Cultivated Reef

Plainrt's breeder build.Version 2.The waste of good water

plainrt

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I added few new frags of lps and added a koralia nano to get rid of a dead spot i had and was bothering me.All is going great otherwise.

New pics 6-15-09

FTS.

100_1270.jpg

Side shot

100_1291.jpg

Left half

100_1288.jpg

New pink and red acan

100_1293.jpg

New green eye acan echinata

100_1297.jpg

New orange/green favia

100_1296.jpg

Orange acan having a ton of babies

100_1298.jpg

Orange/red acan starting to do better

100_1292.jpg

Few sps frags doing well

100_1281.jpg

Blastos going very fast.

100_1294.jpg

Duncans growing like weeds?How do you make them stop lol?

100_1274.jpg

My bothers duncans that he gave to me to see if can do cpr on.We got the frags same time from same person.He even got the bigger frag with 1 or 2 more heads......Which one you think doing better?

100_1295.jpg

Thunderstruck34

holy crap! your stuff is nuts! Me and my brother had the same situation with the duncans...his had 5 heads and mine had 1 when we got them, when he took down his tank 4 months later his still had 5 heads and mine had 13, as of now his is in my tank with 10 head and yada yada it grows fast. Not going to lie I like looking at fts of your tank and looking for frags I gave you... it's like where is waldo coral edition for me.

Looks great Love the pink acan

thanks I bought it then got home to remember i have a micro that is almost just like it.Oh well lol

holy crap! your stuff is nuts! Me and my brother had the same situation with the duncans...his had 5 heads and mine had 1 when we got them, when he took down his tank 4 months later his still had 5 heads and mine had 13, as of now his is in my tank with 10 head and yada yada it grows fast. Not going to lie I like looking at fts of your tank and looking for frags I gave you... it's like where is waldo coral edition for me.

Yeah you have to stop giving me stuff and i have to stop getting tanks for you lol.I do have alot of stuff from you in there nowdays.

thanks

"Imitation is the sincerest of flattery"

~Charles Caleb Colton

I say this, because i hope to mimic your set-up. Only 10 gallons bigger. I have nowhere near as much money to spend on corals and such.... but the basic idea will be the same (simplicity will be key)

btw

very amazing tank.

mmm I like the blastos! Everywhere I look for them wants a leg and an arm for a 2 head frag :(

I got them and the bright green candy cane in trade for another used 30b i had.I started with about 6 heads in feb and now have atleast 30+ of the blastos now.If were local i would have gave you some........

"Imitation is the sincerest of flattery"

~Charles Caleb Colton

I say this, because i hope to mimic your set-up. Only 10 gallons bigger. I have nowhere near as much money to spend on corals and such.... but the basic idea will be the same (simplicity will be key)

btw

very amazing tank.

:D

Thanks.I really wouldnt say i spent alot on corals.Well not at one time.The most expensive coral i have is the scoly that i paid 60 for from a local forum.Only thing in my tank i ordered from online that i can think of is my clowns,A few rics and a few zoas from sealife and my cuc items i order online cause cost too much in stores around here.The rest came from people and stores in the area.I tend to support the locals in the hobby and as i do that i meet alot of people that are nice enough to give great deals on frags.I would find a local club in your area and meet others in your area.

Good luck and ill be watching for your tank.

plainrt........ Congrats on your nTOTM over on RC! I was just there and noticed it. I think it's neat how several of N-R members have won TOTM honors!! I think it's also ironic how RC has a policy that won't let RC posters link to N-R! Just goes to show, N-R can "kick butt"! ;)

plainrt........ Congrats on your nTOTM over on RC! I was just there and noticed it. I think it's neat how several of N-R members have won TOTM honors!! I think it's also ironic how RC has a policy that won't let RC posters link to N-R! Just goes to show, N-R can "kick butt"! ;)

Thanks alot I always loved your tank and helped give me ideas for my own tanks.I agree that rc has some strange things going on but can find some good stuff there.

Easy bro... You might get the BH dropped if they see that over there!!! ;)

Congrats!!! B)

Thanks! Lol i always got here if they cant take a joke :)

i like that even more now.

cause it looked like something really expensive (i guessed at $50+ ) but hell for $26 thats a steal

thankyou

Thunderstruck34

Got a little rose anemone for the bc...man that tanks comin along really nice, i'll hafta send you a pic. hows everything doing with that skimmer of yours? And what else are you using for filtration? I see you have wots o fish, man I only have 3 in my 40br and I wouldn't put any more than 5...whats your secret?

Got a little rose anemone for the bc...man that tanks comin along really nice, i'll hafta send you a pic. hows everything doing with that skimmer of yours? And what else are you using for filtration? I see you have wots o fish, man I only have 3 in my 40br and I wouldn't put any more than 5...whats your secret?

Yeah i was thinking about that little rbta then i saw you leave message for it lol.......Send me some pics or start some on here or fox valley.I took out skimmer for now but is gonna go back soon after i play with it in another tank.Im only using that current subcurrent filter with chemi pure and filter floss in and thats it.I do 5 gal wc every week to keep all levels in check.I feed as little as i can and feed all the lps one time a week.Im thinking of taking out the chromis though and just getting one yellow fish that i have been wanting now and calling it quits on fish :}

nice setup! i love it!

thanks alot your pico was neat.

Thunderstruck34

Ahh I see I see, yeah I'll hafta take some pics tonight or tomorrow, cool little nem, yeah I do 5 gal wc on the 40br and now the 29BC once a week as well, never had a problem with nitrates or anything either so maybe thats the secret, and by one yellow fish would that be a yellow wrasse? I just got one of those and they are pretty sweet not goin to lie.

Yeah them are sweet fish and thought about one also but im really wanting to order a gold Assessor basslet to replace the chromis if i can find them a good home.

Hello,

Just wanted to drop a note to let you know that I finally made the move into the 40! Although it took me almost all weekend to make the transfer, everything went great. All my corals started to open up about 2 to 3 hours after being added to the new tank and the clowns seem to be happy. I took my time and did my best to get the SG, temperature and pH of the new water as close to the old. I also took about 3 hours to acclimate everything. Probably overkill but I think it was worth it. I opted for an AquaClear 70 in lieu of the Tunze nano filter I was considering. I actually bought a 110 but it turned out to be cracked and the LFS didn't have any more 110s. The 70 is nice though. I also ended up getting a Koralia 2 and 3 but I can't turn the 3 on without causing a sand storm! Hopefully that will resolve itself once I add more rock. I went ahead and added by K-nano as well. If you want to check it out you can click the link in my signature. Thanks again for helping me out!

Archived