inTank Media Baskets

Plainrt's breeder build.Version 2.The waste of good water

plainrt

Well i gave in and im trying out a skimmer for Sapphire Aquatics since they were too kind.This is the new nano in tank design from them.So far its nice.The build quality is great and seems like a solid piece.It also runs very quiet.

100_1258.jpg

100_1259.jpg

100_1260.jpg

Thanks again kyle

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is that sucking in water?

Well i gave in and im trying out a skimmer for Sapphire Aquatics since they were too kind.This is the new nano in tank design from them.So far its nice.The build quality is great and seems like a solid piece.It also runs very quiet.

100_1258.jpg

100_1259.jpg

100_1260.jpg

Thanks again kyle

After get moved in new house as i think as have alot of stuff going on.The skimmer is thanks to sapphire :}

How is that fan in the back of your tank working for you. Is it quite? I'm thinking about getting one myself.

interested in how this skimmer will change your tank. for the better of course :D

How is that fan in the back of your tank working for you. Is it quite? I'm thinking about getting one myself.

Fan is little loud but not to bad.Its in my living room and dont notice all that much.It helps with temps a decent amount

interested in how this skimmer will change your tank. for the better of course :D

Me too.I cant wait to see what it pulls out lol

Hmm... I found the 30 breeder at a local shop for $90 as well. Odd price considering a regular 30G is going for $55 at the same place.

I have a JBJ ATO and the float switch is considerably smaller... was thinking I could hide it.

I like it.The ato ? has come up few times now and i think best to mount on side of filter like mine is in pics.Are you talking just the tank its self or everything lol?I paid almost 90 for just the tank cause was special order from small store.

I know its odd that cost so much but not easy to find them lol.You may be able to hide it in there but might get in way of filter floss etc.Worth a shot maybe.

well i got sick of my stupid glass top for many many reasons and made this up today.Way nicer :D still have some work to do on making lexan pieces to cover back area a bit in next day or so.

100_1261.jpg

100_1262.jpg

Well i have all the rock in now and it just needs to color back up lol.I love how it turned out.Now it just needs to mature a bit.

100_1059.jpg

100_1062.jpg

100_1064.jpg

Hey,

I got your PM on the transfer, thanks. So the LR on the right is from your Biocube and the left island is what you added. It looks like you transferred the rock on the right with your live stock into the tank all at once before you put the rock on the left back in the tank. Is that correct? I guess my main concern is bioload and whether or not the 15-20 lbs of LR I have in my AP will be enough to sustain my 2 clowns and corals until I can get more rock added. I guess if the LR is maintianing the load in the AP, it should do the same in the 40 as long as I don;t introduce any more livestock until I add more LR??? Also, I was thinking of using some base rock to save a little money so not sure how all that factors into everthing.

BTW that new top is way nice!!! Can you tell me a little more about it (materials, where you purchased, etc.)? I have a piece of egg crate cut to fit my 40 and was going to piant in black but I thought it might block the light a little or create shadows. Thanks.

nicetop!

thanks it works sweet.My temps went from low 80s down to 77in no time :} and all my fish are still inside tank

Hey,

I got your PM on the transfer, thanks. So the LR on the right is from your Biocube and the left island is what you added. It looks like you transferred the rock on the right with your live stock into the tank all at once before you put the rock on the left back in the tank. Is that correct? I guess my main concern is bioload and whether or not the 15-20 lbs of LR I have in my AP will be enough to sustain my 2 clowns and corals until I can get more rock added. I guess if the LR is maintianing the load in the AP, it should do the same in the 40 as long as I don;t introduce any more livestock until I add more LR??? Also, I was thinking of using some base rock to save a little money so not sure how all that factors into everthing.

BTW that new top is way nice!!! Can you tell me a little more about it (materials, where you purchased, etc.)? I have a piece of egg crate cut to fit my 40 and was going to piant in black but I thought it might block the light a little or create shadows. Thanks.

I think you got it all down.I think it worked good and didnt see signs of stress.The new island rock was cycled in a tub after i killed it all off cause of flatworms from hell.I think would be fine doing it this way as long as didnt go to long with just the rock from your cube.On to the top.I had a egg crate painted black but blocked the light to much for me.The new one is made with just a window screen frame kit from walmart cut down to size and painted black.The mesh stuff i used is from home depot in the garden section and it was called bird mesh or something.Simple and cost under 20 bucks to do.Ill post the rest of the top up later when finish up the area that will cover back area.

I finished up on the rest of the new cover.I cut lexan to cover the back areas so fish couldnt get out.I think might add some kind of handle to front yet so easier to pull off.Other wise works great.Way better then glass.

100_1263.jpg

100_1264.jpg

Top looks nice. Any updates on the back part?

The back of the top?Its all done in the pics below.Also getting 3 or 4 new lps frags on sat :}

100_1263.jpg

100_1264.jpg

Looks really good!

Im jealous about your frags.

I lost another head on my hammer. The other 4 look to be doing good hopefully.

Looks really good!

Im jealous about your frags.

I lost another head on my hammer. The other 4 look to be doing good hopefully.

The heads might come back yet.I have heard of some that real bad coming around again.Im getting a lobo,favia and a frag of acan echinata today :}

loving this top.Its nice to see my heater light on saying its heating the tank instead of it flashing all the time saying the temp is high lol

Thunderstruck34

nice top...I will def try to make it so wish me look that it comes out as nice as yours. just unplugged one of my heaters and its 82, so still too high for my tastes so hopefully the frankentop will bring it to 80. setting up the bio 29 tomorrow, was going to set it up tonight but now that michelle has a bigger tank she wants it to be more of a focal point... another reason to rearrange her room...aghhh

Yeah there easy to make.I wish i brought some of the mesh up there for you.I have a roll that could do like 50 tops lol.I got from home depot in the garden section.It was called bird block something or another.The window screen kit i got from walmart cause was cheapest but have them at the depot also.Oh and when you do it make sure to buy the 2 dollar roller to put the screen in.It does wonders lol.

Oh and go steal my clam back from eric..........

Have you seen any difference in this tank since you added the skimmer, or do you think it's still too early to tell?

I'm hoping to go in a similar direction with the tank I'm setting up now in that I really want it to be Softie and LPS dominated.

I guess my point is, I really enjoy what you're doing with this tank!

Have I mentioned that before? ;)

Yeah i have seen some changes.....My xenia decided it wanted to melt away but other then that havent seen anything really.I think will take some time yet.What tank you setting up now?

and thanks

Thunderstruck34

lol ha yeah i'll work on that. set up the tank today...very nice...she is happy which is a good sign. Now she can have more than one fish so she can go into fish orders with me...sweet. Do you think the window screen kit is going to get in the way of the legs for my nep? Just wondering if it will be more likely to fall off with that extra stuff on.

lol ha yeah i'll work on that. set up the tank today...very nice...she is happy which is a good sign. Now she can have more than one fish so she can go into fish orders with me...sweet. Do you think the window screen kit is going to get in the way of the legs for my nep? Just wondering if it will be more likely to fall off with that extra stuff on.

Thats cool that got it setup and she is happy with it.Im not sure about the legs.Are they pretty much same as ones on sunpod?If so i think should be able to slide off and on.Lol i say hang the light :}

Archived