Innovative Marine Aquariums

Jacob's Temperate Tank. *ReefBuilders Mention!*

Jacobnano

Haha ok. I got check out how much money I have just because I am saving up for the Droid lol

Yea, I might get one who knows, they have these ones that are tiny, like palm size that I have found before.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i catch lil flounder all the time at florida. we go there every winter. i have always wanted one. maby a little one for my future sand flats tank :happy:

I should find out what they really are, it is more likely they are a type of skate (also delicious). either way one would be neat but my tank isn't sandy like they prefer so it probably isn't the right habitat.

Thanks! Yea they looking a lot better now.

I know I know. This winter, I am gonna be bringing back some awesome stuff hopefully :)

• 2 weeks later...

Found out I will going up to my cabin winter break! I hope I find a lumpsucker! Either way I will come back with something haha.

animalmaster6

Just wanted to say, I had no clue what a coldwater tank was till i saw ur thread. I immediatly fell in love with ur tank. It's awesome!!!!!

I really hope u get a Spiny Lumpsucker! I went to a public aquarium like 45 min away from my house and they had a few coldwater GIANT tanks. They had 2 lumpsuckers in one of them. THEY WERE 3 FEET LONG! They were Huge and really cool!

Thanks! Yea coldwater tanks are neat and not that common haha.

I do want to get a spiny lumpsucker they are amazing, but I think you may have seen a different fish becuase they are only a couple inches long haha.

animalmaster6
Thanks! Yea coldwater tanks are neat and not that common haha.

I do want to get a spiny lumpsucker they are amazing, but I think you may have seen a different fish becuase they are only a couple inches long haha.

I know the Spiny Lumpsucker is only a couple of inches. I saw a different type of lumpsucker. I wish they said wich type! It was really extremely cool! It stared me down for like 3 minutes!

NEED MORE PICS!!!!!!!!

BTW:When are u goin to ur cabin next? Do u think u have a good chance at a lumpsucker?

Haha neat, could it have been a lumpfish instead of a lumpsucker?

I would but it looks exactly the same haha. So the pics wouldn't be special at all.

Winter break. I have to check when that is exactly but I think around the end of this month. I dunno how high my chances are, they are pretty rare. I am not really getting my hopes up but hey if I find one that would be awesome!

dunno about where you are, but there is a super low tide here on new years eve. And it's only at, like, 9pm, so you can be back in time to see the ball drop!

Meh I saw the 2000 one the rest have been sort of a let down hahaha. I will have to check the tide charts, I know we are going up there either way and if the tide is high I can go to the docks and get stuff :)

animalmaster6
you and your stinking docks. :P

Hey jamie,

Your tank is awesome! I realy enjoy ur tanke! How is Jim? Also when are u goin to college? U have to give in ur tank right?

Hey Jacob,

How is that monster chiton?

Next year! Yeah, I'm going to be getting rid of everything this spring, while it's still cool enough to ship. Jim is good, he will be sent to dshnarw/arwndsh, all the heavy stuff I can't ship is going to Jacob. I'm hoping that that'll take care of everything, because my mom has had it with me shipping stuff all over the country. :scarry:

animalmaster6
Next year! Yeah, I'm going to be getting rid of everything this spring, while it's still cool enough to ship. Jim is good, he will be sent to dshnarw/arwndsh, all the heavy stuff I can't ship is going to Jacob. I'm hoping that that'll take care of everything, because my mom has had it with me shipping stuff all over the country. :scarry:

Ha! Glad Jim is doin good! O yeah... MORE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you and your stinking docks. :P

Haha yea, its neat. They are technically private but the owners and my family have been friends for like 4 generations haha.

Hey jamie,

Your tank is awesome! I realy enjoy ur tanke! How is Jim? Also when are u goin to college? U have to give in ur tank right?

Hey Jacob,

How is that monster chiton?

The chiton is awesome. I have always liked them since I was little. I think he is getting enough food because he eats any algae that is on the glass.

:flower::happydance:

cool creatures you got in there :)

Thanks, coldwater has always been interesting to me and with the help of the people on here I have been able to keep this tank!

Ha! Glad Jim is doin good! O yeah... MORE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea Jim is a neat fish. I would buuuuut no new stuff until winter. So pic updates are kinda pointless haha.

Archived