Coral Vue Hydros

Project100 - Rimless Bathtub -

Maeda

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

green-solatube-0307.jpg

I'll never give up.

The heater was putting out 80v of ac into my tank, but thankfully all the fishies survived and are happier then ever.

1 fathead anthias

1 apogon parvulus

5 apogon leptys

1 watanabe angel :D ( yes I got a new watanabe the other week)

a few corals made it and the tank seems to be doing better, but im not touching ANYTHING until I move and rebuild.

• 5 months later...

So, after waiting on a short-sale for almost a full year, g/f and I were able to close it in Jan 2010.

There was a bit of a scare closing, but we did it! :happy:

We had known long before we bought this house that it needed a LOT of work, but it was in a reallllly convenient area near downtown and the interest rates were killer, so we just sucked up and went for it.

It had suffered many remodels at the hands of really shady owners/contractors, but it was the only house we found that was salvageable, and in our budget.

We started the attack on the heavily textured walls, and popcorn ceiling, and then moved into the kitchen.

p1060645.jpg

It was a complete gut to the floor joists, 100% rewire, and we removed an exterior wall (all DIY of COURSE). Now that the kitchens almost done, our living room arrangement is sorted, and that I lost my job, it looks like i'm going to have lots of time to get back to business.

My poor fish friends don't look especially happy in their temporary 40BDR, so I finally started drawing up the detailed plans for the resurrection.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Get ready for Part Deux.

30c851c.jpg

2mcujgw.jpg

Here's a few prelim idea drawings about construction...

P1060807.jpg

P1060810.jpg

P1060805.jpg

So that's where my tanks going to sit.

P1060815.jpg

My new sump box/bench. It will probably hold a 75g sump/rodi/saltwater tank, and all my other junk.

Anybody ever goof with potable water safe, 2-part epoxy paint? I'm going to water proof this box, since I don't want any spilled water to leave this box and further destroy my floors.

grats on the new place. you're pretty good with DIY, so I'm sure your house is gonna be a real swanky joint. d^_^b

100 v2.0 should be great, i'll be watching.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm working on it.

I just spent last weekend cleaning the tank with a gallon of vinegar and a whole mess of razors, and now i'm back to working on the stand.

No pictures, but trust me... it's coming!

P1080087.jpg

Here's some plastic sheeting to protect the floor and wall in the likely event of a spill.

P1080091.jpg

Maneuvering this bugger in place..

P1080093.jpg

P1080099.jpg

Test fit success!

Now I just have to seal it all again, paint it, then build the other leg, and all the door panels, put magnets in the doors, then finish those, build the top, inlay the neoprene again, stick the tank on it, plumb it, run all the electrical, attach the RKE again, and build a new light... Yikes.

Archived