ReefCleaners.org

PArIsHIlToN 5G PIcO tANk MiXEd REeF

parishilton

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply
parishilton
Hey paris,

How/what do you feed the bubble? Very nice BTW. The green ones are my favorite LPS.

No I have never fed the bubble anything.

parishilton
do you feed any of your coral anything?>

As I said many times, just the water change is all I am doing.

I do not mind if my corals grow slowly as long as it is healthy

You can see the growth rate. It is not that good compare to the others\\\' tank.

Look at my red cap for example

Here was on May last year.

DSC_0999.jpg

And now

DSC_1292.jpg

And lets compare to Elfab\\\'s 3g tank. He posted this on Jul 1 2008

cimg5467.jpg

Here on Jan 14 2010

pico011410.jpg

haha, sure it was a bet on your tank after all.

but Fabuloso changed his lighting there from the current fix to the LED fix...

parishilton
haha, sure it was a bet on your tank after all.

but Fabuloso changed his lighting there from the current fix to the LED fix...

Still, I think my light is already overkilled as I am using MH. Then I think light issue is off the table.

I am not saying that I am an expert or something. Keeping the tank without dosing or feeding. All I am saying is that I have never tested any parameters in this tank except salinity. The reason is that reliable test kits in Thailand is quite expensive. It is even more expensive than some of my corals, for example the green bubble. So I do not want to take any risk of overdosed the tank. And the reason I do not feed corals is that my tank do not have skimmer so the only way to export nutrient is WC which it might not be enough if I feed my tank.

I feed my pico and I do not use a skimmer...maybe I should stop feeding :(? A weekly 45% water change doesnt help as much as a skimmer?

I think it's cool that your are really taking care of this tank in the simplest of ways and are getting amazing growth!

I think your Xenia acts as a nutrient absorber for your tank and keeps the tank water clean! it acts like your chemi-pure I think LOL

parishilton
Watch out for the birdsnest, I have three now and they suck down alk like crazy. I'm losing 1 dkh a day.

Thank you for the warning. May be it is time for me to start testing and dosing my tank :).

parishilton
I feed my pico and I do not use a skimmer...maybe I should stop feeding :(? A weekly 45% water change doesnt help as much as a skimmer?

I think it's cool that your are really taking care of this tank in the simplest of ways and are getting amazing growth!

I think your Xenia acts as a nutrient absorber for your tank and keeps the tank water clean! it acts like your chemi-pure I think LOL

I do not know exactly. Everything I said is just my assumption. No testing, No dosing and No skimming, No feeding. HEHE :D

omg i love your tank so much! that xenia is growing like crazy!

do you have any problem with ur LPS or any other of your coral sting eachother? cuz everything seems so tightly packed! but then again maybe you designed it like that! :D when you w/c its RO/DI water right? or tap?

parishilton
I want your xenia! >=(

omg i love your tank so much! that xenia is growing like crazy!

do you have any problem with ur LPS or any other of your coral sting eachother? cuz everything seems so tightly packed! but then again maybe you designed it like that! :D when you w/c its RO/DI water right? or tap?

I want the tank! :P

Thank you guys. To answer ALNN questions, of course I am having problem of corals stinging each other. The worst one is between umbrella xenia and GB. GB also touches red monti from time to time.

For WC, I use RO/DI water.

Some night shots

DSC_1835.jpg

DSC_1853.jpg

parishilton

New Addition

I put it in 2 weeks ago. First I thought I would never see it again but lucky me, he made his home on the side of the tank against the glass and I can see it clearly.

This is the best shot I could take

DSC_2135.jpg

parishilton
Amazing tank and photographic skills. Are you using any other filtration/skimming? I see a return line in your photos.

Thank you for the compliment.

I am not using other filtration. Just the Hong on Eheim. The return line you saw is from chiller.

As you can see on the top left in the pic, there is a glass pipe connected to chiller feeding pump on the bottom left inside the tank.

Archived