SaltCritters.com

Plainrt's breeder build.Version 2.The waste of good water

plainrt

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply
holy balls...im jealous of your tank man...where did you get that sweet purple anthelia and frogspawn??? ha! looking really good tho...I finally figured out how to post pictures that aren't super tiny so after a long wait here is a pic of the BC.post-42262-1240208254_thumb.jpg

Wow that looks good.I like the big cave and open sandbed.Thats where i screwed up with it when i had.Glad to see its going well.Hope she likes it.

Beautiful tank and very nice bulb color.

Thanks and my pics dont do justice.Its brighter in person.Im using same bulbs as gobyinpeace's 40 that was tank of month in jan but wish i could take pics like him.I have seen his tank in person and its everything the pics show.One day ill buy a good cam.

sweet!! breeders are awesome.

thanks

This really makes me jealous. I hope my tank turns out half as good as this one!

Lol thanks.Im sure it will.Im pretty sure i remember seeing a tank of yours that i really liked.

Looks like things are still going great with your tank. I am getting closer to pulling the trigger and a 40B and have another question about your Subcurrent filter. I am cotemplating getting 2 of these to go along with a HOB fuge and was wondering if the outputs can be switched to flow out of the right side of the box. I saw a close up photo on Dr. Foster & Smith and it looks like there is a seam about 2/3 of the way down. Can you remove the lower portion of the box and flip it around so that the outputs go on the other side? Thinking about putting the two boxes in the center of the tank but that won't really work if I am stuck with left side outputs on both. Hopefully that makese sense. Thanks again for the thread and the pictures!

Thanks im pretty sure can flop sides around as the pic on box shows other way and it all lloks like can be switched with ease.Im 99% sure it will work way you want.40breeders are sweet and everyone seems to think way to go nowdays.

thanks and good luck with build

Thanks im pretty sure can flop sides around as the pic on box shows other way and it all lloks like can be switched with ease.Im 99% sure it will work way you want.40breeders are sweet and everyone seems to think way to go nowdays.

thanks and good luck with build

Thank you and thanks again for helping me out with the filter info. I'll keep tagging along.

A crappy vid this was first one i tried of tank and baby was getting mad so cut short so...........Ill try another one day lol

th_100_1168.jpg

LOL thanks.Im not sure how all would have went with only 20ish lbs live rock in there though.Im pushing the stocking quite a bit in this thing but im sure a chromis or two will kill each other off soon.

is this responsible reef keeping????? Calling someone else stupid for wanting to put a RBTA in their tank.....and then saying this in your thread????

Well today i got my order of snails from reef cleaners and took out the last of my hermits and tossed in the 2 gallon of death.I hope the all snail cuc works out with this tank.I know at times with all the lps feeding the cuc works over time lol.

Ill get some current shots of tank this weekend.

Well today i got my order of snails from reef cleaners and took out the last of my hermits and tossed in the 2 gallon of death.I hope the all snail cuc works out with this tank.I know at times with all the lps feeding the cuc works over time lol.

Ill get some current shots of tank this weekend.

With having all snails, what do you have to really stir up the sand bed? I think the problem I had in my BC14 with cyano was due to the way i had the sand covered with coral and that I had nothing stiring it up. I couldn't do it during a water change...

So I got a sand goby, and everything has been better since.

nice tank and vid!!

thanks much

is this responsible reef keeping????? Calling someone else stupid for wanting to put a RBTA in their tank.....and then saying this in your thread????

Yep it is.If knew anything about chromis that is what they do.What was the big deal of saying that?

roy STFU :slap:

With having all snails, what do you have to really stir up the sand bed? I think the problem I had in my BC14 with cyano was due to the way i had the sand covered with coral and that I had nothing stiring it up. I couldn't do it during a water change...

So I got a sand goby, and everything has been better since.

I have about 20+ nassarius snails and ton of Cerith snails to keep sand clean.I also have a big old pistol that is always mixing up sand.I never had issues with sandbeds getting really dirty even with the heavy feeding of lps in tanks.I hope my cuc works out.

well today feeding my corals i noticed my ywg is mia.He was my first fish ever and im little upset.I cant find any sign of him.Maybe he is hiding but dont think so :{

I know he was looking perfect last nite.I hope no rock work crushed him or anything.Him and the pistol had caves all over.What gets me is i cant find remains anywhere.Maybe my rbta ate him last nite.

:D

Cancel that.I found him hanging out in a small cave in back of tank.Its odd cause whn i feed all my lps he is always out tring to get some good food but he wasnt anywhere to be found today.I feel alot better now.

I'm upgrading from my biocube 14 soon to a 40B. Your build is lots of help to me. I hope mine will look as nice as yours.

Thanks alot.You will love working with the 40b.If ever have ?s feel free to ask me

thanks again

Fsurocks99

Plainrt, you have some awesome tanks keep it up!! I too am most likely upgrading to a 40breeder, lol, but peninsula style.

:D

Cancel that.I found him hanging out in a small cave in back of tank.Its odd cause whn i feed all my lps he is always out tring to get some good food but he wasnt anywhere to be found today.I feel alot better now.

Glad you found him! My goal is to not lose any fish this calendar year... Don't know how well that will turn out.

Got everything moved into my tank tonight. Still not looking as nice as yours though.

Archived