Pod Your Reef

PArIsHIlToN 5G PIcO tANk MiXEd REeF

parishilton

parishilton
Thanks!

No problem.

Hi,

Just noticed that your pompom crab is not in your list on your feature page. Do you not have it anymore?

Congratulations, by the way!

Am just starting my pico, and yours is very, very inspiring!

No, I do not have it anymore. It died months ago with no apparent reason. I could not even find its dead body.

And I am glad my tank inspire you.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

~Thank you for swinging by my thread a few days a go, if your interested theres now been some decent (and not so decent photos posted up over the 20th and 21st)

Luke

Simply gorgeous corals :o

photographs are simply amazing, and i love

DSC_2595.jpg

that sps, nice to see the blue tip coming through, i have one very similar, which im going to move into my pico, and i hope mine colours as nice.

could we please have a full tank shot pleassssssse =)

Also what camera set up do you use as well?

No problem.

No, I do not have it anymore. It died months ago with no apparent reason. I could not even find its dead body.

And I am glad my tank inspire you.

That's too bad, but am looking forward to your goby and pistol shrimp combo!

I was hoping to get a flaming prawn goby, but have only ever seen one in toronto, and the supplier has changed... but hoping for a panda goby, instead!

parishilton
Simply gorgeous corals :o

photographs are simply amazing, and i love

DSC_2595.jpg

that sps, nice to see the blue tip coming through, i have one very similar, which im going to move into my pico, and i hope mine colours as nice.

could we please have a full tank shot pleassssssse =)

Also what camera set up do you use as well?

:bowdown: Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

What type of camera and what lense do you have?

Thank you for the compliment and to answer both of you. I used nikon D60 with 18-55 kit len on every pics I took. Just cannot afford to buy other lens HEHE. I would love to try macro len but the price is way to expensive for me. So sad. T T

Actually my setting is pretty much auto. I used P mode, set ISO to the lowest possible and disable the flash. I try different WB settings and see which one gave me the actual color compare to what I saw. I also used tripod on some pics to avoid shaking and to get clear pics. Try to hold the camera as still as possible.

Almost all of my pics were processed using photoshop.

PS. do not count on me that much. I am also a newbie in photography.

WOW you take such awesome pictures!

Thank you mew

That's too bad, but am looking forward to your goby and pistol shrimp combo!

I was hoping to get a flaming prawn goby, but have only ever seen one in toronto, and the supplier has changed... but hoping for a panda goby, instead!

I myself still hoping as well but never know when will I get it. At first, I also had an eye for a flaming prawn goby but it is even harder to find here. So just have to be patient and keep waiting :(

animalmaster6
Thank you for the compliment and to answer both of you. I used nikon D60 with 18-55 kit len on every pics I took. Just cannot afford to buy other lens HEHE. I would love to try macro len but the price is way to expensive for me. So sad. T T

Actually my setting is pretty much auto. I used P mode, set ISO to the lowest possible and disable the flash. I try different WB settings and see which one gave me the actual color compare to what I saw. I also used tripod on some pics to avoid shaking and to get clear pics. Try to hold the camera as still as possible.

Almost all of my pics were processed using photoshop.

PS. do not count on me that much. I am also a newbie in photography.

Thanks!!!

I love your pics and I'm currently looking for a new camera and your pics are just so good!

You're tank is amazing ! I was drooling through all 17 pages of it, growth is pretty predominant for no dosing as well.

So from what I gathered you're running this filter:

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem.asp...1=Liberty%20200

Are you using just the stock filter pads/carbon ? Any fuge?

Your photos are also really good, I'm surprised you got such good detail with just the kit lens and not a macro.

SeaMonkeyz13

Beautiful tank man.I'm setting up a Picotope 3gallon soon. Congratz on the TOTM! Happy late Songkran BTW! hope you had a blast with waters fight. ;)

parishilton
Thanks!!!

I love your pics and I'm currently looking for a new camera and your pics are just so good!

My camera is quite old right now. May be you should check out the new models. :)

You're tank is amazing ! I was drooling through all 17 pages of it, growth is pretty predominant for no dosing as well.

So from what I gathered you're running this filter:

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem.asp...1=Liberty%20200

Are you using just the stock filter pads/carbon ? Any fuge?

Your photos are also really good, I'm surprised you got such good detail with just the kit lens and not a macro.

Thank you for the words and compliment. That is the exact filter I am using.

Inside is the same as in the pic below

2042_cartridges.jpg

I change the carbon pad every month. For those sponges, I have been using them since day one. Never change them. Just clean them once in a while.

parishilton
Beautiful tank man.I'm setting up a Picotope 3gallon soon. Congratz on the TOTM! Happy late Songkran BTW! hope you had a blast with waters fight. ;)

Thank you SeaMonkeyz13.

So you know about Songkran. Have you ever experienced the festival?

Water fight is not that much fun compare to seeing a lot of chicks in tight T-shirt or spaghetti strap got wet.

That was much more enjoyable. :haha: :haha:

the appertizer

91360409525_0.jpg

Paris when I see that Im looking at the tiny details, such as are there any green streaks on the sides of your filter output or is there any green microalgae film in tiny amounts where the water line would sit, is there any green patches among the corals or in the corners of the tank itself, I must say this is the cleanest nicest tank of this size I think Ive ever seen.

You know most people's filter slopes become at least a tiny algae slick even in the best of tanks over as long, yet I can see minor colorations like coralline pink hues on your surfaces to show they've really aged as one would suspect. How, in the hell, did you keep it so free of bad algae this whole time?? :)

and the fact you don't dose pH supporting ions at all only adds to your success in my opinion because its more natural.

SeaMonkeyz13

An the last one. I do not want to be banned

HAHAHA! YES I DO! Biggest water fight in the world and biggest wet t shirt contest....well not a contest but i love it! but its not all about water fight lol maybe next year i might be out there and join the water fight...ill mix my with some salt water lol. look like she got icy cold water poured on her :haha: :haha: .....well hope you don't get banned :P

Archived