Plainrt's breeder build.Version 2.The waste of good water

plainrt

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a well deserved win. congrats!

Thanks much

Congrats plainrt on the ntotm!

thanks.You decide on new setup or grow out the cube some more?Either way is good :}

Is there a link on RC to a tank of the month-profile type deal? I can't seem to find it if so..

I still have to make it yet as they werent very fast on letting me know what to do lol.Maybe tonight ill get it up.

Go you!

thanks.How is your tank doing now?

thanks.How is your tank doing now?

Better... I guess. Just posted an update in my thread. Lost a 4th chromis, but things seem to be stabilizing...

New fuge seems to be working.

Thats sucks but good that its getting better.Its odd they didnt wanna eat.Ill get on your thread in bit when get done putting new zoas on rocks :}

nanoreef11
thanks.You decide on new setup or grow out the cube some more?Either way is good :}

I'm taking home 9lbs of smaller rock tonight so I'm going to attempt to get the aquascape down. Stay tuned I might get pics up tonight idk.

Jon

Hey that is outstanding! Congrats on the well deserved win!!!

BTW, I was wondering if you could answer a question for me about your filter. I am pretty close to having what I need to get my 40B up and running but I need to figure out my filter situation. I am looking into the Tunze Nano filter which is basically the same thing as the Subcurrent filter you have with a bit more flow. My question is controlling evaporation with this type of setup. Are your ATO sesnors installed into your filter box or in your display? I emailed Tunze about how this and they indicated the sesnors would be installed in the display but I just don't see how that would work. I started a post about this in the equipment forum too but then I thought about you having a similar setup. Congrats agian on the win!

Hey that is outstanding! Congrats on the well deserved win!!!

BTW, I was wondering if you could answer a question for me about your filter. I am pretty close to having what I need to get my 40B up and running but I need to figure out my filter situation. I am looking into the Tunze Nano filter which is basically the same thing as the Subcurrent filter you have with a bit more flow. My question is controlling evaporation with this type of setup. Are your ATO sesnors installed into your filter box or in your display? I emailed Tunze about how this and they indicated the sesnors would be installed in the display but I just don't see how that would work. I started a post about this in the equipment forum too but then I thought about you having a similar setup. Congrats agian on the win!

Thanks.With mine i have the ato setup to the left of the subcurrent filter on back wall above the nozzle.Im using a autotopoff.com setup and like it alot.I think its a must to use a ato with these kind of filters.Check out pic and can see how it is in my tank.It cant be seen really too much as i painted it black so it blends in some what.

thanks again and good luck with you build.Any more ?s just ask and ill try to help.

100_1061.jpg

nanoreef11

I have got to say. Damn. You must add corals every 5 days haha. If you go cheap then it isn't too bad I suppose. I might be adding a 5 headed hammer tomorrow! Excited!!

Did you see the new scape? It's killer dude!

I really didnt add much coral wise to this tank.Alot came from the cube.Corals that added to the 30 was the scoly,anthelia,plate coral,bigger frogspawn,3 sps frags and random small zoa and palys.It may seem like alot added cause i was always moving frags around etc but atleast 90% of the corals were in the tiny cube hidden lol.Im gonna go check out your new scape right now :}

nanoreef11
I really didnt add much coral wise to this tank.Alot came from the cube.Corals that added to the 30 was the scoly,anthelia,plate coral,bigger frogspawn,3 sps frags and random small zoa and palys.It may seem like alot added cause i was always moving frags around etc but atleast 90% of the corals were in the tiny cube hidden lol.Im gonna go check out your new scape right now :}

Yea I need to go frag shopping really soon!

nanoreef11

Haha I don't want to spend like $100 though. I want my tank filled but not ready to drop a lot of money.

I agree 100%.Im not a fan of expensive corals.The most expensive i have is the scoly which was like 60 bucks.I tend to find deals on local forums.Do you have and good local clubs?

nanoreef11
I agree 100%.Im not a fan of expensive corals.The most expensive i have is the scoly which was like 60 bucks.I tend to find deals on local forums.Do you have and good local clubs?

Yea I believe there is one club called Central Valley Reefers.

CV Reefers

What corals would you recommend?

Thanks.With mine i have the ato setup to the left of the subcurrent filter on back wall above the nozzle.Im using a autotopoff.com setup and like it alot.I think its a must to use a ato with these kind of filters.Check out pic and can see how it is in my tank.It cant be seen really too much as i painted it black so it blends in some what.

thanks again and good luck with you build.Any more ?s just ask and ill try to help.

100_1061.jpg

Hey there,

I saw your post on the thread/question I started in the Equipment Forum. I did check in last night and saw the info you posted on the ATO here but I spent all weekend building my stand so by the time I got online I was beat and couldn't muster the energy to type a response! Thank you so much for all the help you have provided me over the past couple of months. Your tank and build has inspired me to go this route. I am so glad I found this site and nice people like you willing to lend a helping hand. Getting closer to having my 40B up and running. Seems silly but I can hardly wait to just fill it up with water :D

nanoreef11
good luck man.If need anything you know where to find me lol

Any corals you recommend for the cube?

How is the Subcurrent working for you. I am thinking about going to the same exact setup you have. Is there enough room in the Subcurrent for a ATO float switch? How much did you pay for the tank?

How is the Subcurrent working for you. I am thinking about going to the same exact setup you have. Is there enough room in the Subcurrent for a ATO float switch? How much did you pay for the tank?

I like it.The ato ? has come up few times now and i think best to mount on side of filter like mine is in pics.Are you talking just the tank its self or everything lol?I paid almost 90 for just the tank cause was special order from small store.

Archived