SaltCritters.com

PArIsHIlToN 5G PIcO tANk MiXEd REeF

parishilton

I lost my gold one because of the superman rhodactis mushroom. Its shell was covered by the damn shroom and cannot open for a week while I was on vacation.

dang...i will try to keep mine away from corals then, thanks for the warning.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply
parishilton
Man your tank and all your corals are looking great!

Thank you

dang...i will try to keep mine away from corals then, thanks for the warning.

How big is yours? Mine is very small. If it is big enough, it would not be a problem.

สวัสดี

สวัสดีครับ

This would probably be the first and only Thai letters I see in this forums. HAHA

does not compute

That means "Hello" in Thai letters. (Sa-Was-Dee)

parishilton
มันคำนวณในไทย

This one is very close and understandable but do not believe in Google that much when it comes to Thai-English or English-Thai translation. :lol: For more than 50% at a time, it will never give you the right meaning in Thai. Sometimes, it does not even make sense in Thai. HAHA

I think it should be มันแปลเป็นไทย

Drift Monkey

Awesome that you're reefing in Thailand...didn't know if anyone did it there, but it makes sense. I was supposed to visit Bangkok with my dad last year but the protests kept that from happening. :( Hope everything gets better there, I know there are border battles going on right now with Cambodia.

This one is very close and understandable but do not believe in Google that much when it comes to Thai-English or English-Thai translation. :lol: For more than 50% at a time, it will never give you the right meaning in Thai. Sometimes, it does not even make sense in Thai. HAHA

I think it should be มันแปลเป็นไทย

haha, I didn't really expect it to, just threw it out there. ;) ผมเวียตนาม

How big is yours? Mine is very small. If it is big enough, it would not be a problem.

My clam is a little bit over 3" when fully opened. how are yours?

parishilton
My clam is a little bit over 3" when fully opened. how are yours?

The green one is about 2" and the blue and the gold are only about an inch.

The green one is about 2" and the blue and the gold are only about an inch.

Any chance we could get a top down shot of your clams? I havent seen your gold one!

Very nice! I just recently bought a 2" maxima clam and he will not attach himself to anything. I crushed up some small pieces of LR to attach too. If i place him in the sand, he just shuffles around the tank. Did yours move around a lot?

parishilton
Very nice! I just recently bought a 2" maxima clam and he will not attach himself to anything. I crushed up some small pieces of LR to attach too. If i place him in the sand, he just shuffles around the tank. Did yours move around a lot?

Is it the one in your profile picture? It is very nice. Mine also moved around a lot when they were on the sand. Once they found their perfect spot, they stopped moving. Mine also attached on LR not sand.

Here is my gold maxima. they seem to have an affinity for rhodactis huh? lol

RSCN2893.jpg

Nice bristleworm in the background!

echopiece
Is it the one in your profile picture? It is very nice. Mine also moved around a lot when they were on the sand. Once they found their perfect spot, they stopped moving. Mine also attached on LR not sand.

No, the one in my profile was from my larger 34g tank. Here is my new clam in my 5.5g.

maximaclam.jpg

What is with everyone getting awesome green clams haha, wish mine was green again.

And yes that is a nice bristleworm, there are tons in that tank. Unfortunately the bubble algae is also there in random places =/ But I can take it out :P eventually...

parishilton
Here is my gold maxima. they seem to have an affinity for rhodactis huh? lol

RSCN2893.jpg

That is one hell of a clam. Very nice.

Nice bristleworm in the background!

That is huge.

Not to mention the bubble algae!

:D

Love your clams!

Whose clams were you referring to? HEHE

No, the one in my profile was from my larger 34g tank. Here is my new clam in my 5.5g.

maximaclam.jpg

This one is also nice. I wish I did not lose the gold one

What is with everyone getting awesome green clams haha, wish mine was green again.

And yes that is a nice bristleworm, there are tons in that tank. Unfortunately the bubble algae is also there in random places =/ But I can take it out :P eventually...

The one you have is coll already. I have never seen this color before. :)

yes its funky, its got green on the inside and golden brown with some blue/purple on the outside :lol:

Yours are much better though...and so is your camera!

• 2 weeks later...

Lies! Just saw the 3 others you have on YouTube! =p What ever happened to that awesome green bubble coral?

But seriously, this "first"/last video is VERY well done and I watched it 3 times. =) I've always loved the incredible photos you took. and even stole one for use on my desktop background.

By the way, since I stumbled onto this site about a month ago, EL Fab's guide and your amazing pico tank inspired me to start a 4g pico. I've had a 29g tank about 15 years ago. So I have some experience and know this would be challenging and fun!

I don't expect mine to ever look as great as yours, but if I get 1/2 way there, I'll be happy. =)

Phil

Archived