SaltCritters.com

PArIsHIlToN 5G PIcO tANk MiXEd REeF

parishilton

parishilton

I feel bored with this tank. Nothing new to excite me. HAHA. I still love this tank though. I only missed the the beginning part when you choose new livestocks for the tank. I have been planning on setting up a new tank since forever but never have time to start due to a load of works HAHA. I will definitely start up a build thread of my new tank when it happens.

img_6361.jpg

img_6478.jpg

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paris I hope you will not take down this tank. if you do its a travesty to nano reefing, its one of the longest running non dosed sps tanks around, its very important to run this thing until the very end so we can all learn vicariously from your experience and pictures.

this reef is going against a lot of the common rules we are told, if you ever take it down before it crashes (if that ever happens) we will be robbed of new scientific possibilities!

sucks that your passion for this tank is fading... sorry to say it does show. =( still, your tank was the best I've seen at it's peak and I still check your thread as a reference.

so maybe it is time to start a new tank.. maybe a bigger one?

parishilton
Paris I hope you will not take down this tank. if you do its a travesty to nano reefing, its one of the longest running non dosed sps tanks around, its very important to run this thing until the very end so we can all learn vicariously from your experience and pictures.

this reef is going against a lot of the common rules we are told, if you ever take it down before it crashes (if that ever happens) we will be robbed of new scientific possibilities!

sucks that your passion for this tank is fading... sorry to say it does show. =( still, your tank was the best I've seen at it's peak and I still check your thread as a reference.

so maybe it is time to start a new tank.. maybe a bigger one?

Sorry you guys. Don't take this the wrong way. I have no intention to take down this tank. I would never ever think about that. All I was saying is that it was more excited in the beginning part. I am still keeping maintenance routine strictly. Never skip weekly water change. It was my intention in the first place to keep this tank running as long as possible. I want to prove the phrase that simplicity is the best. I want people, especially newbies, to see that nano reef keeping can last in a long run and does not have to be complicate all the time.

Thank you a lot Philip27. I really appreciate that. The new tank will surely come and of course a bigger one. Do not worry, this tank will be running as long as possible. Let's hope that something unexpected will not get in the way. Fingers Crossed HEHE.

Now come to the real bad news. I have not seen my cherub for a couple of days now. I could not find its body neither inside nor outside the tank. T^T May be it is time to find new fish. :(

lookin good!!

Thank you jdl

parishilton
shame if its gone :(

a damsel should be a similarly shaped replacement fish if you like them?

It is actually gone. I could not see it anywhere. onion-emoticon-052.gifonion-emoticon-059.gif

Mr. Microscope

Sorry for your loss paris. That was an awesome fish. Also, it was probably an important part of your ecosystem's balance with bioload and nutrients for your corals. I hope you find a cool new replacement that makes the tank a little more entertaining for you. Good luck! Tank looks great as usual!

I can really appreciate the simplicity of this tank. 5g with SPS and no dosing - just a chiller and a HOB. Nicely done!

yep, the lighting is his great help + the regular changes.

how hard did they make sps sound ten years ago

Id call em liars but they didn't mean to lol they weren't advanced enough to know what they were talking about.

In another ten years, peeps w be laughing at us and what we dont kno

parishilton
nooooooo! RIP cherub :(

Thank you Newman

Really sorry to hear Paris :(

Thank you AM

Sorry for your loss paris. That was an awesome fish. Also, it was probably an important part of your ecosystem's balance with bioload and nutrients for your corals. I hope you find a cool new replacement that makes the tank a little more entertaining for you. Good luck! Tank looks great as usual!

Still can not find what fish to put in. -_-

I can really appreciate the simplicity of this tank. 5g with SPS and no dosing - just a chiller and a HOB. Nicely done!

Thank you myelin.

This tank is awesome! Just went through the whole thread... it's making me think I can keep sps.

Simplicity is the best HEHE

yep, the lighting is his great help + the regular changes.

how hard did they make sps sound ten years ago

Id call em liars but they didn't mean to lol they weren't advanced enough to know what they were talking about.

In another ten years, peeps w be laughing at us and what we dont kno

I think what make it even more easier to keep SPS now a day is fragging. In the past, we only had wild colonies. Could you imagine how many corals and how long it took us to realize that we have to keep corals under MH. HAHA :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I cleaned up the tank and made it less crowded.

mDj4M.jpg

PS. I lost the green clam as you can see in the FTS. It just died last week. I noticed that it moved from the rock to the sand bed and I saw many bristle worms or fire worms underneath. Then the clam started looking irritated and did not open fully as usual for the whole week. Are the worms the cause?

Archived