Pod Your Reef

Jacob's Temperate Tank. *ReefBuilders Mention!*

Jacobnano

Current FTS:

8387049191_793b6f2ec0_o.jpg
From the Front by Jacob-Reef, on Flickr

Well I think it is about time for me to start a thread for my coldwater tank. Well the tank is a 15g glass, chilled by a via aqua chiller. I plan on keeping the temp around 55 or lower, and the stock will some from the Puget Sound, and later on a pair of Catalina gobies from the interwebz. I will be leaving on vacation to my cabin on Shaw Island and I will be bringing back goodies to fill this tank up. Rock and all (haha no 3 month cycle for me ;))

Anyway, here are some pics to start this thing off right.
P1000588.jpg
P1000589.jpg
P1000596.jpg
P1000597.jpg
P1000598.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres what the tank looks like in my room. I know everyone is jealous of my room :P

P1000600.jpg

All funded by me and my lawn mowing, heck yes.

Looks amazing bro!!! :o

Will be fun to watch. Even more so with stuff stocked from the area!!! B)

When I was young, we had a cabin on Blakely Island!!!

Keep mowin' dem lawns bro!!! :D

Thanks man!

Yea I have a ton of money during the summer but when "mowing season" season is over my only money comes from random jobs and my birthday/christmas. So I gotta make money now. Ya its gonna be sweeeet when I get it stocked. I am gonna sit out in the rowboat at night with a flashlight...waiting. The dogfish (sharks) are kinda creepy at night because it seems like every time I am up there one bumps my hand lol.

Oh and the reason I will be sitting out at night is because the lights attract little inverts and then the fish I want (Spiny Lumpsucker) comes over to munch on them, then I net them!

Edit: Really? Cool. Its really fun up in the sound isn't it?

Thanks man!

Haha I know, I love it. I think the best time to be in this hobby is when you are young. Basically all of my money goes into my tank.

My thread is washingtonians only haha.

Yup, fo sho.

Living here makes setting up a CW tank soo much easier.

Ya I saw your post on RF. Nice people you said. Is the person you sold it to a member on here also?

Yup, fo sho.

Living here makes setting up a CW tank soo much easier.

Ya I saw your post on RF. Nice people you said. Is the person you sold it to a member on here also?

Very nice folks!!! I don't think they are members here though.

Nice!!! you musta mowed alotta lawns :happy:

can't wait to see watcha catch!

Ya a lot of the stuff I will catch will be too big, but I am really hoping for the elusive spiny lumpsucker haha. Ya I mow a lot of lawns believe me.

Ah, what were there names David? Was the guy's name Michael?

Yep... "returnofsid", and "Madissons_Mommy"... Top notch folks!!! B)

Small world...

I am sure I am gonna run into someone from NR when I am at blue sierra lol. Hey David I am talking to Eric right now.

Yep... "returnofsid", and "Madissons_Mommy"... Top notch folks!!! B)

Yep cool peeps, his tanks are great i've gotten a few things from him. I want to go see his new 200 gallon soon.

Sorry Jacob your thread has been hijacked! j/k 15 gallon is an awesome size!

Oh and i had a cold water tank with puget sound animals about 17 years ago lol. It was a 2 gallon bowl, i had some hermits and some little fish that almost looked like a scooter blenny. I had it going for about a year or so with nothing but a sponge filter and air pump, no chiller, but back then i didn't know any better. I only knew enough to mix the instant ocean :D

Haha the little blenny looking thing was probably a bull head (sculpin kinda thing). And they can live in temps over 80 degrees. The tidepools they hang out in get sooo hot. I have been going up there and flipping over rocks since I was a year old, really fun.

Ehh its fine. I kinda hijacked davids thread lol. Time to get yours mwuhaha

David, Eric emailed you if you didn't know.

Haha the little blenny looking thing was probably a bull head (sculpin kinda thing). And they can live in temps over 80 degrees. The tidepools they hang out in get sooo hot. I have been going up there and flipping over rocks since I was a year old, really fun.

Ehh its fine. I kinda hijacked davids thread lol. Time to get yours mwuhaha

David, Eric emailed you if you didn't know.

I've abandoned my thread until my tank looks perfect :D. You are probably right on the bullhead, it's been soo long since i lived over there i forgot what the tidepool creatures looked like.

You should go back its really fun. And I revived your threads haha.

I noticed :P

I do miss Seattle sometimes, mostly the being close to the ocean, not so much the people and traffic :P

Ya I live in Yakima, a very crappy town. Seattle has too many people I agree. I am not a big fan of highly populated areas :)

Archived