Innovative Marine Aquariums

PArIsHIlToN 5G PIcO tANk MiXEd REeF

parishilton

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What an awsome pico.

Thank you gulfsurfer101

Your orange rhodactis mushrooms are really reproducing well.

Yes they are. I would say it is too well. HAHA I took like five of them out already.

If you can see the one on the front wall which is the highest one, it already split into two today.

It has been only a week since I posted the FTS picture.

they sure have! although they're blocking my shots >_< I cant really see that even more amazing greenish rhodactis now.

I am planing on scraping them out of the front wall because I have something new for the tank. I will post

some pics of them later when they adapt to the tank better.

I also like the green rhodactis but now it is too big though. I wonder why it never split. :huh:

I just looked through the old pics. Just for fun and this is what I found.

I think it is pretty great growth rate for 10 months huh?

Taken in January.

dsc1378t.jpg

Taken last month

dsc0411.jpg

Beautiful shots! I certainly wish I could capture images as well as you do.

I think I've read in your post that you do not dose. Is that true? That growth is amazing for the tank! How often do you feed?

Very awesome.

those are some really nice growth shots! i love the birdsnest shots

Those are some pretty sweet growth pics!

This is an amazing capture!!!

dsc0465s.jpg

Thank you to you all. :)

Beautiful shots! I certainly wish I could capture images as well as you do.

I think I've read in your post that you do not dose. Is that true? That growth is amazing for the tank! How often do you feed?

Thank you PakRX8 It is true. The tank only depends on weekly water change.

I only feed the fish once or twice a day and nothing for corals.

he doesnt feed. only the fish probably.

Thank you for answering for me.

That's crazy growth for not feeding anything.

I am pretty happy with the growth as well.

lol I shoulkd probably stop doing that.

Btw get that anemone shot into a magazine asap.

No, keep doing it, so I know there is someone pays good attention to my tank :D HAHA

Thank you about your comment on the anemone pic.

paris itd be really helpful to me to get follow up on that little red sprig algae we talked about back in like April lol

remember it cropped up on top and you were considering ways to deal it, where is it, and what did you do!

This really is man the best 5 gallon tank worldwide because of the melding of simplicity without result. its so repeatable what you have described, nano reefers are really lucky to see it nice yob.

B

Fantastic anemone shot Paris.

Thank you animalmaster6

paris itd be really helpful to me to get follow up on that little red sprig algae we talked about back in like April lol

remember it cropped up on top and you were considering ways to deal it, where is it, and what did you do!

This really is man the best 5 gallon tank worldwide because of the melding of simplicity without result. its so repeatable what you have described, nano reefers are really lucky to see it nice yob.

B

Thank you for your kind compliment Brandon.

To be honest, they are not totally gone. You can see them in some of the latest pics I posted.

For example below the birdnest. What I have been doing is picking them out by hand during weekly WC

in order to control the amount of them. I would prefer the burning you suggested but as I told you,

it is impossible to take the rocks out and burn them without damaging SPS.

Hope that helps.

I really, really want to know what you use to take these shots. We've got a Canon Rebel XTi with a couple different lenses but I can NEVER capture an image as well as you do. Unbelievable dude. You sir, are full of WIN!

you have it picked so well I didn't notice!

May be not because you did not notice but I hid it from you guys. HAHA

I really, really want to know what you use to take these shots. We've got a Canon Rebel XTi with a couple different lenses but I can NEVER capture an image as well as you do. Unbelievable dude. You sir, are full of WIN!

I use Nikon D60 + 18-55 kit len + photoshop software :P

I would not say that I have a good photography skills. Photoshop does make my photos look a lot better

than they actually are.

agreed its all magazine print quality res, not any improvements in detail are needed. No touchup needed to sharpen or saturate

May be because I already did modify the photos. HAHA They are all photoshoped. I am not that good. :P

your conscience has been fully adjudicated we shall look past it considering thats what we all do lol

I thought it hadn't been saturation adjusted because all the other colors looked so real, when I do mine to saturate a centerpiece it always made the shadow part of the pic look wierd but then again what I have isnt photoshop or a pro software its only something like photosuite or something knock off

Archived