Cultivated Reef

Project100 - Rimless Bathtub -

Maeda

This is an awesome build! You've got some amazing DIY skills, man. The stand design is pretty unique and clean-looking. I'll be following along--good luck with your job search!

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

_1040038.jpg

What's this?

_1040048.jpg

My favorite thing about this hobby.

_1040052.jpg

Yes. The tank meets the stand. Finally.

-------

I did a bunch more work but didn't take any photos so we'll be skipping ahead. Sorry.

_1040103.jpg

I am starting to plan a 8ft rimless tank build soon. one of the sweet things about the location of it the build in the house is that directly next to the tank is where there used to be a sink. So i have hot and cold water and a drain pipe.

your pluming next to the stand i think just inspired a sink hidden next to the tank in the stand!

thanks!

i can see you are an ikea household too .. lol

Simply amazing start. Cannot wait to see this thing stocked!

ME TOO. I've had it fully stocked about this time last year before everything went horribly wrong.

_1040111.jpg

Excuse the lens distortion please. I had to use my uber-wide to get everything in frame. I'm still cleaning up things, and working on the details, but its all up and running now, more or less.

Things I still need to do..

RKE Net Module

Wire in a float switch

Fill the refugium with life

Clean up the rats nest of sensor wires

Build an ATO container

Build DOORs for the stand

_1040114.jpg

How much IKEA can you spot?

I'm currently saving my pennies so I can buy my Blu-Dot Sofa.

I like taking a break from nano-reef and coming back to things being well under way. This project was all in your head and the house was torn up when i was last here.

Everything is looking awesome!

i think you have a problem :P

i can't talk since we have just about as much ikea stuff as you do though B) even my stand for the fish tank is from ikea

i think you have a problem :P

i can't talk since we have just about as much ikea stuff as you do though B) even my stand for the fish tank is from ikea

Actually the only thing in the picture from IKEA is the couch. The other items include..

George Nelson Ball Clock

Eero Saarinen Arm Chairs

Eames Contract Base Coffee Table

Random Arc Lamp & Rug

..Oh and 100% of the kitchen from IKEA. :P

Beautiful. I love the way the tank sets in the room. I always love seeing other aquarium owners who take their builds as an art and put a lot of time into the design. Really pays off!

_1040114.jpg

How much IKEA can you spot?

I'm currently saving my pennies so I can buy my Blu-Dot Sofa.

might be easier to say what isnt ikea.. lol

same thing with my place :)

CIMG0003-1.jpg

this is the tank area of the livingroom.. (the day we filled the tank up in November) and we have a seperate TV area that is almost all ikea. minus a couple lamps from christmas tree shop..

all of our ikea is from craigslist.. i go to ikea and write down the names of what we want then search boston craigslist for the items... saves us Tons of money and we dont have to pay sales tax on used stuff :)

here is our diningroom (we mix ikea with furniture I've made too.. and art my wife does that fits the room.. sorta thrift-art-kea lol

69089_436961232454_617332454_5801520_795528_n.jpg

65698_436961227454_617332454_5801519_4705752_n.jpg

phi delt reefer
I, actually, only have one piece of ikea in the whole living room area, and that's getting replaced soon with..

swept_slate.jpg

you can build a skimmer, camera lens, dosing system, elephant rated tank stand, frame half your home, pimp your kitchen but you cant build that?!??!

COUGH*LAZY*BASTARD*COUGH :P

Jokes aside....how stable is one those things? or will you just use the tank stand to do your "Dirty" business now that its structural member of your home? LMAO :D

tank's looking good brother! I get mine sometime this week and pick up ati sunpower next week. Let the battle of the giant tank stands begin!

you can build a skimmer, camera lens, dosing system, elephant rated tank stand, frame half your home, pimp your kitchen but you cant build that?!??!

COUGH*LAZY*BASTARD*COUGH :P

Jokes aside....how stable is one those things? or will you just use the tank stand to do your "Dirty" business now that its structural member of your home? LMAO :D

tank's looking good brother! I get mine sometime this week and pick up ati sunpower next week. Let the battle of the giant tank stands begin!

I dunno, but I have a rug for more adventurous living. :D

Bastard. I need to get some kind of income so I can buy nice things instead of DIYing junk.

Bastard. I need to get some kind of income so I can buy nice things instead of DIYing junk.

i have the nice job. And believe me, once a DIY'er ALWAYS A DIY'er. Why spend hundreds of $$$$ to buy something; when it can be built with better quality, better looking & cheaper price tag?

i have the nice job. And believe me, once a DIY'er ALWAYS A DIY'er. Why spend hundreds of $$$$ to buy something; when it can be built with better quality, better looking & cheaper price tag?

It's a sickness. :mellow: Although, I would like to make enough to have somebody brush my teeth for me.

"After being in this hobby for a few years I experienced a ton of things, and only now think I understand what I really want in a tank."

project100hbeam.jpg

Wait... Where is the pretty girl I see in this planning picture????

Great Build!

Kevin

Archived