Top Shelf Aquatics

Plainrt's breeder build.Version 2.The waste of good water

plainrt

Plainrt, you have some awesome tanks keep it up!! I too am most likely upgrading to a 40breeder, lol, but peninsula style.

Thanks alot.Yeah peninsula tanks rule.I wish i had a spot for one.Cant wait to see your build if go that route.Love your cube also.

wow you got a nice tank there! i like what you got in there as far as corals go too@

Thanks,cant wait for some of the acans and chalices etc to grow out.I noticed otherday my one bigger purple acan frag has atleast 15 babies on :} cant wait for them to grow.I like lps as you can see lol.Oh and a simple softcorals to add movement in the water.I hate looking at tanks with out soft corals cause they look so calm.Dont get me wrong i like sps also for other reasons.

Glad you found him! My goal is to not lose any fish this calendar year... Don't know how well that will turn out.

Got everything moved into my tank tonight. Still not looking as nice as yours though.

Yeah i would have been sad lol.I only have lost one fish so far and that was a citron clown goby in my 14 that i think my clam locked down on or my pistol killed.I was watching him few min before found dead.I heard loud clicking from pistol and went and looked in tank to find him dead.Glad got all switched over.Give it time and you will get it how you want.This tank was a pita at first and was ready to give up on it but now im very happy i didnt go that route.

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well just wanted to show tank is still doing well.My orange clown keeps trying to host my open brain and its not liking it.I moved it and the clown seems to have forgot about it for now.I just hope he dont go for my scoly now that its where the open brain was lol.I dont get why they cant dive into the rbta or even one of the frogspawns or hammers i have.Oh and i ditched the big kenya as i didnt like how much space it took up.

all 5 chromis still alive.

100_1173.jpg

nanoreef11

Hey plainrt I was wondering what happened to you. Forgot you were setting up the 30br. Everything looks good. What did you end up doing with the 14BC?

Hey plainrt I was wondering what happened to you. Forgot you were setting up the 30br. Everything looks good. What did you end up doing with the 14BC?

Thanks.Lol yeah i ran out of room in the cube.I ended up trading it to a local for some corals and cash.He posted some pics of it on here a page or two back.

thanks again

Thanks.Lol yeah i ran out of room in the cube.I ended up trading it to a local for some corals and cash.He posted some pics of it on here a page or two back.

thanks again

My girlfriend thinks you're evil! We were at the LFS (don't know why I'm saying local, it was 65 miles away) and they had green chromis. I wanted something that would school.... and after seeing this many living in a 30 on your page, I had to have them.

nanoreef11
My girlfriend thinks you're evil! We were at the LFS (don't know why I'm saying local, it was 65 miles away) and they had green chromis. I wanted something that would school.... and after seeing this many living in a 30 on your page, I had to have them.

Haha girlfriends always hate when money isn't spent on them.

Oh man......Im sorry lol.My chromis are still all alive but i can tell the little one gets beat up time to time.

Oh man......Im sorry lol.My chromis are still all alive but i can tell the little one gets beat up time to time.

I'm wondering how long mine will live. I got some really small ones (you can see the pics on my page). I have the small omega one marine pellets with garlic which is what I use as a normal feed for my tank. They went nuts when I put it in, but the pellets are too big for them!

So I got out the jar of Nutrafin Max marine flake food that I used when I started up my biocube. They ignored that, and my clowns ate it (after having already eaten the pellets).

So I waited till today, and got out the frozen brine shrimp that I feed about once/twice a week as a treat to the tank. They went nuts and swam up to it, but didn't actually eat any of it!

I'm not quite too sure what to do now :(

I could always try grinding up the pellets...

Wow thats odd.Mine will chase after anything and eat.I would smash up the pellets for now i think.Mine love flake food.

Well im thinking of getting rid of my rbta as its just too big and growing like crazy in the 30 already.Im trying to decide what would look good in its place......I would like a nice torch but can never find one.Im also thinking something red in color but not sure.I may also get rid of my open brain as its a pig and if i dont feed it all the time it gets upset.Im trying to keep it simple with out too many special care items in tank anymore.Light feeding is fine time to time but feeding this brain a pita at times.

any ideas on new items to replace the rbta and maybe the open brain?

Well im thinking of getting rid of my rbta as its just too big and growing like crazy in the 30 already.Im trying to decide what would look good in its place......I would like a nice torch but can never find one.Im also thinking something red in color but not sure.I may also get rid of my open brain as its a pig and if i dont feed it all the time it gets upset.Im trying to keep it simple with out too many special care items in tank anymore.Light feeding is fine time to time but feeding this brain a pita at times.

any ideas on new items to replace the rbta and maybe the open brain?

Don't know about something red for a replacement, but I've always liked torch / hammer / frogspawn. And my two clowns have taken to hosting in the bigger piece for frogspawn in my tank.

Have you thought about branching vs plain torch? I've always seen the branching stuff (and it's what I have), but my good LFS got some non-branching torch in that looks wicked. The base of it is about the size of an NFL players fist! I bet you wouldn't have trouble getting your clowns to host in something like that.

Well another reason to get rid of the rbta is that my clowns havent touched in a long time now and dont host anything in tank really.i have alot of stuff for them to host and they dont bother to touch them.I always liked the yellow tipped torches.Maybe ill find one.

I voted for you ;)

It was an honest vote too. Your tank really stands out against the competition and by the current poll results it appers most others agree. I will say good luck but it really is a great tank so you shouldn't need it!

I voted for you ;)

It was an honest vote too. Your tank really stands out against the competition and by the current poll results it appers most others agree. I will say good luck but it really is a great tank so you shouldn't need it!

Thanks.The tank is coming along nice and cant wait for it to grow in.I did some changing around in past few days.The rbta is now gone.Little sad about it but ill find something else neat that wont take up so much land.

Got my vote!

I :wub: ur tank.

Thanks that means alot coming from you. :}

thanks.

Ill try and take some new pics of tank tomorrow.The rbta has found a bigger home to a local so i could free up some land.Im sad its gone cause was so good in both my tanks and never moved more then a inch on the rock i made in almost a year.Ill never find another like it lol.I added another frag of rainbow acans that need some tlc,12 or so small frags of zoas to grow out and two more frags sps to see what happens with them.I have one frag of green pocillopora that has been growing great so far.

heres a recent pic now that the rbta is gone.I miss but at same time like how much room have to work with now.The rbta was pointless pretty much as clowns didnt touch it in almost a year.

I like how tank looks from the side.

100_1222.jpg

duncans in new spot and loving it.

100_1193.jpg

I really like this tank.

So I was thinking, would you mind terribly if I came over tonight and stared at it for a little while and pretended it was mine?

Looking good!

Seriously jealous of your aquascape. I gonna register on RC so I can vote for you (tried to unregistered, but of course it wont let me lol)

I really like this tank.

So I was thinking, would you mind terribly if I came over tonight and stared at it for a little while and pretended it was mine?

Lol come on over anytime you want.Tanks looks ten times better in person instead of my junk p&s camera.

Thanks

Looking good!

Seriously jealous of your aquascape. I gonna register on RC so I can vote for you (tried to unregistered, but of course it wont let me lol)

Thanks im very happy with the scape and would change a thing with it.It came out just how i wanted and thats hard to do sometimes.

and make sure to check out the other tanks on rc before vote for mine.

Remember way back in the beginning when you were gonna give up after all those difficulties you were having?

Aren't you glad you stuck with it now?

Archived