inTank Media Baskets

Project100 - Rimless Bathtub -

Maeda

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all i have to say is wow....just wow..

such amazing DIY ideas for this tank and stand.

- i am stealing the pipe/overflow cover idea. ha

i am subscribing to this build to track its progress.

hopefully you get back into the swing of things with your work situation.

best of luck.

• 1 month later...

_1030986.jpg

_1030984.jpg

_1030990.jpg

I wet-sanded the whole damn thing with a block, and painted another thick coat with a brush, so hopefully in a couple days I can wet-sand the thing to a mirror finish.

I didn't forget about this build.I have been waiting for some updates.So since your back is this baby going into high gear now? :naughtydance:

I'll be doing all the cheap/free stuff ASAP, but anything that costs money will have to wait. I'm still jobless and my unemployment is up and my bills are starting to get scary...

OMG!

OMG!

I dont know if its been said but what did you use to paint the stand? Trying to find something good that will stand up to saltwater

I've used appliance epoxy in the past and it's held up reasonably well.. other options you will want to try would include..

Spar Varnish (used for waterproofing wood on boats)

Kerdi (waterproofing for bathrooms)

2 part Epoxy paint (very pricey but used for waterproofing food safe tanks)

_1030986.jpg

_1030984.jpg

_1030990.jpg

I wet-sanded the whole damn thing with a block, and painted another thick coat with a brush, so hopefully in a couple days I can wet-sand the thing to a mirror finish.

That is clean.

That is clean.

Thank you. :)

Now I need to make the doors... which i'm not so sure about.. This is the problem with computer models. Sometimes you forget to spec out your materials properly, and design things that don't exactly work in real life.

Now I have to make a 1/2" thick door that won't warp, and it has to be 6' long. Hmm.

phi delt reefer
Thank you. :)

Now I need to make the doors... which i'm not so sure about.. This is the problem with computer models. Sometimes you forget to spec out your materials properly, and design things that don't exactly work in real life.

Now I have to make a 1/2" thick door that won't warp, and it has to be 6' long. Hmm.

Frosted glass doors with beveled edges. Full panes - not those wooden frames with glass inserts. Put some super bright leds behind the frosted glass and you got a glowing base.. probably could get some multicoloured leds and have them hooked up to the RK so that if there is an issue your entire stand turns a certain color (ie. green - skimmer overflow, red - sump water low, blue - ph issue, etc.)

_1040003.jpg

I here-by name this baffle the OC baffle.

Left side is the fuge, right side is the filtersock/heater/skimmer/reactor/return area.

I modified the 40g light fixture that came with the tank into a short fuge light (probably fill it with overdriven T5s, or LEDs?) and siliconed in the left baffle and return sock/bubble trap area.

I diy'd myself a laguna pond pump stand, ala reddragon, and I also shortened the wires on a flood alarm buzzer so it fits better inside the stand.

Gettin' closer...

_1040003.jpg

What is that thing in the bottom right corner? It looks like a top down view of a clear plastic disposable cup, like the kind you get for iced coffees.

:ninja:

What is that thing in the bottom right corner? It looks like a top down view of a clear plastic disposable cup, like the kind you get for iced coffees.

:ninja:

comline-9010.000.gif

It's my temporary skimmer, until my tank is loaded up and I finish building my DIY skimmer or buy something.

Archived