SaltCritters.com

PArIsHIlToN 5G PIcO tANk MiXEd REeF

parishilton

thats more believable lol.

hows you algae doing? I remember i commented a while ago on how algae free the tank is and you said its not. does the algae seem to be overtaking anything, or is it being kept at bay by you picking it out?

also is that boxer crab still doing great?

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thats more believable lol.

hows you algae doing? I remember i commented a while ago on how algae free the tank is and you said its not. does the algae seem to be overtaking anything, or is it being kept at bay by you picking it out?

also is that boxer crab still doing great?

It is being kept by hand picking. So annoying. It keeps coming back again and again.

the boxer crab is still doing great but I noticed that its pom pom shrunk down.

I think the reason is that it never came out when the light is on. I only see it when the light is off.

It is winter right now in Thailand. Evaporation rate increases a lot so I decided to use ATO.

Controller unit (Thai Brand)

img0287pw.jpg

Aqua lifter Vacuum pump

img0288xf.jpg

Fresh water bucket

img0289j.jpg

Very nice. Your not afraid of a snail pushing up against it and holding it on?

Here is what I did

59727853.jpg

I leave some space between the back wall and the float switch, big enough so snails cannot reach the float switch from the back wall. (my snails are very tiny)

I might put another float switch just in case something goes wrong. I will also limit the amount of fresh water in the bucket to make sure that it will not overfill. ( the bucket I am using can hold only about 1/2 gallon of water)

i dont think he has snails :P

Ouch that is hurt. :P I have snails. (tiny abalones)

lol that's a LITTLE bit better.

Sorry my bad. :P

well i have never seen them how do you expect me to answer otherwise? please post a pic.

Just kidding. I totally understand. I hardly see them during the light on as well. :D

I am not sure how many I have. The biggest one I have ever seen is less than 1/2" in size.

BTW your zoa garden is amazing. It remind me of my bigger tank. Love the RB pic.

Nice. I put my switch inside a holder with holes in it. Nothing can get at it to hold it on. Been working over a year now with no issues. (except when I forget to fill the RO container) 1 Gallon lasts over a week.

I put my float sensors in those snail guards too. its just a little medicine container with holes on the sides top and bottom. keeps snails out and i guess lessens effects of waves.

Thanks paris! though it doesnt really compare to what you have in this tank in terms of zoas! BTW I did get some zoas finally that look kinda like those pink and grey skirt that you have in this tank (on the left)

are you sure you got abalones and not limpets or stomatellas? abalones i believe have a flatter shell with many holes in a row on top of the shell for water exchange.

Nice. I put my switch inside a holder with holes in it. Nothing can get at it to hold it on. Been working over a year now with no issues. (except when I forget to fill the RO container) 1 Gallon lasts over a week.

I put my float sensors in those snail guards too. its just a little medicine container with holes on the sides top and bottom. keeps snails out and i guess lessens effects of waves.

Thanks paris! though it doesnt really compare to what you have in this tank in terms of zoas! BTW I did get some zoas finally that look kinda like those pink and grey skirt that you have in this tank (on the left)

are you sure you got abalones and not limpets or stomatellas? abalones i believe have a flatter shell with many holes in a row on top of the shell for water exchange.

Thank you to both of you for your response. I will see what I can do about the snail guard.

I am pretty sure that they are abalone because I took a few of baby abalones from my bigger tank.

I will try to take a picture of them and have you take a look to make sure.

Your reef tank Very beautiful (s̄wyngām māk) :P like aways Paris. I like the new ATO setup it's awesome. How many gallon (liter) is that R.O. container? You might want to make a snail guard on the ATO switch so you won't have a flood in your room when snail get on its even your xenia lol. ;)

chokh dī!

P.S. i'm still learning p̣hās̄ʹā thai :P

edit : i guess someone beat me to the snail guard lol

Your reef tank Very beautiful (s̄wyngām māk) :P like aways Paris. I like the new ATO setup it's awesome. How many gallon (liter) is that R.O. container? You might want to make a snail guard on the ATO switch so you won't have a flood in your room when snail get on its even your xenia lol. ;)

chokh dī!

P.S. i'm still learning p̣hās̄ʹā thai :P

edit : i guess someone beat me to the snail guard lol

Thank you (khob khun krub) SeaMonkeyz13.

The RO container can hold 3 liters. Or around 0.8 gallon I guess.

I will update again if something comes up with the snail guard.

P.S. Nice to hear that you're learning Thai language. Are you planning on coming to Thailand?

• 2 weeks later...
I stay in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I'm planning to go to Bangkok next year! :happy:

You will have a great time here. This is what you must see in Bangkok. Mr.Chingchai's 1000 gal+ Tank

IMG_4782.jpg

IMG_4777.jpg

IMG_4770-1.jpg

Here is my email u4711560@hotmail.com. You can contact me when you are in BKK.

You can also visit our club (Siamreefclub) located in JJ market. There is a nice softie tank in our club.

http://www.siamreefclub.com/tank/2010_11/index.html

Nice ATO. Love the video.

Thank you Mr. Microscope

Update time. Look how aggressive Anthelia is. They took over and killed all of the pom pom xenia during the last two months.

dsc0383oh.jpg

And they start growing on the left side wall. I do not understand why do they need to go up this high.

It is the same level as the water surface. Some tiny parts are even above the water line. HAHA CRAZY!

dsc0518s.jpg

Archived