corals!

How's the anemone shrimp?

It is doing fine. It is considered to be one of my CUC. It takes care of the left over pellets.

This is still easily one of my favorite tanks on NR. <3 your tank.

Thank you Zo0k365

parishilton
sorry about stealing your thunder :P

Do not worry. I have nothing to be stolen. :P

That birdsnest is awesome.. great tank!

Thank you systemtool

I have to ask paris, what water do you use? not the salt, but I'm asking about the water. I think that is what makes your tank so algae free, that your water has no nutrients in it...

I use distilled, but I kinda want to hear the source for paris's water :P

If its an RO/DI unit then its obviously superior to my bottled distilled water...

parishilton
you have a great tank! an inspiration to mine for sure!

Thank you Michaelangelo.

I have to ask paris, what water do you use? not the salt, but I'm asking about the water. I think that is what makes your tank so algae free, that your water has no nutrients in it...

I use RO/DI water for mixing salt and topping off. You tended to exaggerate HEHE. My tank is not algae free :P.

I try to clean the tank and take out nuisance algae as much as possible.

And I still believe that frequent water change is the key.

partyinyourhonor

your photos are unreal... what kind/brand of camera are you using... I have tried a point and click and a SLR and still can not get a good image...

I use RO/DI water for mixing salt and topping off. You tended to exaggerate HEHE. My tank is not algae free :P.

I try to clean the tank and take out nuisance algae as much as possible.

And I still believe that frequent water change is the key.

What source does this RO/DI water come from? your own unit, a pet store's or do you buy bottled? if bottled then what brand? (cuz I dont think Walgreens Distilled water is cutting it)

It does not look like you have neisance algae in there o_o

that purple filamentous algae looks very nice actually. all I ever get is red cyano, brown diatoms, bryopsis and now the newest addition is green bubble algae -_-

parishilton
your photos are unreal... what kind/brand of camera are you using... I have tried a point and click and a SLR and still can not get a good image...

I am using Nikon D60

What source does this RO/DI water come from? your own unit, a pet store's or do you buy bottled? if bottled then what brand? (cuz I dont think Walgreens Distilled water is cutting it)

It does not look like you have neisance algae in there o_o

that purple filamentous algae looks very nice actually. all I ever get is red cyano, brown diatoms, bryopsis and now the newest addition is green bubble algae -_-

I have my own RO/DI unit. You remind me that I have not change my filters for almost a year now HEHE.

I had experience cyano outbreak once. All I did was doing water change more frequently. Increase flow in the tank would also help.

nice

Thank you Damsels R Cool

I have my own RO/DI unit. You remind me that I have not change my filters for almost a year now HEHE.

I had experience cyano outbreak once. All I did was doing water change more frequently. Increase flow in the tank would also help.

whats funny is that my cyano is growing ONLY in the sports with most direct flow from my HOB filter... no where else. I would expect it to grow in the spots behind my rock scape where the flow is less, but no I have never seen the cyano leave the front of my tank...

The flow in my tank is already strong enough to bother my zoas, I do not think I can increase it anymore without causing problems for the sand in the tank and the corals...

So RO/DI water from a unit might be the answer? or more water changes. but if its my water thats causing the problem, then what is the point of those? is Distilled water really not pure enough for reef? I'm confused, cuz now I will need to find a source thats even purer ._.

parishilton

As you all know that our beloved hobby never goes smoothly.

Now I have experienced one more of obstacle. Somehow my rocks collapsed. I lost green birdnest, brown monti and 1 acro. I tried to make to same scape as before but could not so

here is new scape

dsc0080ia.jpg

dsc0084ox.jpg

Archived