Pod Your Reef

Project100 - Rimless Bathtub -

Maeda

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not my coral. :P

I'm babysitting it for a friend. I'll take some better pictures today. I can't seem to get my camera to take properly color balanced shots.

P1040856.jpg

Can you grasp how many corals I have now? -_-

P1040849.jpg

Another creature checked into the Maeda Project100 - day care center

P1040863.jpg

Everythings in there now. I still can't figure out wtf my camera is doing with the white balance now.

• 2 weeks later...

need sand. seriously though, this tank is awesommmeee, but it just needs some sand, it's like a staple to any big beautiful reef. Tell me it wouldn't look 10 times HAWTER with sand. It would. SAND

-Dave

• 3 weeks later...

This pic seems to have been lost. :mellow:

P1040868.jpg

So here it is again. DIP AND QT EVERYTHING FOLKS! AEFW are no joke.

Water change snaps.

P1040926.jpg

P1040923.jpg

High and dry?

P1040910.jpg

P1040908.jpg

Some of the ONLY non-SPS to make it into my tank.

P1040899.jpg

6 bulbs

P1040878.jpg

Obligatory FTS. Oldie but goodie.

Growth Comparison

Specimen: Cali Tort

P1010952.jpg

When I received the frag, a couple years ago.

CRW_7669.jpg

Before - March 28, 2009

P1040907.jpg

After - July 19, 2009

Wow. I've lurked on this thread a bit as it was coming together and I must say it really is a dreamtank. You're DIY stuff all looks amazing including, of course, the whole tank layout. Good work!

Hey so I snatched up a pair of a. parvulus from DD the second they showed up, I'm hoping to learn from your experience as well as hopefully add to what little is known about being able to keep these guys alive. Lots of large daily feedings right? Good thing I ultra-upgraded my skimmer.

So did you end up losing all of your cardinals? My LFS had a lone one in a tank and it lived for a looong time with no special feeding requirements.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh HEY GUYS!

Updates are going to be sparse until I can finish up my work, and house purchase (keep those fingers crossed). I'm sure to have some major news later on this year after all my messes get cleaned.

I still have

3 Parvulus

6 glass cardinals

We feed 2-3x daily. I'd say about 1/2 a cube of pe mysis total, plus some flake, reefroids, freeze dried cyclopeeze, and freeze dried mysis.

I believe the trick to the parvulus is to feed them a lot, and watch them eat very carefully. Make sure EVERY fish eats. The smallest one usually won't get to eat, and will die, until you up the feedings(size no frequency) enough to make sure everyones happy.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived