Coral Vue Hydros

Plainrt's breeder build.Version 2.The waste of good water

plainrt

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks,its coming along nice now.I forgot to grab a pic of my bicolor blen.Ill have to get one soon of him.He a neat fish to watch.

Dude your tank is looking awesome, good work. I love the tek light its way better than the MH, keep the pics coming

Agreed I like the rockwork also it has a very spacious feel to it.

Thanks thats what i wanted when planing this tank up.I didnt have much in my cube so this was a must in this tank so i could keep a ton of lps in the sandbed.Im running about 35 lbs lr in this tank.

Dude your tank is looking awesome, good work. I love the tek light its way better than the MH, keep the pics coming

Thanks im really liking the tek also.I just ordered a bunch of bulbs to play with that should be here early next week.Tank will look alot better when that rock colors up lol

Tank is looking awesome, I am soooo glad you stuck with this!

What bulbs are in the fixture now, and what bulbs do you have on the way?

I'm working on a 30g upgrade too but mine will be a 36x12x16 tank. I have a 4x39w retro on the way now and I'm hoping to build a cool custom wooden enclosure for it that will be suspended over the tank like your fixture is.

Keep up the good work!

Tank is looking awesome, I am soooo glad you stuck with this!

What bulbs are in the fixture now, and what bulbs do you have on the way?

I'm working on a 30g upgrade too but mine will be a 36x12x16 tank. I have a 4x39w retro on the way now and I'm hoping to build a cool custom wooden enclosure for it that will be suspended over the tank like your fixture is.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks me too :}

Im running all Giesemann lamps. The combination is 2 x Aqaublue Plus, 1 x Midday 6000K & 1 x Pure Actinic.Im gonna copy gobyinpeace bulb combo as i saw in person and its just crazy.I know his is overdriven but hopefully its close to his.

this is what ordered to try and should be here on tuesday

1 x 39W 6500K Daylight T5 HO Fluorescent by General Electric

1 x 39W 12000K Aquablue Special T5 HO Fluorescent by ATI

1 x 39W Blue Plus T5 HO Fluorescent by ATI

1 x 39W Super Actinic T5 HO Fluorescent by UV Lighting

Hello, been tagging along because I really want a 40B as well but want to keep it simple too. Can you tell me how ell your Current subcurrent filter is doing? Most places I have read indicate these filters are for tanks 30 gallons or less.

Thanks.

Hello, been tagging along because I really want a 40B as well but want to keep it simple too. Can you tell me how ell your Current subcurrent filter is doing? Most places I have read indicate these filters are for tanks 30 gallons or less.

Thanks.

Yeah only reson went with it is cause didnt wanna drill and wanted something that didnt hang off back of tank.I wouldnt use on anything bigger then my tank unless used two of them but i believe there are better options out there then.I really believe in keeping it simple and keeping up with water changes.The subcurrent only works good if keep perfect water level as i found out first hand.No way can use with out a ato.That is a must.Since i added my ato i have been very happy with it.If can have something hanging off back and dont wanna drill i would use a ac110 or ac70.

seee!!! you stayed with it and it payd off!!! your tank looks amazing!!! keep up the great work!!! :)

Thanks alot im really glad i stuck with it.I do miss my clam though as i had to give away so i didnt hurt it.Ill get another one or two in few months :}

Yay, I'm glad that you didn't give it up! It looks like a good start so far! :)

thanks :] hope one day fills in like my cube did and i can move on to something bigger again.Hopefully will be buying a house soon so that will allow more options.

K i drove some hours for this rainbow scoly today and got new bulbs which seem to bring out some color but a little more blue then i like.Maybe if i move them around it would change look a bit.

100_1095.jpg

100_1094.jpg

looks great!

if those clowns werent in there, at first glance the tank looks HUGE! i love the island aquascaping also!

-dan

looks great!

if those clowns werent in there, at first glance the tank looks HUGE! i love the island aquascaping also!

-dan

LOL....Thanks.I try to keep it all in scale and dont want nothing to be too big etc.I feel it helps make things look a lot better.I like how the islands turned out also and will only look better when it all fills in.Im already running out of room in my sandbed :{ Thats not good lol.Well looking into buying a house now so when that happens i will work on a shallow cube tank to replace this when filled in :}

My new Blue Sided Fairy Wrasse.Im now done for fish.........First day and not to shy.I love the colors on these guys.

100_1129.jpg

100_1125.jpg

LOL thanks.Im not sure how all would have went with only 20ish lbs live rock in there though.Im pushing the stocking quite a bit in this thing but im sure a chromis or two will kill each other off soon.

I've been into the "less is more" thing lately. I'm thinking about setting up a new tank with a very similar aquascape.

Yeah that was my plan with this tank as my cube sucked for space cause I went the 1.5+lbs lr per gallon route.Never again.....I wanted more sandbed and rock work that allowed for better coral placement.I like how it turned out.

Archived