Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Project100 - Rimless Bathtub -

Maeda

Any updates? :):huh:

so far the whole going fishless thing was the best idea i ever had.

My sps are starting to turn pastel colored and are starting to bleach.

I've begun feeding fish food to the tank to dirty it up between waterchanges(now doing 10% monthly).

My phosphates and nitrates are zero on all the kits i have.. I have to try a hanna colorimeter next.

I'll post new fotos when my new lenses get here!

Your tank is ugly. You should deliver it to my house. I'll take care of it for you. ;)

If you pay for shipping sure! :D

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before

_1040862.jpg

P1020072.jpg

After

P1030239.jpg

--------------

CORLZ

P1030243.jpg

P1030230.jpg

P1030218.jpg

----------

My SPS are bleaching, possibly due to lack of nutrients. They're growing quick, but the colors are crappy.

Also.. I need some kind of macro lens. These pictures are awful. I've tried every which way to photograph things, but with my lenses I just can't seem to get close enough.

• 5 weeks later...

HARDWARE TIME!

P1030342.jpg

Oh hello. What do you connect to?

P1030339.jpg

Oh I see..

P1030330.jpg

I made a ~10 gallon container that is hooked up to my RO/DI unit in the kitchen. When I need water I just flip the blue valve and if I forget to turn it off.. the mechanical float serves as a fail safe.

It functions as a ATO container most of the time, but I also plumbed it to be my mixing bucket for water changes.

P1030333.jpg

There is a maxijet 1200 inside the container when it comes time for a water change. I add enough salt to a container (again roughly 10g), and then turn the maxijet on to mix the water.

I then open the drain below the tank and drain about 10g of water, and then turn a valve on the maxijet on to send the water to the sump. Then I switch the valve on the maxijet back, and then I just leave the RO/DI valve open to refill the container for top off.

*boom* Easy almost-automatic-bucket-free-siphon-optional, water-changes.

This setup officially makes this the easiest tank i've ever owned even though it's over 100g.

P1030335.jpg

All covered up..

P1030325.jpg

Full sump shot.. I still have a little more cleaning up to do, but it's getting there.

P1030356.jpg

Obligatory FTS.

There's still a million more things to complete..

-Finish the DIY beast skimmer

-Make the overflow box cover

-Extend the RKE wire to my server

-Buy another sicce voyager

-Run the wires cleaner

-Moonlights

-Run 6x T5HO instead of 4x

-Doors for the stand!!!

-Light lifter

-Filter sock holder

-Dosing pumps

This is the slowest build of all time.

Everything looks great maeda...sorry to heat about the sps. Whats your phosphates level like?

0 on the test kit. I have to get my hands on a better way of testing PO4.

I've heard from a few reputable sources that it's my lack of nitrate that is causing my bleaching, so i've been dosing fish food once a week. I think i'm going to up the dosage to a few times a week... or mabye i'll just turn my skimmer off... or you know.. add some fish.

Ive experienced similar issues when vodka dosing. The easiest remedy was for me too feed more and to run my skimmer "dry". That in turn increased nutrients and my sps bounced right back.

Ive experienced similar issues when vodka dosing. The easiest remedy was for me too feed more and to run my skimmer "dry". That in turn increased nutrients and my sps bounced right back.

:D

Will do.. hey didn't I start this hobby before you? ;)

• 4 weeks later...
phi delt reefer

you need to feed more...way more... your system is too clean. I had a similar thing happen and its actually a happening again.

lots of fish helps. Their poop is fish gold!

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

IMG_8146.jpg

Here fishy fishy.

IMG_8131.jpg

IMG_8148.jpg

I found both of my Jager's crapped out at some point, so now my tank is at 72 degrees.

New Jagers coming in the mail. XD

When I have a house, I'm going to have to come back in here and read up on how you plumbed the RODI to both your ATO reservoir AND your WC source.

Flipping switches to do a WC? Sounds like heaven.

• 5 months later...

I seriously can't catch the damn fish. They HATE the new lens.

I also can't seem to figure out how to use the 1:1. o.o help me lani

Hehe, my fishies won't stay still either and my lights aren't all that bright so my fish pics aren't that great. I need a remote flash trigger to flash them from above, but haven't gotten around to buying one.

And whatchoo mean you can't figure out how to use the 1:1? Just manually step the focus down all the way to the minimum distance!

Hehe, my fishies won't stay still either and my lights aren't all that bright so my fish pics aren't that great. I need a remote flash trigger to flash them from above, but haven't gotten around to buying one.

And whatchoo mean you can't figure out how to use the 1:1? Just manually step the focus down all the way to the minimum distance!

I have the newfangled olympus 60mm macro which is fly-by-wire(which is ALWAYS SUCKY). I kinda got it. If i a move the dial to 1:1 is rolls the focus in, and if i touch it, it goes back to not 1:1 portrait mode.

I do have remotes, flashies, and a trigger. Maybe I can try that. Just float the flash directly over the water?

I have the newfangled olympus 60mm macro which is fly-by-wire(which is ALWAYS SUCKY). I kinda got it. If i a move the dial to 1:1 is rolls the focus in, and if i touch it, it goes back to not 1:1 portrait mode.

I do have remotes, flashies, and a trigger. Maybe I can try that. Just float the flash directly over the water?

Ah, never heard of that kind of lens, sounds weird.

And ya, I've seen people sit the flash on top of the light fixture and hang the head over, pointing down at the water. Seemed to work really well, I just don't have the equipment to try it. Lemme know if you try it!

Archived