Top Shelf Aquatics

PArIsHIlToN 5G PIcO tANk MiXEd REeF

parishilton

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply
parishilton
Lies! Just saw the 3 others you have on YouTube! =p What ever happened to that awesome green bubble coral?

But seriously, this "first"/last video is VERY well done and I watched it 3 times. =) I've always loved the incredible photos you took. and even stole one for use on my desktop background.

By the way, since I stumbled onto this site about a month ago, EL Fab's guide and your amazing pico tank inspired me to start a 4g pico. I've had a 29g tank about 15 years ago. So I have some experience and know this would be challenging and fun!

I don't expect mine to ever look as great as yours, but if I get 1/2 way there, I'll be happy. =)

Phil

HAHA you're right. I should say the first official video then. The green bubble was too big so I had to take it out and sold.

I am so honor for using my photo as desktop background. Base on your experience, I bet you will definitely do it and your tank will look a lot better than mine.

Nice!

Thank you andrewquest

• 2 weeks later...

that looks like his acan colony :)

How long did it take to grow this big btw, and from what original purchase size (# polyps)?

Just great inspiration for all of us. Job well done.

I know you have answered this before, but out of laziness, could you give me your camera details again?

Thanks for all the awesome photos and video, just great stuff.

Dude, you take the sickest photos! Amazing! What type of camera and lens are you using again? You probably said it before lol... I might have to just go back and re-read everything for fun. =)

parishilton
img_3408.jpg

This tan/orange coral (is it an acan colony?) is amazing. Stunning!

Yes it is acan

that looks like his acan colony :)

How long did it take to grow this big btw, and from what original purchase size (# polyps)?

Thank you for answering it for me. Here was when I first got it.

dsc_0473.jpg

Just great inspiration for all of us. Job well done.

I know you have answered this before, but out of laziness, could you give me your camera details again?

Thanks for all the awesome photos and video, just great stuff.

Thank you. These last update photos were taken by Canon 7d with 15-85 kit len.

Before, I used nikon d60 with 18-55 kit len.

thumb up! :P

Thank you.

Dude, you take the sickest photos! Amazing! What type of camera and lens are you using again? You probably said it before lol... I might have to just go back and re-read everything for fun. =)

Thank you. These last update photos were taken by Canon 7d with 15-85 kit len.

Before, I used nikon d60 with 18-55 kit len.

Builder Anthony

Is the algae killing off the birdsnest?Im curious because i might want to try a frag of that soon but i have a encrusting green algae that seems to cover whatever i put in there.

Those are some serious cameras! One of these days, I'll have to move into the world of DSLRs. For now, my trusty Canon PowerShot SD800 IS with whopping 7.1 mega pix will do. hehe

edit: looks like i was wrong... i can't get any pics under just blue/actinic to show the green fluorescent colors! blah.

• 3 weeks later...
parishilton
Is the algae killing off the birdsnest?Im curious because i might want to try a frag of that soon but i have a encrusting green algae that seems to cover whatever i put in there.

The birdnest did not die because of the algae. It died because something went wrong with the tank earlier which I still don't know the cause. I don't think algae can kill corals. I think the algae will take over after corals die.

WOW great shots and beautiful corals! Your tank is amazing :)

Thank you yoshii.

Those are some serious cameras! One of these days, I'll have to move into the world of DSLRs. For now, my trusty Canon PowerShot SD800 IS with whopping 7.1 mega pix will do. hehe

edit: looks like i was wrong... i can't get any pics under just blue/actinic to show the green fluorescent colors! blah.

I still have to learn a lot. I think I did not use the camera to its full potential. There are a lot more techniques that I still have to learn. I think it is not the camera that produce good photos. It is the one behind it. I have seen many photos that were taken by point and shoot camera. They looked a lot better than mine.

• 4 weeks later...

*sniffs* Jealousy is so ugly. It's what's making me not like you. :P

Nah, j/k! :flower:

Awesome tank!

Archived