ReefCleaners.org

Jacob's Temperate Tank. *ReefBuilders Mention!*

Jacobnano

I figured thats what it was but the color is awesome. I want to get a grunt sculpin and a spiny lumpsucker but Steve said that basically any anemone will eat them, except the corynactis. I can live with only berries but I would really like to keep this one thats the problem...

Lumpsuckers are INSANE.

How much do they cost?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some pictures of the front would be nice.

Its not looking so hot right now. I mean I still like it but its basically empty, the die off was pretty bad.

Lumpsuckers are INSANE.

How much do they cost?

They are, so are grunt sculpins. The two fish I want. They both have to be caught, they aren't sold anywhere :)

Your tank is awesome! +1 Lumpsuckers are Insane!!!

Haha it used to look pretty awesome. I like my set-up a lot, I think it looks pretty sweet but my current live stock is pretty slim. Yes, lumpsuckers are awesome, just have to get my hands on one haha.

Well I guess its time to update. If you have read through the thread I have had some die off, that was a bummer but was gonna happen either way. As of now I have basically the though critters, I am starting to think I can't kill them. Anyway, a couple nems, some clams, a chiton and some snails are about it. I do plan on filling this tank on my next trip up and my dad says he will take me up to the our cabin once my tank is stabilized :)

Anyway, it doesn't look amazing but for some reason I am proud of it lol.

Messing with shutter speed for funsies

IMG_5543.jpg

IMG_5544.jpg

IMG_5549.jpg

IMG_5548.jpg

IMG_5546.jpg

IMG_5550.jpg

IMG_5547.jpg

IMG_5551.jpg

And yes, this is my 4,000 post.

• Like 1
Well I guess its time to update. If you have read through the thread I have had some die off, that was a bummer but was gonna happen either way. As of now I have basically the though critters, I am starting to think I can't kill them. Anyway, a couple nems, some clams, a chiton and some snails are about it. I do plan on filling this tank on my next trip up and my dad says he will take me up to the our cabin once my tank is stabilized :)

Anyway, it doesn't look amazing but for some reason I am proud of it lol.

And yes, this is my 4,000 post.

your number of posts is rapidly approaching your member number. I don't know whether to be impressed or disappointed. :P

Just a reminder, don't "fill" the tank, add a few more things, a couple nems, a couple dusters, maybe a fish. Even once your nitrite cycle is established, you have to be careful about adding too much at once. :)

when are you planning on going back to get more stuff?

Some time this summer. And I wasn't even planning on bringing back any fish, unless I find a lumpsucker or something. Haha I shouldn't have said fill, I mean add a little more. I am thinking a couple nems, some porcelain crabs and maybe a starfish. And if I find something weird like I always seem to, maybe that. If I get a fish at all it will be a green bull head :)

I don't know either haha, its slowed down a bit sine school started. I have like 5 hours every night, real bummer.

Edit: I might just pass on dusters period, just because their feeding is so specific.

Ya I do. But I think the algae would over take it if I grew some. If I did get a macro it would probably be some of the shore seaweed. I would really like some eel grass, it is protected so thats a no go. But if one does wash up on shore (they do occasionaly) I think I might snag it haha. We do have a huge eel grass preserve around our property, we protect it and work with UW on keeping it that way.

yay hes back. =P ok now we really need to start a lounge somewhere. wheres nanobuds?! lol.

Nice coldwater stuff man :D keep up the good works :P

Archived