parishilton

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply
parishilton
FTS?
+1

please :happy:?

I will take it later tonight. Waiting for the MH.

I like it!

Thanks AM

+1

I like it too :P

Thank you DönitzDK

Does your Bubble Coral sting anything?

I read it was an aggressive coral but it looks like it's smack dab in the middle of everything

parishilton
Does your Bubble Coral sting anything?

I read it was an aggressive coral but it looks like it's smack dab in the middle of everything

Yes it stings everything it touch. You should leave some space between it and the others.

At first, mine had some space but now it grows out a lot.

parishilton
Tank still looks incredible :happy:

How is the pistol shrimp and anemone shrimp?

Thank you AM. I have never seen the pistol shrimp again since it moved and the anemone shrimp is still doing great.

dsc0089o.jpg

dsc0090vl.jpg

brandon429

might pick out those little red algae sprouts right beside your SPS they are scaring me but your tank is in my top favorties list man its so balanced. I can imagine what that huge mass of xenia looks like, an alient head or a moving bowling ball, to me its the best coral to grow to that size. People who do not know reefs are more amazed by a ball of xenia moreso than any coral they could otherwise possibly be shown that's quotable lol

B

Undoubtledly, those algae fronds are the version I have somewhere on my hard drive I have a macro shot to match that one above. they are mega invasive potentially and have taken my reefs before

im sure it wrecks small picos faster than larger ones was just trying to save you headache, that plant is not friendly man but as clean as you keep your tanks it may never bloom...

might pick out those little red algae sprouts right beside your SPS they are scaring me but your tank is in my top favorties list man its so balanced. I can imagine what that huge mass of xenia looks like, an alient head or a moving bowling ball, to me its the best coral to grow to that size. People who do not know reefs are more amazed by a ball of xenia moreso than any coral they could otherwise possibly be shown that's quotable lol

B

Undoubtledly, those algae fronds are the version I have somewhere on my hard drive I have a macro shot to match that one above. they are mega invasive potentially and have taken my reefs before

im sure it wrecks small picos faster than larger ones was just trying to save you headache, that plant is not friendly man but as clean as you keep your tanks it may never bloom...

I agree about the red algae I had a small piece that I thought looked pretty in my 90 sps dominated tank. Within a few months it became very ugly and started irritated corals. I tried 5 massive turbo grazers and it was all gone within 2 weeks. I had to move the grazers to the patches once a day but they destroyed it.

In a pico the grazers wouldnt be practical so I would definantly recomend tweezing that algae out.

PolypHeads 2.5

animalmaster6

You'll see the pistol shrimp too. Once I didn't see one of mine for a month and a half.

What's your favorite SPS?

parishilton

B

Thank you Brandon. I agree with you about reactions of people who have never had any experience with reefs before. I am dealing with the red algae you refered right now. It is pain in the ass especially in pico tank. I cannot access by hand.

I agree about the red algae I had a small piece that I thought looked pretty in my 90 sps dominated tank. Within a few months it became very ugly and started irritated corals. I tried 5 massive turbo grazers and it was all gone within 2 weeks. I had to move the grazers to the patches once a day but they destroyed it.

In a pico the grazers wouldnt be practical so I would definantly recomend tweezing that algae out.

PolypHeads 2.5

Thank you PolypHead for your suggestion. That is exactly what I would do. TWEEZER :lol:

You'll see the pistol shrimp too. Once I didn't see one of mine for a month and a half.

What's your favorite SPS?

I hope so. I paid around $8 on him and the time I saw him is worth only $1 HAHA.

My favorite SPS would be Staghorn, Digitata, Millepora and .... Man! I love them all HEHE.

brandon429

brother shoot it with FIRE man the lighter blue jet flame is always what I spout but it freaking works! if you can drain the tank for a quick full water change and while its down go poke around among the rocks with a bernzomatic grill lighter from the grocery store I like to say...

Thanks polyp about the grazer option I didn't know. the benefit in me knowing that earlier would be those snails could go around possibly catching fronds to eat that I didn't see to zap. I thought nothing would touch this stuff, but that's cool you said these would I'll keep that in mind for future threads on the evil stuff.

parishilton
brother shoot it with FIRE man the lighter blue jet flame is always what I spout but it freaking works! if you can drain the tank for a quick full water change and while its down go poke around among the rocks with a bernzomatic grill lighter from the grocery store I like to say...

Thanks polyp about the grazer option I didn't know. the benefit in me knowing that earlier would be those snails could go around possibly catching fronds to eat that I didn't see to zap. I thought nothing would touch this stuff, but that's cool you said these would I'll keep that in mind for future threads on the evil stuff.

That is too much for me. I cannot do that without killing my SPS HAHA.

pics of anemone shrimp??

Here you go as request. These are the latest pics I took. He is hosting Xenia instead of anemone.

dsc2870f.jpg

dsc2865g.jpg

:D

parishilton
You'll see him ;)

I think yasha goby will help me finding it :D but the problem is when will I get YASHA HAHA!

parishilton

Time for June update.

Major change: Took out the GB and add more SPSs

Start with new one

dsc0319nw.jpg

One month a half growth

dsc0286e.jpg

Archived