Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Official All Solana Owner's Thread

d'Espresso

Solana 34 "ATO" bottles - and I use the term loosely - WTF?? Has anybody figured out a mod that might make them actually function? :huh:

lol throw them out and get a ATO jk....im wondering the same thing

A local pal just told me about one he got from autotopoff.com - he like his

I got mine from autotopoff.com and have for over almost 2 years and still work like a charm!

Has anyone tried to T off their return to power a reactor. I'm still trying to set up my TLF reactor with my biopellets, but I'm having a heck of a time figuring out how to set it all up without having to change what I already have.

have you given this a try? i've considered doing this when i buy a new return pump.

since my BRS is mounted on my stand, the only problem i can imagine is not enough water pressure to get the water back into my tank. is my logic flawed? could buying a pump with a higher GPH rate help with this problem?

I'm testing a kludged-ATO-bottle fix - I removed the two caps with the small drip holes and just installed them as-is. When the level in the return-pump chamber drops below the neck of the bottles - ATO water can flow down. The desired tank level is just below that platform anyhow.

I may also try enlarging the holes in the screw-caps - we shall see ... :huh:

I'm testing a kludged-ATO-bottle fix - I removed the two caps with the small drip holes and just installed them as-is. When the level in the return-pump chamber drops below the neck of the bottles - ATO water can flow down. The desired tank level is just below that platform anyhow.

That's what i did just enlarged the holes. I have since just removed them as my skimmer needs a higher water level. and they were about useless anyways.. As i have 5 tanks i need to top them all off anyways so its just become a twice weekly activity for me

Trust me dude, come summer, you'll wish you had a "real" ATO. haha.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not at my tank right now, but I was wondering how easy it is to remove the stock pump for cleaning. Last time I was back there I was pulling on the hose, thinking it was tension fit over a standard nipple, but it didn't budge.

I'm not at my tank right now, but I was wondering how easy it is to remove the stock pump for cleaning. Last time I was back there I was pulling on the hose, thinking it was tension fit over a standard nipple, but it didn't budge.

Mine was pre-assembled, but I just looked at the manual.At the upper end of the return pump hose is the "return elbow" which looks like it's serrated to hold the tubing. This L-shaped elbow is inserted into the receptacle that routes thru the front wall of that chamber to the return "Y" in the display tank...

Hi all. I'm new to NANO-REEF but have been on my local MAS sites and RC for a few years. Been into SW and reefing since the mid 80's (minus a 10 year stone in law school and a few years after). I currently have a 95g mixed reef I am tearing down to reclaim real-estate (the wife) and I wanted an AIO for simplicity, so I bought the Solana since they look great and have a good price.

Just started the pump with about 20 pounds of LR out of my DT, a couple gallons of water from the DT, and some new sand. Hopefully it won't take long to cycle. I do have a couple of questions though:

1. Is anyone running their Solana with a profilux? I am keeping my profilux when I sell my 95g and have some questions where to mount things such as the ATO.

2. Does anyone think that 2 Tunze NANO stream 6055's would be too much flow?

and

3. Can anyone tell m where they mount their probes? I have a probe holder in my current sump, but I don't think it will work in my Solana.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Michael

Ok, no answers to my first questions yet, but I did figure out where to put the probes from some of the posts on here. Drill some larger holes in the ATO section, so all is good for that. Question 2, I am not even close to ready to div into, I guess it will be a t&e thing for me.

One thing that is really baffling me so far ( and I know the answer must be right in front of my nose) is the float switch for my ATO. It is hooked to the profilux, but is a fairly standard float switch. Does anyone have any pictures of where and how they mounted their float switches? I haven't run across that thread yet in my searches.

Any help would be appreciated!

Michael

I gotta to know how you made it this could be my snail solution!

I so want this also. My tear down tank is eurobraced and he only jumper I had was one of my clowns when he made it into the sump somehow.

Michael

Ok, no answers to my first questions yet, but I did figure out where to put the probes from some of the posts on here. Drill some larger holes in the ATO section, so all is good for that. Question 2, I am not even close to ready to div into, I guess it will be a t&e thing for me.

One thing that is really baffling me so far ( and I know the answer must be right in front of my nose) is the float switch for my ATO. It is hooked to the profilux, but is a fairly standard float switch. Does anyone have any pictures of where and how they mounted their float switches? I haven't run across that thread yet in my searches.

Any help would be appreciated!

Michael

like this? the middle picture

Cup%20Gallery(1).jpg

*edit: courtesy of inTank

Edited by j2me5ku
like this? the middle picture

Cup%20Gallery(1).jpg

*edit: courtesy of inTank

Thanks j2me5ku, that helps. I also noticed that the float will fit through the overflow bottle holes. Either way, I may be doing some kind of rigging.

Michael

lpsouth1978

I heard back from Current USA and this was thier response. Quote: "The glass on the bottom of the Solana is not tempered so it is possible to be drilled."

In my Solana, I have a MP10ES and a Tunze 6015. I am running the MP10ES on around 40%. Do you think if I crank the MP10ES up to 90 - 100%, I could eliminate the Tunze? I am swapping out the stock return pump with a MJ1200 next week. I just want to eliminate as much equipment in the tank viewing area as possible. I have the MP10ES on the right side of the tank but would like to place it on the chamber 3 wall.