Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Project100 - Rimless Bathtub -

Maeda

Lookin' good. I hadn't seen this thread in a while and I was pleasantly surprised when it popped up again because I really needed something to do as I am becoming bored at work waiting for something.

I really liked the videos too. Interesting angles, and the music selection was hilarious!

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I lost my raccoon. :(

Not exactly sure why or how...

Up until today he was eating voraciously, swimming normal, and was active an healthy looking..

Tonight he was swimming lazily and breathing heavily, so we did a water change, and then he started laying on his side, and still breathing very heavy.

I stuck him in a bucket with 3 gallons of water and some melafix to try and calm him down, but he died within 15 minutes.

Still batting a 1000 here when it comes to keeping fish... :mellow:

Sorry about your loss. Could have been some type of internal parasite, possibly intestinal. Had four healthy lyretails and suddenly one started breathing heavily and wouldn't swim anymore. Died in a day.

With this nice setup, will you be upgrading your skimmer eventually? Or maybe I see a DIY in the future?

• 1 month later...

1040739.jpg

The bedroom is NEAAARLY finished, so back to working on the tank..

_1040855.jpg

_1040854.jpg

_1040845.jpg

_1040848.jpg

Please excuse my cyno.. somethings goofy with my tank

We have coral!

So I picked up my survivors from a buddies tank. They've been out of my possession for over a year...

_1040858.jpg

Undata + Setosa + random stuff

_1040862.jpg

Dr. Nick's Surf'N'Turf (?)

_1040863.jpg

Setosa!

THANKS SCRAPPY! YOU DA BEST.

• 3 months later...
ur back...now lets see those updates

Well lets see. I havn't done much.. I'm in the process of building..

the ATO reservoir

the RKE/Laptop interface

and some other misc things

You might be the slowest reef builder on earth but i, for sure, am the 2nd. :)

I just went to visit Canadia too! Montreal, Quebec, Halifax.. no Ontario. Sorry, I didn't make it any further west of Montreal!

phi delt reefer

ugh Montreal...no comment :angry:

maritime provinces are good - great people - always down for a good time. Nice clean air too :)

Seano Hermano

Wow...I love the build, Madea. I just went through all 19 pages this morning! I see you've had ups and downs, but that happens with all reef tanks. Congrats on the new(ish) house and the construction looks great. I LOVE the DIY cabinet(s) and light fixture! :D

Can we get some more pictures of the tank? Maybe a FTS? :P

ugh Montreal...no comment :angry:

maritime provinces are good - great people - always down for a good time. Nice clean air too :)

I enjoyed everywhere I went up there! So far, Canadia is batting 1000, as far as 'cool-places-to-be' go.

Wow...I love the build, Madea. I just went through all 19 pages this morning! I see you've had ups and downs, but that happens with all reef tanks. Congrats on the new(ish) house and the construction looks great. I LOVE the DIY cabinet(s) and light fixture! :D

Can we get some more pictures of the tank? Maybe a FTS? :P

Thanks. It's amazing to think that i've had this tank for 19 pages. I don't really count the first... year or so because I had a malfunctioning heater killing off my live stock like clockwork, every cool evening.

I'll get you a FTS later this week. I sold my GF1, and bought a new camera, and panasonic's distribution is awful. I preordered the thing almost 2 months ago..

Archived