Project100 - Rimless Bathtub -

Maeda

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FTS pretty please!

Sorry, but you'll have to wait. I have a ton of corals unmounted right now. :\

*waves*

I like the Setosa and the semi-FTS (last shot).

TY! :D

Your alive!

Looks great. Whats happening with the brown corals?

I don't really know. I wanna say, its my light? Or maybe some latent phosphates? I'm not exactly sure yet. My tank IS less than a year old so, i'm just going to keep waiting.

On another topic...

THE AEFW ARE BACK AND THEY'RE ####ING EVERYWHERE!

We've done dips of everything, once last week, and once this week. I still found some eggs on 2 pieces, so.... -_- ITS WAR MUTHER####ERS!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LOOKIE AT WHAT I GOT THIS WEEK!

P1050409.jpg

P1050412.jpg

YAY!

. ####

I feel like such a noob. AEFW... DINOS... Just BLECH.

I realized I forgot to post a picture of this after I got it working.

P1050416.jpg

My 3 pump peri doser.

P1050413.jpg

Hopefully this will kill off those pesky dinos.

• 1 month later...

Your dosing setup (quality, build, styling) is just TOP NOTCH. Your DIY skills are second to none in my opinion....reminds me of Apple products; everything neat and tidy, right where you need it, clearly labeled, and with the right styling.

How did your bout with Dinos go?

Adam

FULL DISCLOSURE>

Somebody just reminded me to change my RO/DI filters, and I realized since putting them under sink and attaching them to a pressurized tank, and auto-filling container(for sw).. I HAVE NOT CHANGED MY FILTERS IN ONE YEAR.

So I changed my filters, DI resin, and threw more gfo in the tank, and the dinos dissapeared. Imagine that. XD

Dave: I lost another due to a powerhead. I also recieved, and then lost 2 glass cardinals.

Ich maybe? I'm still unsure at this point.

Divecj5: TY. :) *smug*

Matt: I've had ezco over a few times to try and help me, but all he does is eat my woman's cooking and lay on the couch.

-------------------------

In completely seperate but somewhat related news. This tank may very soon be going through major major major changes.

Although I feel like its premature to announce, but I maybe moving into my own home in the comming months and this tank is going to get a new stand, sump, and solar.

Right now all corals have been unglued, for more dipping and battling the aefw.

I thought I got them alllll but I found eggs again two weeks ago, so ive been dumping all my rocks in a 35g bucket with revive. very very very time consuming. times like this I wish i still had a nano.

Nano tank = nano rock

so yah... pretty much no fts for a while. It may even take until 2010... with all the other craziness i've been going through.

Funny how everyone that has a nano wants a big tank. Then when they get a big tank the want there nano back. So I guess when you upgrade you should hang on to the nano.LOL

Funny how everyone that has a nano wants a big tank. Then when they get a big tank the want there nano back. So I guess when you upgrade you should hang on to the nano.LOL

when you are dipping a 40 lb rock once a week for a month, after prepping 40g of dip for it, you will want your nano. trust me.

Matt: I've had ezco over a few times to try and help me, but all he does is eat my woman's cooking and lay on the couch.

haha, why am I not surprised?? :P:lol:

Wow, glad to hear they went away though!! Yeah, filters are some of the easiest components to neglect unfortunately, I'm guilty of that myself, but I always TDS my top-off water now every time I refill my 8g reservoir. I test the TDS of the nearly empty bucket (to make sure nothing from the plastic is leaching in) as well as test the inbound freshly made RO/DI to assure my filters and DI resin is squared up. I really need an inline TDS meter though...

• 1 month later...

BAD NEWS : Faulty heater more or less crashed this tank. I was able to save the fishies and a couple corlz.

GOOD NEWS: G/F and I are almost finished purchasing our new house, and plans for project100 v2.0 has commenced.

UGLY NEWS: 100g of grey water moving at almost 10000gph stinks up your house really quick.

BAD NEWS : Faulty heater more or less crashed this tank. I was able to save the fishies and a couple corlz.

GOOD NEWS: G/F and I are almost finished purchasing our new house, and plans for project100 v2.0 has commenced.

UGLY NEWS: 100g of grey water moving at almost 10000gph stinks up your house really quick.

Yay v2.0!

Glad we figured out what it was at least. -_-

Archived