SaltCritters.com

The Official All Solana Owner's Thread

d'Espresso

Yes, I'm referring to the InTank cup. Mine is 2nd hand, and says TNZV1, so I think it may not have had the solana in mind when it was constructed. BTW, I don't run the glass top. The problem isn't the height, it's the width.

Anyone have any thoughts on how much weight can be placed on top of the Solana? I'm getting ready to put my hood/light on and I'm a bit nervous about it.

The hood is 29 pounds and will be supported by the left and right sides of the tank.

My hood is pretty heavy has a MH fixture and a ballast on it, been fine for two years!

034.jpg

Could someone tell me if the stock skimmer air line is nearly impossible to get attached to the pump? I'm about to throw this thing out the window...

I have not had any problems with that. I just made sure that it was properly on the nipple and lowered it into the chamber while holding the air line and power cord....has been fine.

I have not had any problems with that. I just made sure that it was properly on the nipple and lowered it into the chamber while holding the air line and power cord....has been fine.

+1

I fixed the stock skimmer by trimming the line. The line had an imperfection in it that caused the internal diameter to be less than normal right at the section where it was cut.

That would cause a problem for sure. Glad to hear it's back in an operational state.

Hey guys, Im new to the hobby, and got a steal on a new solana 34g so I decided to use it for my first sw setup. I have a question.... I want to get a Tunze 9002 to replace the stock skimmer, but will i need to also get an ATO (I'm not using that crap 2 bottle system)??

Hey guys, Im new to the hobby, and got a steal on a new solana 34g so I decided to use it for my first sw setup. I have a question.... I want to get a Tunze 9002 to replace the stock skimmer, but will i need to also get an ATO (I'm not using that crap 2 bottle system)??

Get a Auto top off keeps the water stable ,the bottles are junk

What is everyone doing in the top tray of chamber 2? I took out the stock crap sponge thing and used Marineland Rite Size A filters in the top. I find that it needs to be changed at least weekly or it causes the water level in the display to rise. So, what's everyone else doing?

What is everyone doing in the top tray of chamber 2? I took out the stock crap sponge thing and used Marineland Rite Size A filters in the top. I find that it needs to be changed at least weekly or it causes the water level in the display to rise. So, what's everyone else doing?

weird your water level is rising. Aren't there two cut outs for overflow? I didn't have any clogging issues when I used them.

Does any have a picture of where and how they mounted their ato system int their solana? Do you mount it in the tank or one of the rear chambers?

I had my sensors in the 2nd chamber. I had a tunze osmolator. It'd be super easy now with the newer magnetic holder.

Does any have a picture of where and how they mounted their ato system int their solana? Do you mount it in the tank or one of the rear chambers?

I will try to snap a pic when I get home but mine is in the 3rd chamber (where the stock return pump sits).

weird your water level is rising. Aren't there two cut outs for overflow? I didn't have any clogging issues when I used them.

I'm not sure if that's the cause or if the media in the overflow is the cause of the water level rising. And yes, there are 2 cut outs that allow water to flow through. BTW, great idea on this, Med. I'm glad you shared. So far seems to be working well.

I have my ATO float in the 3rd chamber of the filter system. I lined the float up with the "ridge/lip" that the stock ATO bottles rested on and have my ATO water coming into the same chamber...

Which ATO do you have Med? I'm starting to lean towards the Tunze Osmolator.

sorry i missed this. I have the Tunze Osmolator. Used it with the 34 gallon and now with the 60. It works really well. The only thing I didn't like (well hated) was the bracket system it used to come with. Now with the magnetic holder, it's perfect.

I also second the tunze. Check a few pages back I already posted a pix of the tunze mounted in chamber 3 for another member

Edit: page 66 post 1313

Edited by jae4571