Pod Your Reef

PArIsHIlToN 5G PIcO tANk MiXEd REeF

parishilton

It's amazing how well WC work for keeping reef tanks. My NC6 has been running for years with zero testing or dosing, just water changes.

Totally agree

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I meant to ask a while ago: how much salt do you mix per gallon for a 1.025 reading? the 1/2 cup per gallon like in the instructions?

Thank's a bunch if you can answer :)

Sorry I really don't know.

Actually I use the water that I mix for my big tank for WC.

I suggest you to follow the instruction as I think you will get very close result.

If not you can just add salt or water to adjust it to 1.025.

yes, the thing is the instructions also say that it's supposed to read 1.021 and that's the default salinity they give me...

So in reaction to the deficiency, It takes me approximately one week to keep mixing salt and distilled water until at the end I finally get around 1.024-1.025, just in time for the weekly water change lol...I wish I could figure out how much to add per gallon exactly, but I got way more trial and error to go through until I discover it...

That's why I asked if you salt is default at 1.025 from the mixing instructions. It would have made my life easier :P

yes, the thing is the instructions also say that it's supposed to read 1.021 and that's the default salinity they give me...

So in reaction to the deficiency, It takes me approximately one week to keep mixing salt and distilled water until at the end I finally get around 1.024-1.025, just in time for the weekly water change lol...I wish I could figure out how much to add per gallon exactly, but I got way more trial and error to go through until I discover it...

That's why I asked if you salt is default at 1.025 from the mixing instructions. It would have made my life easier :P

Im using RC and it says 1 cup per gallon. I mix up 5 gallons at time and need to put in just shy of 6 cups to get 1.024-1.025

WTF?! It doesn't say anything like that on mine...mine says 1/2 cup per gallon for 1.021

I TRIED 1 cup per gallon a while ago but got like 1.040 after having it mix for a few days x_x

These are IO RC we're talking about correct?

Mine also says half cup per one gallon.

I am not sure exactly. May be I am wrong. I suppose mine is around 4 cups of salt per 5-6 gallons of water to get 1.025.

Beautiful tank and SPS! i cant wait to start getting my SPS going.

Thank you. I love the acan in your tank.

I can't get enough of this tank. I'm attempting to avoid dosing on my tank, but having LEDs I'm afraid I will eventually have to start.

Let's just hope I can have as much success as you!

Love your tank as well. I am also interesting in LED but cannot afford. HAHA

How did I miss this tank! Thats it, I am buying a pico tomorow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am also a huge fan of nano tank now. You will love it.

Hi Paris,

Would like to know what pump you use for the chiller? I believe you are using resun-650 chiller right? Im thinking of getting a chiller too but dont know what pump to use...

parishilton
Hi Paris,

Would like to know what pump you use for the chiller? I believe you are using resun-650 chiller right? Im thinking of getting a chiller too but dont know what pump to use...

I am using Hailea 100a chiller and Eheim compact 600 for feeding chiller.

HC-100A-1-B.jpg

I am using Hailea 100a chiller and Eheim compact 600 for feeding chiller.

HC-100A-1-B.jpg

whats the length of the piping/tubing between the eheim compact and the chiller? does it have any turbulance effect? just curious...

parishilton
whats the length of the piping/tubing between the eheim compact and the chiller? does it have any turbulance effect? just curious...

3 feet for the inlet and 2 feet for the outlet .

I am not even running the Eheim at its full power. Just haft or something.

The Chiller takes only 2-3 minutes to refrigerate the tank and stop for 30 mins in the afternoon and over an hour at night. The chiller can be used for tanks up to 50 gallons but my tank is only 5 gallons.

lol @ $150 not being expensive. For chillers I agree they can get crazy but $150 is quite expensive for me :P

parishilton
lol @ $150 not being expensive. For chillers I agree they can get crazy but $150 is quite expensive for me :P

HAHA $150 is also expensive for me but I just compare to its original price which was double.

It took me a while to save some money to buy this one. Chiller is a must in my country as the temp is always above 86. It could save me a lot if I could just use heater or fan HEHE.

parishilton
ugh i wish they made a 110v chiller :(. DAMN US SIZING / WIRING!!

I think you better use what you can find in the US.

As you all know, this one is Chinese brand that the performance and the quality may not be reliable HEHE.

Archived